Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have an interview day starting in 45 mins. Feel so sick, my stomach knows how play up when I'm anxious!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've now got interviews for all three choices - durham, Newcastle and sunderland!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Kingston? I have one for maths but from the email I gather its a mixed subject interview.
    There doesn't seem to be any mention of a presentation which I've had to do at my other interviews. Does anyone know if I'll be asked to do one on the day?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have been doing the practice literacy and numeracy tests online and i know that on the literacy it says pass or fail but on the maths it just brings up all the questions you got correct or incorrect. how do you know if you pass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiebarnes1991)
    Hi, i have been doing the practice literacy and numeracy tests online and i know that on the literacy it says pass or fail but on the maths it just brings up all the questions you got correct or incorrect. how do you know if you pass?
    You need 63% to pass, so roughly 18/28

ReputationRep:
    I have been rejected from 2 out of my 3 choices for Primary PGCE. Although, my application clearly states that I have the relevant experience of 3 years and running for volunteering in a Primary school. My enthusiasm and passion for the love of teaching is in me and concisely expressed on my personal statement too. However, this doesn't seem to be enough for institutions.

My self-esteem and self-belief that I can become a teacher has dropped six-feet under and now I don't know whether I should continue to pursue a career that is filling my life with rejections.

Is this a sign from somewhere that is saying stop trying to pursue teaching as a career? Although, without a doubt I know I will be able to make learning and education so much fun for young people.

My persistence is running out and I don't know how much defeat I can handle anymore.

Can somebody provide some guidance?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! Hope your interview went well yesterday! not sure what to think of mine - could have gone better but could also have gone a lot worse as well. Preparing for my Leeds one tomorrow. Nerves are kicking back in! x
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by JungleeBilli)
    I have been rejected from 2 out of my 3 choices for Primary PGCE. Although, my application clearly states that I have the relevant experience of 3 years and running for volunteering in a Primary school. My enthusiasm and passion for the love of teaching is in me and concisely expressed on my personal statement too. However, this doesn't seem to be enough for institutions.

My self-esteem and self-belief that I can become a teacher has dropped six-feet under and now I don't know whether I should continue to pursue a career that is filling my life with rejections.

Is this a sign from somewhere that is saying stop trying to pursue teaching as a career? Although, without a doubt I know I will be able to make learning and education so much fun for young people.

My persistence is running out and I don't know how much defeat I can handle anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that. It can be very disheartening to be rejected from courses, but the most important thing to remember is that primary is very competitive, so it doesn't mean you shouldn't be a teacher. Make sure to get feedback from both universities, and if you know teaching is what you want to go into then use your existing experience for your remaining place of Apply 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimgreen)
    Hiya! Hope your interview went well yesterday! not sure what to think of mine - could have gone better but could also have gone a lot worse as well. Preparing for my Leeds one tomorrow. Nerves are kicking back in! x
    I've got one at Leeds tmra. For the presentation, do we like go through our folder? Like should I prepare how to present it or just literally show them what I've done and discuss it? I need to practice some maths and some potential questions they might ask. SO NERVOUS esp cos leeds is my first choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    I'm sorry to hear that. It can be very disheartening to be rejected from courses, but the most important thing to remember is that primary is very competitive, so it doesn't mean you shouldn't be a teacher. Make sure to get feedback from both universities, and if you know teaching is what you want to go into then use your existing experience for your remaining place of Apply 2.
    Thank you. If I am rejected from my third choice, I may be fuming .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    I've got one at Leeds tmra. For the presentation, do we like go through our folder? Like should I prepare how to present it or just literally show them what I've done and discuss it? I need to practice some maths and some potential questions they might ask. SO NERVOUS esp cos leeds is my first choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck tomorrow! I'm so nervous - of all my interviews Leeds is by far the most demanding and difficult. The list of things we have to bring and prepare is ridiculous.. but guess it has to be done I assume we guide them through the tasks and plan we have made, maybe giving reasons why. I'm worried because mine is really quite similar to the example plan they have given i.e. my extra tasks are geography and art so I'm thinking of maybe adding another subject too so it doesn't look like i've just copied the sample. How many extra plans have you done?
    Maths is the test I'm most worried about. I did a few practice tests for the skills test and they went so badly that I've had to postpone it until the 21st Jan. So i'm spending today revising decimals, long multiplication and fractions in case the test is really difficult. How are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck tomorrow! I'm so nervous - of all my interviews Leeds is by far the most demanding and difficult. The list of things we have to bring and prepare is ridiculous.. but guess it has to be done I assume we guide them through the tasks and plan we have made, maybe giving reasons why. I'm worried because mine is really quite similar to the example plan they have given i.e. my extra tasks are geography and art so I'm thinking of maybe adding another subject too so it doesn't look like i've just copied the sample. How many extra plans have you done?
    Maths is the test I'm most worried about. I did a few practice tests for the skills test and they went so badly that I've had to postpone it until the 21st Jan. So i'm spending today revising decimals, long multiplication and fractions in case the test is really difficult. How are you preparing?
    I know I've got other interviews after Leeds and they already seem easier! I used the sample plan, but for like my extra subjects I've only put in the table the links to the curriculum, the task and the resources.. Do we have to make it the same as English and say what the learning intentions are? (I don't know what they would be for art and music cos the curriculum for them is quite vague) I've linked mine to art, music and geography.. My geography idea is kinda of similar to theirs because I've focused on the same link to the curriculum (human and physical features).
    I don't think it will matter because you are using a different book. But, if you have the time and want to link it to another subject then I guess it would look better cos it will show how you can link it to various subjects etc.. But then I do think you will be fine with two subjects..have you just included the plan or put other things in like examples?

