Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I remember you from 2 years ago :hide: how are you getting on?
    I'm good thanks - 2 years down and 2 to go - can't believe how fast it goes lol. How are things with you? Good I hope. Can't seem to stop reliving results day threads though lol

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be number 3. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Biochem (at Manchester)

ABB hehe

Did you get MAP bursary too?

Yeah, I didn't even think 'it's okay, I have my insurance' once when I was working for my exams, I just thought, 'I need to get in my firm, I need to get in my firm, even if it drives me crazy'

---------------------
    Firm: A*A*A
    Insurance: ABB

I used UofM as my insurance too so didn't go there - not sure I would have gotten the bursary though - don't qualify for any at my uni as I don't pay tuition fees (NHS funded course) so that disqualifies me boohoo

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    Lol my insrance was A*A*AA how dumb am I.
    Why did i just pick warwick where my offer was pretty much unconditional.
    Now im gna end up in clearing end up going to some next ******** uni doing like ****ing physics **** sake

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know you've heard this time and time again, but don't worry, you will be okay.

Have you tried to call up Warwick, just in case?

(Original post by AmyPilot)
    I used UofM as my insurance too so didn't go there - not sure I would have gotten the bursary though - don't qualify for any at my uni as I don't pay tuition fees (NHS funded course) so that disqualifies me boohoo
    My sis does Nursing at UoM and she gets MAP bursary alongside the NHS one so you would've

Where do you go to? I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten

ReputationRep:
    My sis does Nursing at UoM and she gets MAP bursary alongside the NHS one so you would've

Where do you go to? I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten
    Down the road at MMU - sad I missed out on the MAP bursary but MMU were the only uni to offer the joint honours course I do and this way I qualify as a speech therapist and get an accredited psychology degree too (just in case I want to change direction later on and do further postgrad studies). At least my debts after 4 years at uni will only be about £10K - thank you NHS. Good luck for Thursday but sure all will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Biochem (at Manchester)

ABB hehe

Did you get MAP bursary too?

Yeah, I didn't even think 'it's okay, I have my insurance' once when I was working for my exams, I just thought, 'I need to get in my firm, I need to get in my firm, even if it drives me crazy'

---------------------
    Firm: A*A*A
    Insurance: ABB

Well, you're halfway there with the crazy bit (just kidding, of course, though fair enough, you're no doubt under an increasing amount of stress the closer it gets)

(Original post by naz.97)

I hope so! My requirements are AAA, and I reckon I got A*AB , unless I managed to scrape an A in Geography
    Best of luck, hopefully they accept you in either case.

(Original post by AmyPilot)
    I'm good thanks - 2 years down and 2 to go - can't believe how fast it goes lol. How are things with you? Good I hope. Can't seem to stop reliving results day threads though lol
    I'm also halfway through crazy how time flies indeed. :woo: (pardon the pun ) yeah, it's just not the same with uni results days anymore

ReputationRep:
    What is the time for AS edexcel result on 18th aug?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Well, you're halfway there with the crazy bit (just kidding, of course, though fair enough, you're no doubt under an increasing amount of stress the closer it gets)

Best of luck, hopefully they accept you in either case.

I'm also halfway through crazy how time flies indeed. :woo: (pardon the pun ) yeah, it's just not the same with uni results days anymore
    Pun forgiven! You're right - the excitement for results day isn't as great but the relief when you passed sure is lol! Good luck with the next 2 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AqsaMx)
    Does anyone know how long it takes for Universities to release you into clearing if you reject them? And could I call like now to tell them I no longer wish to be on the course?
    On average it takes 48 hours from first contact. For some people where they can't get through to their university on results day (all the phones went down at Bristol last year and the lines everywhere are busy) or where their university isn't very cooperative it has taken up to a fortnight to arrange.

Call them tomorrow first thing but be prepared for an unhelpful response - they're extremely busy right now.
    (Original post by naz.97)
    My course is no longer in clearing at my firm uni
    And now my backup course has also been removed..
    On top of that, I don't have an insurance because I got my offer through ucas extra
    Really don't know what to do for my Plan B
    Clearing lists over the weekend are unreliable while universities process results. Check again on Monday evening/Tuesday morning. The courses listed then are what will be printed in the telegraph so universities try to get the listings right by then.

ReputationRep:
    I am a bit confused about clearing process. Am I meant to sign up for clearing prior to results day in anticipation of not getting the grades I need, or do I only sign up on the day after getting results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some moments I'm confident thinking "A*A*B yeah I should be able to get that" but then others it's "my offer is BBB what if I don't make it?" D:
    Such a mixture of emotions because of how close it is.. I'm really hoping I can scrape a B in AQA history because HIS3M was not my friend good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Lol my insrance was A*A*AA how dumb am I.
    Why did i just pick warwick where my offer was pretty much unconditional.
    Now im gna end up in clearing end up going to some next ******** uni doing like ****ing physics **** sake

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what did warwick want? only one A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AqsaMx)
    It could take a few weeks for them to release me into clearing? What? That doesn't even make sense. Would anyone recommend me ringing my Uni tomorrow and asking me to be rejected now as I definitely do not want to go there.
    People on TSR havé said that but others have said that they'll do it on the day. I'm also gonna be ringing up tomorrow to ask to be rejected so interesting to see what they say .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoli1998)
    I am a bit confused about clearing process. Am I meant to sign up for clearing prior to results day in anticipation of not getting the grades I need, or do I only sign up on the day after getting results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't need to do anything. If your firm and insurance reject you then your clearing details will show on track.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else slightly scared about the competition even in clearing lol (in the worst case scenario)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom <3)
    What is the time for AS edexcel result on 18th aug?
    The time of results day differs depending on your exam centre. Some are stupidly early in the morning (not like anyone would be sleeping the night before anyway) whilst some are at 9am. I think mines at 8:30am

ReputationRep:
    Clearing lists over the weekend are unreliable while universities process results. Check again on Monday evening/Tuesday morning. The courses listed then are what will be printed in the telegraph so universities try to get the listings right by then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    The time of results day differs depending on your exam centre. Some are stupidly early in the morning (not like anyone would be sleeping the night before anyway) whilst some are at 9am. I think mines at 8:30am
    So there is no official time?
    What is it in london?
    My centre didn't said anything about result -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    what did warwick want? only one A?
    A*AA in which case my modules can be easily rearranged to that even if i got U's in 4 exams. Since i already had grade 1's in I n II last year n aea.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.