Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    So how do I do it?
    It has loads - like thousands of different symbols, so you would have to memorise them all in order to form words

USING THE TSR APP
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Wouldn't talk about edexcel exams if I were you

:getmecoat:
    You can discuss Edexcel exams until after at least 12 hours have passed since the exam was sat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    It has loads - like thousands of different symbols, so you would have to memorise them all in order to form words

USING THE TSR APP
    I'm confused...

ReputationRep:
    Burger for dinner :perfect:

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    I'm hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Haha... Sometimes you just gotta let it out and when people are complete idiots I unleash the jina within! Lol I apologise afterwards. Haha the chasey person job is hard... Usually we all end up crying... Only girls schools are hard work. Loool

Hahahahaha! We used to make chicken pies, fruit pies, cakes, pizzas and anything when the teacher was feeling good. We'd burn things most of the time.

Haha Wooh! Give me a demo! You're a cool year 10! Lol
    Haha Aurorororora really?! Ahh... I'll have to see him in action one day.

Lol if we have a worm at school... Ah, everyone goes mad. One brave girl picks it up and chases the rest of the school with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The amount of times I've had to restrain myself from saying something horrible! Honestly, a teacher asked which political party Keir Hardie was from (she had a piece of paper in front of her saying "Keir Hardie, Labour MP" and what did she say? "The House of Commons." That's all I need to say.

Boys just seem to punch each other and get over it, whereas girls have to go through an extremely long, drawn out process! At least you don't have the boys, especially with relationship 'trouble' when the person's sitting opposite you.

That sounds so much more fun! Although, at one point, there was a food fight with cream being thrown across the room throughout the lesson! It didn't help that we only had about ten people in the class, and the majority were chavs.

I can't do a demo without any inspiration, I'd need to know how long you'd been dating, why you broke up etc. Someone broke up with someone through me, and I had to tell the person face to face. That was awkward.

There was once a huge spider under some boy's bag, I told him, and he didn't believe me. A minute later he shouted that there was a huge spider on his leg. The class went mad!

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused...
    Mandarin has a variety of symbols, rather than a alphabet.
    So if you wanted to learn it, you would learn all the symbols and use them to link words together.
    However, it has lots of symbols - thousands.

I obviously am not fluent, thus I've learnt how to write a variety of words rather than simply using the symbols - find it much easier

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    I'm hurt
    Why? Or is this another joke? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Why? Or is this another joke? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look next to my posts :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    Mandarin has a variety of symbols, rather than a alphabet.
    So if you wanted to learn it, you would learn all the symbols and use them to link words together.
    However, it has lots of symbols - thousands.

I obviously am not fluent, thus I've learnt how to write a variety of words rather than simply using the symbols - find it much easier

USING THE TSR APP
    I give up

ReputationRep:
    I give up
    It is a difficult language but once you get the basics you'll be amazing

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    The amount of times I've had to restrain myself from saying something horrible! Honestly, a teacher asked which political party Keir Hardie was from (she had a piece of paper in front of her saying "Keir Hardie, Labour MP" and what did she say? "The House of Commons." That's all I need to say.

Boys just seem to punch each other and get over it, whereas girls have to go through an extremely long, drawn out process! At least you don't have the boys, especially with relationship 'trouble' when the person's sitting opposite you.

That sounds so much more fun! Although, at one point, there was a food fight with cream being thrown across the room throughout the lesson! It didn't help that we only had about ten people in the class, and the majority were chavs.

I can't do a demo without any inspiration, I'd need to know how long you'd been dating, why you broke up etc. Someone broke up with someone through me, and I had to tell the person face to face. That was awkward.

There was once a huge spider under some boy's bag, I told him, and he didn't believe me. A minute later he shouted that there was a huge spider on his leg. The class went mad!
    Haha my god. Major face-palm moment! To be honest because my school is streamed I don't get to hear many face palm moments but on Monday I went to the maths C grade class and it was sooo funny!

Haha don't i know the drawn out process well! Lol Boys seem like a rare species to me, so foreign haha.... I'd love to see one of these much talked about fights! Wooah drama on the tables! Lol we do get our fair share of drama however, namely today, a friend stole another's ex.... -_-

Haha ohhh man! It seems everyone has food fights! Our class of girls would go mad! Anyone would take anyones pies and put them in the oven then someones would burn and it'd be chaos.

Looooool.... That's nice of the someone! Lol ok.... Hypothetical situation:
    - couple been dating for 2 years. Girl wants to break up because she's found someone better plus the guys a douche... But your friend too. Break it up!

Lolololol! We have crows around one little insect and god forbid there's a bee in class. Today at lunch my friends and I went around describing bees to teachers and trying to get them to tell us what it was. Hilarrrr!
    We have a plan to make up a creature that has "one pink eye, one green eye, is longer than our arms and leaves juice behind" to the science teachers and get them to help us guess what it is. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is a difficult language but once you get the basics you'll be amazing

USING THE TSR APP
    Haha. I'll google it all later..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Haha my god. Major face-palm moment! To be honest because my school is streamed I don't get to hear many face palm moments but on Monday I went to the maths C grade class and it was sooo funny!

Haha don't i know the drawn out process well! Lol Boys seem like a rare species to me, so foreign haha.... I'd love to see one of these much talked about fights! Wooah drama on the tables! Lol we do get our fair share of drama however, namely today, a friend stole another's ex.... -_-

Haha ohhh man! It seems everyone has food fights! Our class of girls would go mad! Anyone would take anyones pies and put them in the oven then someones would burn and it'd be chaos.

Looooool.... That's nice of the someone! Lol ok.... Hypothetical situation:
    - couple been dating for 2 years. Girl wants to break up because she's found someone better plus the guys a douche... But your friend too. Break it up!

