Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    So is it worth it for you? You are a "normal student" after all... Unless you're heavily into editing and graphics?
    It is worth it for me as I'm heavily into editing and graphics, it is a hobby of mine and self learn it.
    Plus I use bootcamp so I can have windows on it too.
    I use the windows side for graphics projects and when needed I transfer the files onto final cut on the mac side.
    So I'm happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    It is worth it for me as I'm heavily into editing and graphics, it is a hobby of mine and self learn it.
    I use the windows side for graphics projects and when needed I transfer the files onto final cut on the mac side.
    So I'm happy with it.
    Sounds interesting mashaAllah. I'm like an old person when it comes to technology lol, I can just about work an ordinary laptop and that's it

ReputationRep:
    So I'm happy with it.
    What do you edit? Is there any examples of your work?

ReputationRep:
    Guysss since y'all are talking hi-tech and all, can y'all help a sister out or nah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Guysss since y'all are talking hi-tech and all, can y'all help a sister out or nah?
    How can we help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    What do you edit? Is there any examples of your work?
    I do edits for islamic vids, lectures and do intros for them.
    Last year I did an amazing (well to me at least ) ramadan intro, but can't find it online.
    I need to have my own youtube channel.

ReputationRep:
    How can we help
    Errr, if ya go back a couple of pages, I asked y'all if you can recommend me a pretty basic laptop for everyday use for about £400.

ReputationRep:
    Errr, if ya go back a couple of pages, I asked y'all if you can recommend me a pretty basic laptop for everyday use for about £400.
    HPs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    I dont see many somali guys at uni tbh lool. I think ive seen like 3/4 since the start of term! There are way more south asians than somalis at our uni
    Come to mine!! there are so manyyy!! Hardly any Somali girls tho.

ReputationRep:
    HPs
    They look decent, but like I said, most of them have hinges with little to no support which means that they are able to snap so quickly especially with a clumsy/ditsy person like me.

ReputationRep:
    If you add 29 to your 400, you'd get this great acer laptop
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computi...36929-pdt.html
    core i5 up to 2.6 ghz and 1tb hard drive for all files, windows 8.1 but you can install windows 7 if you want, 4gig ram and 6 hour battery life.
    I'd recommend that.

ReputationRep:
    2 interviews this week.

One for a summer internship in Risk and the other an AC for ICAP Global Broking.

Need to get up to speed to the forex market conversions.. stress after stress

Good news: I got interviewed and accepted to be on the board of directors for the accounting & finance society
    Showoff:eviltongue:.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see many somali guys at uni tbh lool. I think ive seen like 3/4 since the start of term! There are way more south asians than somalis at our uni
    Lol I'm worse, I've seen just 2 and know one of them. I've seen more Somali girls lol. Yhh the library is always full of south Asians.

ReputationRep:
    Come to mine!! there are so manyyy!! Hardly any Somali girls tho.
    Loool
    How have u been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Ik ben 21 jaar.

I'm quite fond of the main cities Rotterdam and Amsterdam thinking of doing my masters back in the Netherlands after I finish here. I spoke Dutch throughout my stay in Holland and it used to be my first language. I speak very little now as English has kind of taken over. I meant to ask if your family was Dutch since you were born there.

My mum and dad werent born in Holland xD They born and bred in Somali, I was just born there. Like most Somalis.

ReputationRep:
    Any cyclists in this soc in London? The weathers getting colder so would be nice to have a buddy to cycle with to keep motivation up and generally 2 or more is always better than 1.

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahad1912)
    Any cyclists in this soc in London? The weathers getting colder so would be nice to have a buddy to cycle with to keep motivation up and generally 2 or more is always better than 1.

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    awkward moment when I can't ride a bike :K:

ReputationRep:
    awkward moment when I can't ride a bike :K:
    Lol, its never too late to learn 😜
    You can swim though right?

ReputationRep:

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    Last time I cycled was.when I still lived in the netherlands. But apparently you don't ever forget how to cycle so that is always good alhamdullilah

ReputationRep:
    Lol, its never too late to learn 😜
    You can swim though right?
    No so weird huh?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.