Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBlessing)
    JUST GOT AN OFFER FOR GOVERNMENT AND HISTORY

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are your grades like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People who have just received offers are you at the end of your time period?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    guys look on twitter "lse offer", there seems to be quite a few people that have just got offers
    would you mind linking us to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    I bet £50 that some will get offers/rejections in 45 minutes.
    You called right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBlessing)
    JUST GOT AN OFFER FOR GOVERNMENT AND HISTORY

Posted from TSR Mobile
    is your name mrs t.a on twitter by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DXG)
    Today is the last day of my 4 weeks + 2 weeks Christmas period.
    Got an offer for BSc Economics. A*AAE (A* in Maths, E in Further Maths)
    Email received at 16:29.

Congratulations!! Which day exactly did you apply and what are your grades like, plzzz?

ReputationRep:
    armin seems to know quite a bit about LSE haha

Just got the 4 week email for BSc Economics. Was the last day of my 7 week + 2 week email. Applied on the 14th November.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Management.

So damn happy! Especially since I was rejected once last year near the deadline itself (I was applying for deferred entry for 2014).

I was expecting an update by next week, since this is the 8th week of my 7th + 2 Xmas weeks timeline.

ReputationRep:
    Are people getting offers after the 7 week email? What happened to the strongest in your cohort email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisjokes)
    I'm fairly certain they give out quite a few more offers than they have places for precisely this reason. They said this at the open day, and emphasised that everybody who was good enough for an offer would get one.
    I doubt it, as the very feedback they give to most failed applicants are 'your application was strong, but not as strong compared to some others. Admissions have a hard time deciding who to choose due to high competition ....etc' (which means the process is somewhat comparative, not absolute). Well it is more than possible that this is just a polite way of saying 'we don't want you' though..

ReputationRep:
    what percentage of people get rejected after the 4 week email, does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SUNNYOX)
    Congratulations!! Which day exactly did you apply and what are your grades like, plzzz?
    I applied on the 14th October

GCSE: 7a* 3a
    AS: aaaa
    A2 prediction: A*A*A*A*

Hope your application is successful too

ReputationRep:
    "I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle."for sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DXG)
    I applied on the 14th October

GCSE: 7a* 3a
    AS: aaaa
    A2 prediction: A*A*A*A*

Hope your application is successful too

Thank you ! I applied Oct 10th...
    Today is also the last day of my 4+2 Christmas weeks...
    I wonder are they still giving offers at this time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yogurtpot)
    "I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle."for sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    is that 4 weeks wait?

ReputationRep:
    Lse can suck ****

ReputationRep:
    Just had an 'among the strongest' email for History, and now another four weeks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    is that 4 weeks wait?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yogurtpot)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd just like to add to this that it's a week after my seven week email plus the two weeks they added for christmas

ReputationRep:
    I received the 4 weeks mail today.

I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.
    My 7 weeks would end in 2 more weeks, does that mean that everything cancels out and I have to wait 4 more weeks?

By the way, congratulations to everybody who got an offer. I see nobody got rejected which is good to hear.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.