Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Kyrgios in the headlines again for the wrong reasons. He is being sanctioned for purposely hitting the ball at an umpire.
    Federer had anger issues early in his career. He went on to win 17 grand slams and become the greatest of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Federer had anger issues early in his career. He went on to win 17 grand slams and become the greatest of all time.
    He's not even the greatest of the big four.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Federer had temper problems but he never did all the **** that this thug Kygrios does in every match.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone see Nadal-Karlovic today? That was one of the most impressive performances from Rafa I've seen all year - go to 4-5 in the first set and watch him rip 3 return winners off the Karlovic serve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwHxECXjBbg

Aside from that there was a lot of vintage Rafa in there, passing shot laser beams the entire match that seem to have been missing recently, Forehand still needs more power, but I have a good feeling for him this tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Federer had temper problems but he never did all the **** that this thug Kygrios does in every match.
    It's true, I know Kygrios is young but I think if you're playing against the more experienced top guys, then you'd learn from their behaviour. I mean Marat Safin isn't around, the top players (apart from Fognini of course) don't really behave that way that Kyrgios does.

To an extent I do think that it's attention seeking of Kygrios, keeping the hype. I used to rate Kygrios above Tomic but now I think Tomic is way more mature and serious - his unorthodox playing style is cool too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go on Andy.

ReputationRep:
    No posts on Nadal raping Wawrinka? Looks like he's coming back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrno1324)
    Probably because it was more the Stanislas Wawrinka of the past than Stan the Man but nonetheless Nadal will take it and it should be good for his confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrno1324)
    Nadal's coming back alright, but Stan was god awful today (and carrying an injury). Plus he only seems to bring his best form for the Slams. If it's a Nadal-Djokovic final, Djokovic should win easily (see the Beijing demolition)

ReputationRep:
    Tsonga edges Nadal despite losing the second set 6-0. He'll trouble Djokovic much more in the final than Nadal would have, that is, if he even gets to the final.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic impressively destroying a listless Murray. He should win this tournament quite easily - might even sweep the rest of the tournaments this year

ReputationRep:
    Wow, only two spots left to qualify for the year-end championships in London. Looks like Nishikori and Ferrer at the moment. Outside the top eight there's:
    Tsonga
    Gasquet
    Anderson
    Inser
    Who do you think will take the last two places?

ReputationRep:
    What a turn up that would be if Anderson made it in there. He's had such a great year and deserves it for really threatening the top guys in some prime time matches.

ReputationRep:
    Ferrer's bounced back very well after his mid-season break, which is good to see. Unless Tsonga does some damage in Paris, I think things will stay as they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Ferrer's bounced back very well after his mid-season break, which is good to see. Unless Tsonga does some damage in Paris, I think things will stay as they are.
    Hi there, What do you think of Noles 2015 season, many consider this better than Feds 2006.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Hi there, What do you think of Noles 2015 season, many consider this better than Feds 2006.
    Easily, fed had no competition, the top players then were nowhere near as good as the top players today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash50)
    Easily, fed had no competition, the top players then were nowhere near as good as the top players today.
    I know I rate Noles 15 the best since Lavers 1969, do you reckon Nole can reach 30 top 10 wins this season?

ReputationRep:
    So a man with no competition is still ranked very highly now despite being years past his prime?

The top players can't be very good now either then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    So a man with no competition is still ranked very highly now despite being years past his prime?

The top players can't be very good now either then...
    Quote for truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A Fed 6 years older and a Nadal who's barely strung a tournament together.

I can see how his 11 is regarded better but the notion that 2015 has been a hard slog against intense competition is somewhat rubbish. Fed did have Nadal in 06.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.