Me too, I'm terrified for maths. Same, I've postponed my maths test to end of jan but I've done literacy. It's hard for me cos I have a 5,000 word essay due on Friday morning and I've got like 1000 words left to write (so stupid for leaving it late) so I'm going get that written then do some maths revision.. And might look at preparing answers for PGCE questions. I'm really nervous about reading the book to them as if they are children, it's going to feel so strange lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else out there going for the University of Manchester interview on Friday, so far, it feels like I am the only one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    I know I've got other interviews after Leeds and they already seem easier! I used the sample plan, but for like my extra subjects I've only put in the table the links to the curriculum, the task and the resources.. Do we have to make it the same as English and say what the learning intentions are? (I don't know what they would be for art and music cos the curriculum for them is quite vague) I've linked mine to art, music and geography.. My geography idea is kinda of similar to theirs because I've focused on the same link to the curriculum (human and physical features).
    I don't think it will matter because you are using a different book. But, if you have the time and want to link it to another subject then I guess it would look better cos it will show how you can link it to various subjects etc.. But then I do think you will be fine with two subjects..have you just included the plan or put other things in like examples?

Me too, I'm terrified for maths. Same, I've postponed my maths test to end of jan but I've done literacy. It's hard for me cos I have a 5,000 word essay due on Friday morning and I've got like 1000 words left to write (so stupid for leaving it late) so I'm going get that written then do some maths revision.. And might look at preparing answers for PGCE questions. I'm really nervous about reading the book to them as if they are children, it's going to feel so strange lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh I thought that - it's gonna seem really weird reading to them as if they were a child. I have an interview next week where I have to actually read to a group of 15 y1/2 children and I genuinely think I prefer that! (I hope they're well behaved though - as I'm not overly confident with disciplining them while I'm being observed for the first time!)

I think I will add an extra subject to my plan just to show I have thought of other subjects other than the ones they gave examples for. I've literally just written the plan like the examples, filled it out with a bit more info and curriculum links and then made a couple of resources to go alongside! Just to fill out the A4 display folder more than anything and hope it looks impressive.

I think I'm gonna buy an online package today like numeracy ready and do 2 or 3 hours worth.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I thought that - it's gonna seem really weird reading to them as if they were a child. I have an interview next week where I have to actually read to a group of 15 y1/2 children and I genuinely think I prefer that! (I hope they're well behaved though - as I'm not overly confident with disciplining them while I'm being observed for the first time!)

I think I will add an extra subject to my plan just to show I have thought of other subjects other than the ones they gave examples for. I've literally just written the plan like the examples, filled it out with a bit more info and curriculum links and then made a couple of resources to go alongside! Just to fill out the A4 display folder more than anything and hope it looks impressive.

I think I'm gonna buy an online package today like numeracy ready and do 2 or 3 hours worth.
    Yeah, that would be much better cos then at least you can involve them into the story etc.
    ok, I've done pretty much the same then. Good luck for tomorrow and for the rest of your interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for Nottingham Trent next week! Only Leicester to hear from now...
    I am anxiously awaiting Derby's response post-interview. I hope it comes soon as I just want to know either way (preferably positive lol)!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an interview at Oxford and know how long it lasts? I'm trying to book trains etc.
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Yeah, that would be much better cos then at least you can involve them into the story etc.
    ok, I've done pretty much the same then. Good luck for tomorrow and for the rest of your interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, you too! See you tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,I have an interview for Bradford college PGCE (General) Primary in 2weeks-got my update on track today.So i'm yet to receive a letter through the post for details.I don't suppose u could give me a head start on what the structure was like for the day,time scale,did you have to do a maths,written test etc.Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JungleeBilli)

Hello! Don't feel like that. I know exactly how you feel I was rejected by 2 of mine 2 days after interview and I was gutted. I was dreading going to my final one because I thought I wouldn't get it. Never the less I went - learnt from my other two interviews and put everything and more into getting on. I found out the next day I had got on it and I just completed my skills tests yesterday.

Don't give up!!! You can do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.