Lolololol! We have crows around one little insect and god forbid there's a bee in class. Today at lunch my friends and I went around describing bees to teachers and trying to get them to tell us what it was. Hilarrrr!
    We have a plan to make up a creature that has "one pink eye, one green eye, is longer than our arms and leaves juice behind" to the science teachers and get them to help us guess what it is. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She didn't realise where she went wrong as well! That is so lucky, I have to be in the same group as people aiming to get Es. My (top set) maths group is funny - "Easter isn't for money, it's for chocolate!"

Your divisive school is inhibiting your social development! :eek: You don't have fights!? There was one today actually, we often have them between girls. That's bad! I think one of the best (worst) dramas I was involved in was when a girl I knew said that she had slept with a year eleven in a bush in a park, and he denied it. This thing went on for weeks, as people wouldn't talk to the girl, there were numerous arguments, speculations, questions about specifics etc. She wasn't the most attractive plant in the pot, to say the least.

It was really fun! But at one point, the main person got expelled after many many many many many incidents. The school was so much quieter. One girl actually suggested that everyone should protest against it, and no one should do their work until the girl got back into the school. Wouldn't have been much different to usual.

Erm... it would also depend on how it needs to be done, like nice or OMFG YOU ****, I HATE YOU. But maybe something like: Ok, this isn't going to be easy for you to hear, but just listen. It's about *soon to be ex*. She's decided that she can't do this any more, I think you both know it's not been working out. She's just found someone else, it's not you, it's her, she just thinks you want different things (that bit I had to put, it's just too clicheed [with an accent] to leave out!) Is that good enough? If it was by text or facebook or something, I'd be much harsher, and it helps if I don't like the person.

I'd be part of the crowd! In primary school, a bee flew into class, everyone (and I mean everyone) ran to the side of the classroom literally pressed up against the wall, while I was just sitting there, not moving. They were continually shouting at me to run away, then the bee left and I was a hero!

:lol:I'd like to know their guesses!

ReputationRep:
    Down with western civilization... I'll probably be killed for this but its worth it

ReputationRep:
    Down with western civilization... I'll probably be killed for this but its worth it
    ? Oh well, I'll join the revolution!

(what are we rebelling against? other than western civilization!)

ReputationRep:
    ? Oh well, I'll join the revolution!

(what are we rebelling against? other than western civilization!)
    Governments trying to control us.I'm saying it now, In the future it will be like 1984

ReputationRep:
    She didn't realise where she went wrong as well! That is so lucky, I have to be in the same group as people aiming to get Es. My (top set) maths group is funny - "Easter isn't for money, it's for chocolate!"

Your divisive school is inhibiting your social development! :eek: You don't have fights!? There was one today actually, we often have them between girls. That's bad! I think one of the best (worst) dramas I was involved in was when a girl I knew said that she had slept with a year eleven in a bush in a park, and he denied it. This thing went on for weeks, as people wouldn't talk to the girl, there were numerous arguments, speculations, questions about specifics etc. She wasn't the most attractive plant in the pot, to say the least.

It was really fun! But at one point, the main person got expelled after many many many many many incidents. The school was so much quieter. One girl actually suggested that everyone should protest against it, and no one should do their work until the girl got back into the school. Wouldn't have been much different to usual.

Erm... it would also depend on how it needs to be done, like nice or OMFG YOU ****, I HATE YOU. But maybe something like: Ok, this isn't going to be easy for you to hear, but just listen. It's about *soon to be ex*. She's decided that she can't do this any more, I think you both know it's not been working out. She's just found someone else, it's not you, it's her, she just thinks you want different things (that bit I had to put, it's just too clicheed [with an accent] to leave out!) Is that good enough? If it was by text or facebook or something, I'd be much harsher, and it helps if I don't like the person.

I'd be part of the crowd! In primary school, a bee flew into class, everyone (and I mean everyone) ran to the side of the classroom literally pressed up against the wall, while I was just sitting there, not moving. They were continually shouting at me to run away, then the bee left and I was a hero!

:lol:I'd like to know their guesses!
    Awwe... Some people need blessing. Though others just do it for pure attention. -_- I found out teachers are nicer to their lower set students, the same teachers I had before actually have personalities with their new classes. why?!

Haha indeed! I am the least of their worries however, my friend runs away from boys. She's THAT scared of them. Haha I'm a pretty social person (in real life) and get along with anyone... I think i'll survive. hahaha woww... I don't know who to feel sorry for?! At my school theres always pregnancy rumours, everyones pregnant at one point lol

Blaaah... I love it when naughty people get punished. Haha justice needs to be served! The girls at my school LOVE to pick fights, the day before half term these girls were acting up so much because i told them to be quiet during my assessment. They came to the lunch hall trying to intimidate me and they looked so pathetic...i was like... If only i didnt have exams. When i saw the girls alone, they couldn't even look at me. Frustrates me that these girls feel the need to impress their friends in order to have confidence.

Lolololoool! I was reading that and thinking "woaah... Cliché!" ... Thank god it was deliberate. You'd be the perfect match-breaker! Haha a real situation would defo be more entertaining!

Haha we must live for these heroic moments! Congrats!

Loool, i shall indulge you tomorrow with their responses. We also found this disgusting hair bubble on the floor, picked it up and took it to the leisure/maintenance reception and we told them to put it in the lost and found, the guy was laughing so much. Last time we took a broom to them and made up a story about my friend tripping over it and it was hilarious. She was acting and making it so dramatic. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like Twitter now :smug:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Why so?

Oh, and I've ended today on $125,780.25. Essentially placed it all on one stock and luckily it went up. The gains aren't spectacular but at least I recovered from losing $7000 at the start.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.