Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    How long do you hear back after Barclays video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarmangue)
    Has anyone heard from M&G after the video interview?
    I haven't. Make sure you post when you do so I know!

ReputationRep:
    I had my MS first round interview yesterday afternoon, I applied for London but got called by Madrid, I guess because I am a Spanish speaker. HR asked me today where am I based at the moment, and they later told me they will let me know the outcome early next week. I guess this is an OK sign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    I had my MS first round interview yesterday afternoon, I applied for London but got called by Madrid, I guess because I am a Spanish speaker. HR asked me today where am I based at the moment, and they later told me they will let me know the outcome early next week. I guess this is an OK sign?
    This is a horrible sign!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBankinator)
    This is a horrible sign!!
    :fatcontroller::noonoo:

ReputationRep:
    barc has started giving out ibd offers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else that applied to CS get asked to apply for their virtual events by someone?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of student conferences? Most look bad but UCL's has head of Lev Fin at GS and head of tech IBD at JP speaking.. only thing is that it's a bit pricey

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have been told by CS that I had a duplicate account, when I do not. So I replied them to clarify.
    It has been a couple of weeks and I have heard nothing back, what do you guys recommend?

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard back from blackrock yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    What do you guys think of student conferences? Most look bad but UCL's has head of Lev Fin at GS and head of tech IBD at JP speaking.. only thing is that it's a bit pricey

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went to the UCL one when I was still in sixth form haha, it can drag a bit and feel quite long but they do definitely get in very senior speakers. When I went they had the Group CFO of Credit Suisse there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AenigmaFx)
    Did anyone else that applied to CS get asked to apply for their virtual events by someone?
    Yeah me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarmangue)
    Has anyone heard from M&G after the video interview?
    Nothing yet. Submitted about 2 weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone who has done the RBC first round interview please PM with some help, would really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miyavvii)
    I have been told by CS that I had a duplicate account, when I do not. So I replied them to clarify.
    It has been a couple of weeks and I have heard nothing back, what do you guys recommend?
    I had the same problem. I waited 4 weeks for the problem to solve itself but nothing happened. So I lost all hope and complained vehemently about the process in the feedback section, which you can open in the application portal to evaluate the application process.

Surprising outcome: on the next day, they sent me the invite to the tests and last week I got invited to first round interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I am slightly confused as to why the initial stage of the Barclays application process does not ask for a CV or CL, or any competency style questions at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volatilityskew2)
    anyone heard back from blackrock yet?
    Still waiting as well.

Which division did you apply ?

ReputationRep:
    JPM Market Summer AC invite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winchester21)
    I had the same problem. I waited 4 weeks for the problem to solve itself but nothing happened. So I lost all hope and complained vehemently about the process in the feedback section, which you can open in the application portal to evaluate the application process.

Surprising outcome: on the next day, they sent me the invite to the tests and last week I got invited to first round interviews.
    that's great news dude, hope everything goes smoothly

i have actually done the tests, prior to the duplicate account issue. would you suggest that i go a feedback instead of waiting? it has been weeks. cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai)
    I am slightly confused as to why the initial stage of the Barclays application process does not ask for a CV or CL, or any competency style questions at all?
    They do blind recruitment. Your ability is based solely on the tests that follow. They ask for all this **** much later in the process.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.