Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Today would be Queen Victoria's birthday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Today Princess Anne, the Princess Royal rang the bell of HMS Hood for the first time in three quarters of a century, marking 75 years since the Battle of Denmark Straight where 1428 men of the Royal Navy died in the line of duty in the fight to free Europe from oppression, genocide and tyranny, including all but three members of the crew of the Mighty Hood after she was struck in the aft munitions cache and sank in less than three minutes. Their sacrifice was not in vain as the action ultimately led to the sinking of the Bismark but three days later.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just curious but what actually makes the Austrian guy who lost far right.

Bar gun control i've not heard much that's really wrong.

ReputationRep:
    An American college has sunk to a new low in censoring people's views, last minute demands of thousands of $ for security who then chose to let people who threaten violence to stay and stop the event taking place.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    F****** Excellent responses from Osborne during PMQs .... Especially the prawn cocktail and prisoner jab

ReputationRep:
    Good news for NI health staff. Simon Hamilton has been shifted to Economy Minister and Michelle O'Neill (Sinn Fein) is Minister of Health.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    F****** Excellent responses from Osborne during PMQs .... Especially the prawn cocktail and prisoner jab
    So you've given up on cunilingus and gave gone back to rim jobs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Good news for NI health staff. Simon Hamilton has been shifted to Economy Minister and Michelle O'Neill (Sinn Fein) is Minister of Health.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is a Sinn Fein minster in charge of Health in NI ...... In the NHS .... Good god they must be desperate

ReputationRep:
    Interesting picks in the NI Executive; quite glad a unionist now has education! And at least they got the justice palava sorted!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    There is a Sinn Fein minster in charge of Health in NI ...... In the NHS .... Good god they must be desperate
    Good news, Michelle O'Neills decent, I expect her to exert some pressure unlike Hamilton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Interesting picks in the NI Executive; quite glad a unionist now has education! And at least they got the justice palava sorted!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Peter Weir or is he not...a religious nutjob?

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Peter Weir or is he not...a religious nutjob?
    I'm not sure about Mr Weir, but Paul Givan is one of the most religious people I've ever met!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about Mr Weir, but Paul Givan is one of the most religious people I've ever met!
    And the irony over the Ashers scandal, HE GOT COMMUNITIES.

ReputationRep:
    And the irony over the Ashers scandal, HE GOT COMMUNITIES.
    Yes, its interesting. I have no question over his political abilities, they seem sound- but he is very religious, and it seems his politics is directed from religion!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its interesting. I have no question over his political abilities, they seem sound- but he is very religious, and it seems his politics is directed from religion!
    It just seems pretty detached from sensibility with the one member who is already resented by the significant LGBT community is a bit of a slap in the face.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy an Independent gets it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy an Independent gets it!
    I am very pleased that there will be an opposition this go round, should prove interesting!

ReputationRep:
    I am very pleased that there will be an opposition this go round, should prove interesting!
    If it means points will actually be debated, absolutely.

First motion put forward by assembly was to congratulate Rangers. Subtle.

ReputationRep:
    If it means points will actually be debated, absolutely.

First motion put forward by assembly was to congratulate Rangers. Subtle.
    As always!

Put forward by who?

ReputationRep:
    As always!

Put forward by who?
    Peter Weir

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.