Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMarles)
    Sounds like a plan. Top tip, don't stress out too much Just have a look at what needs more work and prioritise it and polish it up using medify. It's a great tool.

I did OK. I was a bit ill and got a bad VR but was fine otherwise.
    VR: 680
    QR:850
    AR:690
    SJ: Band 2 :/
    Avg: 740
    Thats pretty damn good lol especially that QR 850. I was a bit worried about medify QR since the questions took a while to read as they had long paras and stuff VR is my main weakness too. Goodluck on your med school applications.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a plan. Top tip, don't stress out too much Just have a look at what needs more work and prioritise it and polish it up using medify. It's a great tool.

Congrats and I hope you feel better now. How did you manage that for VR? When I see the long questions I switch off. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    Guys are there any unis that credit/value A* predictions/achieved grades at a2.

I've achieved A*A* A at a2. But I have a further C at as level :/. Haven't don't he ukcat yet, I've got it coming up next week. But I've been averaging out at around 670 band 2. My gcse: 6.5A* 5A.

I'd appreciate any help/tips. Also if anyone has a a medify account/subscription that they're not using anymore bc they've done their test, is it possible to share it with me? I'm not expecting anyone to say yes, but it was worth a try bc im running out of material and still struggling.
    Check each university's requirements for A levels and if they want a B in the AS subject that you dropped then don't apply to it. There are Unis that accept a C I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarabegum12)
    Q1) The passages were long and obscure (to me anyway) I scored 600, which is just above half right. Most the passaes were 3 - 4 paragraphs long.
    Q2) QR questions were easy but really long.
    Q3) I got band 3 for SJ which is about 50% right i think. To get band 2, you'd need about 65 -75%
    What do you mean by 'long' for qr, please elaborate, long working out or long paragraphs

ReputationRep:

wow.. good score!
    What was your VR technique?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the averages and deciles for this year's UKCAT have been released yet?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else finding the QR section in the medify mocks difficult? I find the calculations quite long and always run out of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustWondering98)
    Does anyone know if the averages and deciles for this year's UKCAT have been released yet?
    I think they get released once everyone's done the exam so should be early october if I'm not mistaken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    wow.. good score!
    What was your VR technique?
    For t/f/ct questions I ALWAYS read the question first so I knew exactly what to look out for. For the other type, I skim read the whole passage and made a mental note of where everything was and went from there.

A bit vague, I know, but I didn't think too much about it

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Congrats and I hope you feel better now. How did you manage that for VR? When I see the long questions I switch off. :/
    You just need to not get too overwhelmed by the amount of data coming at you. For the t/f/ct questions I read the question first and for the other type, I skim-read the whole passage and took note of where everything was and went from there.

Hope that helps you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, finding this thread so helpful for my prep! Was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long each medify mini-mock is so I know if I have time to do them just now or not? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicinehopefulx28)
    Hi guys, finding this thread so helpful for my prep! Was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long each medify mini-mock is so I know if I have time to do them just now or not? Thanks in advance
    Each mini mock is the same amount of time allocated for each section i.e 22 minutes for VR, 14 minutes for AR etc 😊

ReputationRep:

Wow that's surely aa lot for QR!! Did you have any particular technique if I may ask? Also, did you manage to complete all the questions or were they too long?

ReputationRep:

Is QR a lot easier in the real thing compared to medify?? And how hard is AR compared to medify??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayasparkles)
    Each mini mock is the same amount of time allocated for each section i.e 22 minutes for VR, 14 minutes for AR etc 😊
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have good and free UKCAT practice tests? I have already practiced from a book and done the ones on the UKCAT website.

ReputationRep:
    I keep seeing this awful QR question on medify which involves something about May Flower and Little Flower uniforms - please can someone reassure me that nothing like this comes up in the real thing?? :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    For everyone who has done the test, how much do the kaplan mocks and medify mocks represent the actual exam and which ones? I have my exam next sat and I'm soo scared because im getting only in the 500-600's overall in the mocks im doing, so any tips would be helpful? Please reply.
    Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    What do you mean by 'long' for qr, please elaborate, long working out or long paragraphs
    Do we all have the same questions? I thought it's different for everyone bc there's a bank of questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipanda99)
    If you have a high tarriff prediction, go for it! I know people that have gotten in with 620!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my goodness thank you! QM is my dream uni!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.