I've just been sent that message out of the blue. I just want an offer

ReputationRep:
    REJECTION."... OMG .., I AM DEAD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    REJECTION."... OMG .., I AM DEAD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Owwww I am so sorry hello!!! Tou really deserved an offer! You are the most energetic and optimistic person on this thread! You need to try again because u are made to become a doc! When did u check portal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)
    Owwww I am so sorry hello!!! Tou really deserved an offer! You are the most energetic and optimistic person on this thread! You need to try again because u are made to become a doc! When did u check portal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank u ... I had an inkling as I hadn't received the message , just checked right now ...,
    No this is enough.... The proverbial the end of the road... I can't offer anything better and I am not in the mood of getting rejected again and again....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank u ... I had an inkling as I hadn't received the message , just checked right now ...,
    No this is enough.... The proverbial the end of the road... I can't offer anything better and I am not in the mood of getting rejected again and again....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw man. I'm so, so sorry. You deserve it more than anyone. I honestly think(and encourage) you to apply again, for the sake of the medical profession losing out on who would be a fantastic doctor. You've always been the one to keep morale up, so please do try again for the sake of the medical profession and to stop them losing out on a fantastic personality. King's are fools not to take you. Don't let this stop you, please. Chin up man.

Thanks for all the kind(and hilarious) words(of wisdom) throughout this thread.

You da man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't want to make things worse but if someone is energetic and optimistic, why should they deserve an offer?

I'll base it on interview performance....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miel Purple)
    I don't want to make things worse but if someone is energetic and optimistic, why should they deserve an offer?

Well to be honest ok ur right... But that is a bleak way of looking at things it's 15 minutes and considering I have been at the uni for last 3 years and did ok ....
    The reason they are rejecting me is I am not saying the things they want to listen even. If they are written on the application...
    On that reasoning alone I can turn around and equally say why are they just rejecting me on the interview alone....
    They need to remember what 15 minute really represent..." 15 minutes = 5 years ....
    Considering they sent a message that I achieved a competitive score and then made me wait till the end of cycle is cruel and wrong.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryMan)
    Aw man. I'm so, so sorry. You deserve it more than anyone. I honestly think(and encourage) you to apply again, for the sake of the medical profession losing out on who would be a fantastic doctor. You've always been the one to keep morale up, so please do try again for the sake of the medical profession and to stop them losing out on a fantastic personality. King's are fools not to take you. Don't let this stop you, please. Chin up man.

Thanks for all the kind(and hilarious) words(of wisdom) throughout this thread.

You da man.
    THank u for ur kind words....
    Lol at the profession losing out ... Ha ha ha made me laugh ...

Many thanks for all ur support people ....
    It's just not meant to be I guess...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well to be honest ok ur right... But that is a bleak way of looking at things it's 15 minutes and considering I have been at the uni for last 3 years and did ok ....
    The reason they are rejecting me is I am not saying the things they want to listen even. If they are written on the application...
    On that reasoning alone I can turn around and equally say why are they just rejecting me on the interview alone....
    They need to remember what 15 minute really represent..." 15 minutes = 5 years ....
    Considering they sent a message that I achieved a competitive score and then made me wait till the end of cycle is cruel and wrong.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Many medical schools reject applicants on interview alone and I think it's fairer as we're all on a level playing field.

Yes it's cruel to be kept waiting for this long but with so many competitive people, they didn't want to reject you earlier on.

I really don't mean to cause offence I'm sorry you didn't get in and I would advise you try again.

ReputationRep:
    Many medical schools reject applicants on interview alone and I think it's fairer as we're all on a level playing field.

Yes it's cruel to be kept waiting for this long but with so many competitive people, they didn't want to reject you earlier on.

I really don't mean to cause offence I'm sorry you didn't get in and I would advise you try again.
    No offence taken..... ;-)
    No I get you .. I wish I was 18 again so I could ... I will now be classified as a mature student ... Life is a bit different and you can't just keep wasting time ... I need directions ..
    I know how competitive I am....
    Anyways yea thank you for ur input.....
    I will probably know what to do by next week...lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Err, empathy?

If hello101 is like this in real life, he did deserve it. He's waited as long as me and has been dedicated the whole way. And he's one of the nicest people on here. Who knows what happened in the interview? Someone could mess up on the interview but it doesn't mean they'll be an awful doctor.

