Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    I think most people would have Jovetic over Higuain. At least I would. Not complaining though, we know exactly what we will get with Higuain- 20 goals and maybe a few assists. Not bad at all!
    I would prefer Jovetic. TBH I'm worried that Higuain won't perform in the big games which is what we need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I would prefer Jovetic. TBH I'm worried that Higuain won't perform in the big games which is what we need.
    Well we will certainly have more options on the bench which we didn't have last season. If Higuain is playing we may have Giroud on the bench who could change the game if needed. Podolski could play in that position as well. Our squad wasn't too bad last season but we couldnt call on Gervinho to change the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Well we will certainly have more options on the bench which we didn't have last season. If Higuain is playing we may have Giroud on the bench who could change the game if needed. Podolski could play in that position as well. Our squad wasn't too bad last season but we couldnt call on Gervinho to change the game
    In my eyes Gervinho is the only one who can actually come up with that special something

ReputationRep:
    Met Fellaini out clubbing last night, Arteta also there, asked him if he's coming Arsenal. His words 'I hope so!'
    Paraphrased quote from: https://twitter.com/ninaafc

Pics are there, but obviously her being an Arsenal fan, she could just be drumming up bull to get people excited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)

Pics are there, but obviously her being an Arsenal fan, she could just be drumming up bull to get people excited.
    That woman is an absolute mare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)

her reliability probs isnt helped by the fact she was probably 5 baccardis deep into a session.

Really like Fellaini as a player but not so sure how he would fit into our system. Worth 22m or whatever his buy out is though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    How is Jovetic a big game player then? He hasnt even played in the CL, has never done anything of note an international level and last season managed to score only against Napoli from the big Italian teams. Jovetic is nowhere near being a prolific goal scorer with just 13 last season anyway. And before people start dropping the 'Bergkamp role' BS, he also managed a grand total of 5 assists.

Meanwhile Higuain has 100 La Liga goals in 5 years even after being benched for large periods of time, has a good international record and his stats show an absolutely lethal finishing ability. And he's still only 25, giving him loads of time to improve under Wenger.

What we need is a 20+ goal a season man and Higuain fits that description very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    her reliability probs isnt helped by the fact she was probably 5 baccardis deep into a session.

Really like Fellaini as a player but not so sure how he would fit into our system. Worth 22m or whatever his buy out is though.
    I had my reservations about Fellaini in our system but a read this decent scout report here http://www.fresharsenal.com/scout-ma...e-perfect-fit/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I had my reservations about Fellaini in our system but a read this decent scout report here http://www.fresharsenal.com/scout-ma...e-perfect-fit/
    Wenger seems to have gone off aggressive battling CMs recently though. Also his signing would definitely mean Arteta giving way and Im not sure I see Wenger giving him the heave ho tbh. There are many comparisons with Vieira, but I think Vieira was a much better passer and didnt look out of place alongside Pires/Bergkamp whereas Fellaini is more like a bull in a china shop when he gets forward. He's not a bad passer though by any means so its not the end of the world.

Personally I'd love to see Fellaini/Wilshere/Cazorla together.

ReputationRep:
    Higuain is more than 20 goal a season striker.

Expect at least 25 goals from him if he is played regularly.

Should be expecting 60 goals from Walcott, Higuain and Podolski next season. If the defence can do their job then I expect a title challenge.

We have a very competitive midfield as well with Wilshere and Cazorla pulling the strings.

ReputationRep:
    We really can't afford to miss out on Higuain.

Should have signed him up now, if we are serious..

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini is a great player, proven in the prem and would definitely improve our team; that's all that matters to me tbh. It'd be up to Wenger to decide how he "fits our system".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Higuain is more than 20 goal a season striker.

Expect at least 25 goals from him if he is played regularly.

Should be expecting 60 goals from Walcott, Higuain and Podolski next season. If the defence can do their job then I expect a title challenge.

We have a very competitive midfield as well with Wilshere and Cazorla pulling the strings.
    Its not the number of goals thats a problem with us. Its when they are scored. We scored 7 against Newcastle last season but couldnt get anything against Everton. Anyway I'm hopeful but I don't think the goal department needs to be improved, its the mentality that needs to be changed and I guess a player like Higuain will bring in that winning mentality we lack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

:lol: Haha yeah.
    And agreed, I reckon he could play as a Viera type player. In any case he'd bring some much needed steel to the midfield.

Wrt to the defence, it's not so much conceding goals thats a problem, it's the little mistakes that lead to goals that need to be sorted out, a glaring example being Verm against United that led to RVP scoring, and also Sagna against United. Whilst we won't concede a lot, we'll concede one or two down to a stupid mistake and that'll cost us 3 points. Though that can really only be sorted out with communication and work on the training ground. If we can manage that, with some of these purchases, I feel we can mount a really strong bid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    We really can't afford to miss out on Higuain.

Should have signed him up now, if we are serious..
    Real wont sanction until they get Ancelotti confirmed so there's little we can do except wait for that. But yeah, could see City/Chelsea getting involved tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini + Higuain. Yes please.

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure about Fellaini to be honest..

ReputationRep:
    I remember saying it last summer, Arsenal should really look at Thiago Alcantara. He would be so perfect behind our attackers. But it appears UTD are getting him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I remember saying it last summer, Arsenal should really look at Thiago Alcantara. He would be so perfect behind our attackers. But it appears UTD are getting him.
    No thanks, that Barca DNA might just come back to haunt us again. Rather not sacrifice our British talent as well, Jack and Aaron bleed Arsenal, they're less likely to snake us. We all know Tom Cleverley had an average season with limited appearances at best, now with Thiago coming in just before Rio he should be looking to move.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of moaning and complaining here about signing a player is hilarious

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.