The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4460
Original post by Abiraleft
It wasn't intentional, and we ought to move past it. It was a horrible challenge, it should be stamped out of the game, but I don't feel targeting an individual player is the right way to go about it.

What I did find interesting about that article is at the end, Wenger says he hopes Arshavin will get a few goals in RVP's absence, rather than Chamakh or Bendtner. Could this mean that he is indeed planning to play Andrei as a striker?

I would prefer this, I think arshavin is a really good player, and even if he is lazy, his assits are vital and I like how he just moves forward most of the time and is direct more so than other players, who are somtimes too content with passing it from side to side.

GO ARSHAVIN! :biggrin:
Reply 4461
Wrt Ramsey, it says here that Wenger plans to use him in the home game against Leyton Orient. :party:
I'm sure Wenger was just talking generally about Arshavin -- Bendtner or Chamakh will surely start. The Shawcross story is making a meal out of nothing; redaction want publicity and the press are bored. Nearly all sets of fans have players they target for various reasons -- as long as we're not chucking coins or crossing boundaries of racism, homophobia etc. we're alright. I doubt the 'reception' will be as bad as they're making out. A lot of fans, including myself, don't care enough about it any more.

In the Cardiff game yesterday, by all accounts, JET impressed and, as JK said, Ramsey signed off with a goal and was waving his goodbyes as that will be his last home game. I think he'll be involved in the Hull game on the weekend and that'll be that.

I think we'll get a close, frustrating game tonight and I don't know whether we'll scrape through for 3 points. Think my prediction run might come to an end but I can't call anything less than a win against Pulis so lets try 2-1 and Fabregas to get his first league goals of the year.
Wrt Ramsey, it says here that Wenger plans to use him in the home game against Leyton Orient. :party:

Would be a perfect game for him to come back into tbh. I've forgotten how good he was :frown:

It wasn't intentional, and we ought to move past it. It was a horrible challenge, it should be stamped out of the game, but I don't feel targeting an individual player is the right way to go about it.

It was the reaction of Pulis/ Stoke fans which really annoyed most of us I think.

Oh and prediction 2-0 Chamakh and Arshavin to score.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4466
Original post by n1r4v
Facial expression :awesome:

:rofl2:
I'm glad as hell this is a home game though. Stoke at home is a completelt different proposition to Stoke away. Its like they're incompetent away from home.

Going to be a close one though. I can see Chamakh starting over Bentdner as Bendy has proven that he can make a impact from the subs bench, which Chamakh has yet to prove.

I hope Chamackh does find some form though. Could see Walcott also getting dropped in favour Arshavin as well. Team selection tonight is going to be interesting.
:toofunny:
Reply 4470
The more I watch your sig, the more I laugh at Pat Rice. :lol:
Why do I get the feeling the players weren't totally focused on the game?

Spoiler

Original post by Overmars

Spoiler

Fine piece of .... grASS
(edited 13 years ago)
Fan's POV of arshavin's goal...look how quiet it gets for nasri's pass ...damn its intense :coma:
Reply 4474

Spoiler

Why do we not have cheerleaders like that? :eek3: Gief.
Reply 4475
JK.
OP
Original post by R-KAM
Why do we not have cheerleaders like that? :eek3: Gief.

Wenger prefers ball boys. :sad:
The cover of a pro-Barcelona newspaper.

''Barça's public enemy number 1''.

''It’s the third pearl he takes from Barça.''

Apparrently, this is because of the signing of Jon Miquel Toral.
@ R-KAM: We don't need them. We have Pat Rice.

Spoiler

Clichy looks so fly like that :biggrin:
Original post by sandeep90
The cover of a pro-Barcelona newspaper.

''Barça's public enemy number 1''.

''It’s the third pearl he takes from Barça.''

Apparrently, this is because of the signing of Jon Miquel Toral.

You mean that half-Spanish, half-English kid? :facepalm2:

Latest