Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Just thought I'd throw this stat out there; this season Giroud has scored every 109 minutes, Kane has scored every 106 minutes (helped largely by goals in the Europa League). So why is one considered the brightest hope of English football whilst the other is considered a slightly above average striker?

Sure, kane has scored against big teams this year, but Giroud is starting to do that too (Liverpool, United, City)
    Because one is 21 while the other is 28. I agree in the sense that Giroud should be getting more praise though. He's having a good season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just thought I'd throw this stat out there; this season Giroud has scored every 109 minutes, Kane has scored every 106 minutes (helped largely by goals in the Europa League). So why is one considered the brightest hope of English football whilst the other is considered a slightly above average striker?

Sure, kane has scored against big teams this year, but Giroud is starting to do that too (Liverpool, United, City)
    Because Giroud isn't English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Kane is 21 and Giroud is 28 and the former has potential to improve whereas the latter is at his peak. But I think the criticism on Giroud has been harsh, he has proved his critics wrong and has responded very well especially after the Monaco game.
    Yes one is obviously much younger than the other, but even when Giroud is scoring every game he isn't getting as much credit as he deserves imo

Really hope he shows up and performs against Monaco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Because one is 21 while the other is 28. I agree in the sense that Giroud should be getting more praise though. He's having a good season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's having a very good season, gets an injury that most professionals would take 3 months to recover from and comes back after 2 months (pretty outstanding tbh), and has scored at close to a goal a game in the league since.

ReputationRep:
    He's having a very good season, gets an injury that most professionals would take 3 months to recover from and comes back after 2 months (pretty outstanding tbh), and has scored at close to a goal a game in the league since.
    Yeah and i completely agree. He has a tough mentality to come back from injury and all the criticism of not being an elite striker that is required at Arsenal, he's on fire and is delivering the goods for Arsenal. He could have a big say in the midweek game against Monaco.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Typical *****.
    IKR. Bigging themselves up when they beat us. Turns out Eriksen scoring 87th minute winners against ****e teams can't get you into the Champions League after all.

(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Or Wenger will offer 40 million plus 1 pound :ahee: again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    40M for a poor man's Chamberlain? Nah.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Giroud is the one. Will do even better next season. He will become something great, amen. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is the one. Will do even better next season. He will become something great, amen. :moon:
    Something tells me your not talking about his footballing abilities

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, Wenger still wants to bring in someone who can have the same impact as Vieira or Petit.

He told beIN SPORTS: "I'm happy with the signings but we still need a physical presence with prodigious ability like Vieira or Petit."
    Basically, that ^ .
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Something tells me your not talking about his footballing abilities
    Rk2k14, clever very clever

ReputationRep:
    Rk2k14, clever very clever
    I've been told:cool:.
    Giroud got you girlz on lockdown.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    I've been told:cool:.
    Giroud got you girlz on lockdown.
    Giroud is a very established striker in the premier league and i'm proud to have him at Arsenal. No other reason... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Giroud would get it tbf

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is a very established striker in the premier league and i'm proud to have him at Arsenal. No other reason... :ninja:
    Only logical reason.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Ty has Wenger's fashion sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Giroud would get it tbf
    Uwot
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Bradford v Reading tomorrow I think. Not sure who I would prefer to win to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Uwot
    Don't act like you wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Don't act like you wouldn't
    I'm more of a Ramsey guy personally.

ReputationRep:
    Bradford would be plucky and have the whole underdog story to fuel them. Reading are just unloved by everyone, and they couldn't even beat us from 4-0 up. I would rather Reading.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.