Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    It's ironic because the Zionists are pretty much Nazi's themselves.
    Learn the definition of irony before you spout it.

Hitler didn't gas Zionists.

ReputationRep:
    Sad thing is, even if they did carry out a genocide you would still get Zionist shills defending the action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broscience123)
    Well we've seen how Zionists defend the murder of children, the bombing of UN schools etc.etc. so it shouldn't really be too surprising to you that you will get some lunatics defending the actions of crazy people.
    Out of interest, do you consider there to be a moral difference between deliberate killing and accidental killing?

ReputationRep:
    Quote from the opening paragraph of your link:

The English-language Israeli publication Times of Israel today published, and then quickly deleted, a blog post by the writer Yochanan Gordon with the extremely inflammatory headline "When Genocide is Permissible." The post does not explicitly endorse the genocide of Palestinians, but it asks if doing so would be morally justified after building up the case it would be and presenting only evidence in the affirmative.
    This whole "genocide" thing is patently absurd. No rational person can look at events in Gaza and conclude "genocide".

It's a perfect example of the "Big Lie" as invented (well, named at least) by Hitler: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Wikileaks confirms Israeli use of the 'Dahiye Doctrine' - a doctrine, inspired by Israel's assault against Lebanon in 2006, that promotes the deliberate targeting of civilian populations and infrastructure so as to 'deter' via suffering and mass loss.
    Seems to have worked. Did Hezbollah attack since 2006?

ReputationRep:
    The results of this poll are utterly shocking. There is NO excuse for chanting profanity, whatever the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broscience123)
    Ah great one, have no real response to someone so call them a Nazi. Man, the Zionist Propaganda Handbook needs updating, same old BS rhetoric.
    I'm not calling these people Nazis.

They're calling themselves Nazis by chanting Nazi slogans and giving Hitler salutes.

I have no particular truck with Israel and I don't care about Palestinians.

What I see as being absurd here is that there are people in the streets saying that they are angry about civilians being killed - and they decide to express anger by channeling the spirit of the Nazis.

And then people come on TSR and try and rationalise it.

Is the truth not much more likely to be that these people are so angry that all they want to do is cause as much offence as possible and try to make other people angry too?

Or is your idea much more likely - i.e. that everyone in the whole world who does not agree with you is part of a worldwide Zionist conspiracy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring_dr)
    I am not an expert in the Israeli-Palestinian history/conflict but I am a human with enough knowledge to say we should do our best to stop the conflict. Who's right and who's wrong can be discussed when innocent people aren't dying from air strikes and bombs. Right now they need help, fast. Whoever is injured and whatever side of the border. We need to help because we humans need to show humanity.
    Thank you I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BismaKhan)
    Doesn't change the fact you support killing kids

Child murderer !!!!!
    What a ludicrous, childish comment.

Are you calling the Allies in World War 2 child killers? They had to bomb Nazi cities in pursuit of destruction of the Third Reich, are you saying the Nazis should have been left alone because children would have been killed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    One man killed by two lunatics is vastly different to the systemic massacre of thousands of civilians. Either you can see and understand that, and are being deliberately obtuse, or you are completely moronic.

Drawing parallels between what was an absolutely tragic murder, and a massacre with many war crimes being committed whilst the world just sits and watches, is idiotic in the extreme.
    Not sure that you understand what half those words mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    Out of interest, do you consider there to be a moral difference between deliberate killing and accidental killing?
    Unfortunately, pro-Hamas, pro-terrorist etc people will claim not to understand the difference, even if they do.

The reason for this is that it is very powerful propaganda to whine and cry about "child killers" and "child murderers". If they do understand the difference, they pretend not to because that would be too realistic and complex, when they want a simple black and white tale of evil bloodthirsty Jews who love murdering children.