Hello101 don't lose hope!! You'll get in next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    Err, empathy?

If hello101 is like this in real life, he did deserve it. He's waited as long as me and has been dedicated the whole way. And he's one of the nicest people on here. Who knows what happened in the interview? Someone could mess up on the interview but it doesn't mean they'll be an awful doctor.

Hello101 don't lose hope!! You'll get in next year!
    I know about empathy.....that's why I didn't mean to cause offence....

I never said he would be an awful doctor.
    Many people are nice and still get in though....what's your point?

Kudos for waiting long, that shows commitment.

ReputationRep:
    Guys much luv u all... I hope u get offers...
    Much much much luv....
    I never really imagined I will be in this position and ps I have achieved a place long long time ago but then I was classified as an international student..which was ludacris...
    Thank you home office .... Royally ****ed me up ...... But it is now my interview technique ... So I guess that's down to me.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know about empathy.....that's why I didn't mean to cause offence....

I never said he would be an awful doctor.
    Many people are nice and still get in though....what's your point?

Kudos for waiting long, that shows commitment.
    It's still a bit harsh, if I were in his position I would be devastated.

My point wasn't that someone deserves an offer because they're nice, it was that judging from what I've seen on here, hello101 would be a great doctor. If he's anything like this in real life, he has a great personality for medicine, not just niceness etc.

ReputationRep:
    It's still a bit harsh, if I were in his position I would be devastated.

My point wasn't that someone deserves an offer because they're nice, it was that judging from what I've seen on here, hello101 would be a great doctor. If he's anything like this in real life, he has a great personality for medicine, not just niceness etc.
    I'm just saying what I thought....I didn't mean to cause offence.
    It's not harsh at all, it's a genuine question which btw you didn't answer.

Yeah sure his personality is great for medicine and for life generally. He seems very optimistic and grateful.

ReputationRep:

Yeah sure his personality is great for medicine and for life generally. He seems very optimistic and grateful.
    Can i point out that by continuously saying. U dont mean to cause offence doesnt stop u from offending someone. U clearly dont know anything about being empathtic to say such harsh words when hes just been rejected. The interview is not a fair analysis of who will make a better doctor. Many ppl have gotten in yet they dont even want to be a dr (do it for parents etc) yet ppl like hello101 who seem like they genuinely want it dont get in. Frankly im pissed off about the whole thing.

Next time u say 'no offence' before u say something then STOP. because u most definitely are causing offence!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Fair enough, but it's still a pretty sensitive time, not really the right time to be saying where someone went wrong.

What even was the question? You asked me what my point was, and I told you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuni530)
    Can i point out that by continuously saying. U dont mean to cause offence doesnt stop u from offending someone. U clearly dont know anything about being empathtic to say such harsh words when hes just been rejected. The interview is not a fair analysis of who will make a better doctor. Many ppl have gotten in yet they dont even want to be a dr (do it for parents etc) yet ppl like hello101 who seem like they genuinely want it dont get in. Frankly im pissed off about the whole thing.

Next time u say 'no offence' before u say something then STOP. because u most definitely are causing offence!!

I know about empathy, I admit my timing of what I said was wrong but it was not harsh. It was a genuine question.

So tell me, how would you decide who makes a better doctor? Interviews will be carried out all the time and always will be-get used to it.

Many people don't get in. It's sad but it's reality.
    Why are you so pissed off?

Besides hello101 said no offence taken so I don't see why you had to butt in here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See in bold

Fair enough, but it's still a pretty sensitive time, not really the right time to be saying where someone went wrong.

What even was the question? You asked me what my point was, and I told you.
    Yeah I guess the timing was wrong

Oh nvm, I never asked you the question in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    See in bold

Yeah I guess the timing was wrong

Oh nvm, I never asked you the question in the first place.
    People .......
    I know u all mean well and have my best interest at heart ...
    But the decision has been made and there is nothing that can be done about it ....it is harsh ( decision) but what can I do really...
    And on ur question of how to select... Have OSCE's with patients lol lol lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People .......
    I know u all mean well and have my best interest at heart ...
    But the decision has been made and there is nothing that can be done about it ....it is harsh ( decision) but what can I do really...
    And on ur question of how to select... Have OSCE's with patients lol lol lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is a good idea. Simulation with patients, I think a few med skls do that.

But then again, we have 5/6 years to perfect our consultation skills etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.