Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why is Pogba still playing as a no10?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I've never liked Smalling. Maybe it's his voice. There I said it.

I think its time to cut our losses with Pogba, and sell him in January to whichever Prem club will take him and hope we can recoup circa £25m. Thoughts
    Now that I think of it his voice is actually a bit funny, going from warriors like Rio and Vidic to someone with that voice is funny

Hope you're joking about Pogba, he's 23 and will come good. Comparing him to older and more established footballers like Iniesta, Kroos, Modric and Fabregas was always setting him up to fail. De Gea was the most expensive GK in the world when we bought him (in the PL) and he had a worse start than Pogba but now we are reaping the rewards of sticking by him. As per Google Modric came to the Prem at 23 and got 13 goals in 123 games. I think its a case of seeing natural talent in someone and sticking by the player.

ReputationRep:
    Pogba & Ibra nominated for Ballon d'or from United

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Pogba nominated for Salon d'or.
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Home games

De Gea
    Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Shaw
    Carrick, Pogba
    Lingard, Mata/Mkhi, Martial
    Ibra

Away games

De Gea
    Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Shaw
    Herrera, Carrick, Pogba
    Mkhi, Ibra, Martial

Carrick sitting to let the fullbacks get forward. Wouldn't be opposed to Schneiderlin or even Fosu-Mensah, just someone with some defensive insticts in midfield.

If we're playing Ibra we need crosses, we don't have the wingers to do it, so we need service from the fullbacks. And if we're playing a no.10 with Ibra then both of our wingers need to be running behind all game.

Rashford and Fellaini as the double supersub when it all goes tits up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
    Hope you're joking about Pogba, he's 23 and will come good. Comparing him to older and more established footballers like Iniesta, Kroos, Modric and Fabregas was always setting him up to fail.
    Fabregas was one of the best midfielders in the world at age 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Pogba & Ibra nominated for Ballon d'or from United
    If we nominate Milner, they've got no chance tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Maybe. Maybe doesn't have enough pace to play on the wing in the PL though. But Pogba needs to go. He's like Fabregas, he may look good at times, but he's not good enough to start in a consistent title winning side. He could hide at Juve as they played a 352 and all he had to do was pass run around a bit and pass it to Pirlo.
    Did you not see him against Hull tearing players apart? He's not slow.

I don't like the fact Mourinho is not giving him a chance he should have at least been on the bench for Fenarbache. Pogba is such a waste of space, he does nothing.

ReputationRep:
    We can't afford dropped points in a league fixture list which we will need maximum points. In his first season, Van Gaal found his tactical formula in April '15 that nudged the club into the top four. With the games coming up, it's the perfect time to rebuild form and confidence but more importantly for Mourinho to show he's not what everyone is saying he is, a man past his time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas was one of the best midfielders in the world at age 20.
    Point conceded regarding Fabregas Should've thought that one through. But the point still stands for the other names mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    Point conceded regarding Fabregas Should've thought that one through. But the point still stands for the other names mentioned.
    We can discuss this over a Nandos. I got unlimited data with EE so I can show you a fire HD brows tutorial on youtube too xxx.

ReputationRep:
    Ffs swirly.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you order halloumi to show her just how well cultured you are swirly.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    We can discuss this over a Nandos. I got unlimited data with EE so I can show you a fire HD brows tutorial on youtube too xxx.
    You're learning well from me son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Make sure you order halloumi to show her just how well cultured you are swirly.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...i#post65218247

:rofl:

I knew that rang a bell :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Ffs swirly.
    Still less cringy than Lucio :lol:

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

Will rep when it lets me, love this thread

ReputationRep:
    Still less cringy than Lucio :lol:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477348833.940360.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  14.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Its amazing how many fans have turned against Smalling after a bad performance. He was immense last season and deserves to start especially as now Bailey is out.
    When United were sitting deep as a defensive unit, with two holding midfielders in front of them Smalling looked good, which was until December-ish. He knocked them out of Europe in a single handed job against Wolfsburg.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.