Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello - I think this has been asked before but I'm a little confused : In the exam, for the calculator, does the backspace clear it or the esc button? Or do you have to click the On/C button on the calc? This is for the actual exam ^^^

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marsbar3007)
    hello - I think this has been asked before but I'm a little confused : In the exam, for the calculator, does the backspace clear it or the esc button? Or do you have to click the On/C button on the calc? This is for the actual exam ^^^

Thank you!
    esc on actual exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMarles)
    You just need to not get too overwhelmed by the amount of data coming at you. For the t/f/ct questions I read the question first and for the other type, I skim-read the whole passage and took note of where everything was and went from there.

Hope that helps you.
    Thank you so much, I am going to give this one a try. The long questions put me off lol.

ReputationRep:
    How much of Verbal Reasoning is T/F/CT? 50%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    How much of Verbal Reasoning is T/F/CT? 50%?
    I think mine was about 30-40% t/f/ct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVocalSardine)
    I think mine was about 30-40% t/f/ct
    Damn. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aurora.di.nicola)
    Wow that's surely aa lot for QR!! Did you have any particular technique if I may ask? Also, did you manage to complete all the questions or were they too long?
    I am fairly decent at maths so that might have helped. Tbh, my main tactic was to eyeball a question and if I think it would take more thatn 40 seconds I would skip it. I skipped about 5 questions because they were too long, so I put an educated guess down. I assume my score meant that I got a lot of what I did answer right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth1)
    Is QR a lot easier in the real thing compared to medify?? And how hard is AR compared to medify??
    My experience has been that the medify QR was a bit harder than in the exam itself. A lot less data to analyse.

AR I'm not really sure as I'm pretty crap at it, I just had to guess a lot of it due to time pressure. I didn't notice much difference between medify and the real thing if I'm honest. There were a few mistakes with the medify ones though...

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Thank you so much, I am going to give this one a try. The long questions put me off lol.
    Glad to have helped Good luck but don't beat me ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if 2110 (703 average) would be good enough for the UKCAT heavy universities - i.e. KCL and Newcastle? I remember reading that the KCL cutoff was 735 one year, and it seems that everyone's getting good scores this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammie123)
    Hello, well done to everyone on their results!

I just sat my UKCAT today and got 770 average.
    VR: 610
    QR: 800
    AR: 900
    Band 2

I used UKCAT Ninja, Medify and the Offical UKCAT practice questions and tests.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ypu are like my opposite!!!!!!! I really struggle with QR and AR please helpme? How hard are they compared to medify? How do you know when to guess and go for QR? Tricks to make it shorter? Help finding patterns for AR!!!!! Congrats BTW

ReputationRep:
    is 645 and band 3 in sjt any good??? VR is my enemy.
    I got 3A and B in AS
    GCSE 8A* 3A 2B
    I want to go to Barts to study medicine. Do I stand a chance????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvk19.)
    Hi everyone,
    For everyone who has done the test, how much do the kaplan mocks and medify mocks represent the actual exam and which ones? I have my exam next sat and I'm soo scared because im getting only in the 500-600's overall in the mocks im doing, so any tips would be helpful? Please reply.
    Thanks xx
    Hi,

I only did the medify mocks and I can say, for me at least, that they were a bit harder than the actual exam. I didn't break 700 on the mocks, but got 740 in the actual exam despite having a cold and getting harder VR questions than I was used to.

I would say something important is not to stress out too much Easier said than done, I know, but it is important for the actual test. Not being stressed lets you focus more and get into the UKCAT rhythm during the exam.

For VR, definitely learn to skim-read the passages if you haven't already and for t/f/ct questions I found it really helpful to read the question first. However, for the other type of multiple choice, I read the whole passage and made note of where each of the key points was. For QR, skip anything you think will take longer than 40 seconds, this will help you answer every question within the time limit (even if it is a guess) and give you more time for the easy-peasy questions. AR I'm trash at, so don't ask me. SJ is the same as AR aha.

Hope that helps you! And stay chilled out

ReputationRep:
    i hope the cut-off scores are like 610 (((((((((

ReputationRep:
    will unis look at their applicants average and then create a cut-off. since they publish it in november after the application has been sent

ReputationRep:
    Will getting BAND 3 in SJT be a disadvantage?? hope not

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    wish if there was some kind of second chance thing for the ukcat in the same year. I know next year, gap year students have to retake it.

ReputationRep:
    A level predictions r important too. as long as you balance it up. if ur ukcat score is average, try to boost ur predictions, work experience etc. DON'T give up.
    those who get into interviews shouldn't think that they are guaranteed a place, mate they ASK some tricky questions. NO mmmmm or ahhhhh during interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    Will getting BAND 3 in SJT be a disadvantage?? hope not
    Depends on where you apply, look at the uni selection processes. It should be mentioned in there, a lot of unis use it during the interview stage of selection.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.