If they don't understand the difference, they are just ****wits anyway (which is not atypical for a side who support the fascist homophobic Hamas terrorist organisation, that murders gay men simply for their sexuality, and condones "honour" killings when a woman "disobeys" her husband/father)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    Its hardly surprising they are chanting hail Hitler if they are Hamas supporters.
    It is a Hamas declared aim to destroy Israel and kill as many Jews as possible.
    Something Hamas many Palastinians and Hitler all have in common.
    Completely agree dude. The Hamas constitution calls for the death of all Jews, everywhere. It says they will root out all the Jews, until "even the trees say, 'here are the Jews' when they are hiding behind the trees, trying to escape being killed by angry anti-semitic mobs"

To be honest, the crap about talking trees is so typical of Hamas and these fascists, they are utter schizos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    Just a couple days ago, the Hezbollah commander who triggered the 2006 war (Ibrahim Mohammed al-Haj) was killed in Iraq hahahhahaha
    That was rather satisfying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    One man killed by two lunatics is vastly different to the systemic massacre of thousands of civilians. Either you can see and understand that, and are being deliberately obtuse, or you are completely moronic
    Are you saying that Israel is deliberately targeting civilians? Because I've seen no evidence of that whatsoever. If you have evidence that Israel has deliberately targeted civilans (as opposed to civilians having been caught in the crossfire), I'm certainly willing to take a look

In fact if Israel just wanted to murder civilians, in the manner of the "baby murdering Jews" that you mentioned, I have no doubt there would be far more Palestinian dead than 1500. And presumably they wouldn't be calling the Palestinians in advance, sending text messages and dropping leaflets, warning them to leave the area?

ReputationRep:

Child murderer !!!!!
    What a well reasoned argument. You are so inelegant.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Yes, when I get angry the first thing that springs to my mind is to become a member of the Third Reich.
    The Third Reich probably would not want them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Learn the definition of irony before you spout it.

Hitler didn't gas Zionists.
    Right? Next they'll be saying it's like rain on your wedding day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_guns)
    Are you saying that Israel is deliberately targeting civilians? Because I've seen no evidence of that whatsoever. If you have evidence that Israel has deliberately targeted civilans (as opposed to civilians having been caught in the crossfire), I'm certainly willing to take a look

In fact if Israel just wanted to murder civilians, in the manner of the "baby murdering Jews" that you mentioned, I have no doubt there would be far more Palestinian dead than 1500. And presumably they wouldn't be calling the Palestinians in advance, sending text messages and dropping leaflets, warning them to leave the area?
    I feel that the amount of civilian "crossfire" in this conflict is far beyond what anyone could consider collateral damage. I feel that both sides use fear, with Hamas also using intimidation, to control their populations. I believe both sides are filled with extremists, and by extremist, I mean someone who offers unconditional support. Ie, you could massacre every single Jew, or kill every single Palestinian, and yet still, these people would support their cause.

I believe that the war that Israel is fighting is very, very much a modern war fought in a 24 hour news climate. They are aware that the clock is ticking, the world will only accept a certain amount of war, the whole thing is perverse, but I believe that Israel is aware it is fighting against a clock, they can't fight for too long, or the international pressure will become too much, they have to get their tasks done in a very short period, this increases significantly the amount of crossfire civilian killings, we are as much an issue in this as Israel is, we demand to know everything now. And we want results from what we see instantaneously.

As for the leaflets and texts that are sent, you have to ask where these people are supposed to flee to, all borders (As far as I know) are closed, the UN camps are overwhelmed, and with all due respect, hiding in a UN sheltered zone is about as useful as pissing into the wind in a gale.

As someone who is neither Jewish nor Muslim, I remove myself entirely from the situation, as I feel that the worst decisions and opinions are made when they are ruled by their emotions. I take away all the history of the two peoples, and imagine two states, A, and B. And when I view things like this I ask myself, what would you rather be, A (Israeli) or B (Palestinian) and I find my answer being beyond any doubt A.

But maybe by ignoring emotions and history I actually find myself making the wrong decision. When I put my emotions back into the argument, it becomes exceptionally cloudy, a religion, or arguably a race of people that have suffered more than any other group of people throughout time, versus a group of people who have been displaced through no fault of their own, but as a consequence view total war as the only solution to resolve their problems, vowing to kill what they see as their occupiers at any cost.

It's a tough debate, and one that I don't claim to know the answer to, and feel like I could discuss with you at great length, maybe productively, maybe not as these things often are, but I'm sure we'd both enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    x
    Do you think chanting "Heil Hitler" is justifiable or not? You've done all you can to dodge this.

Child murderer !!!!!
    Where's your evidence for these assertions? Or are you spouting childish drivel again?

ReputationRep:
    The correct response to Israel's horrific treatment of Palestine is not genocide, especially as the Jewish people and the Israeli government are not synonymous for each other.

Secondly, the fact that these people may be palestinians means nothing as they don't represent all of the palestinian people.

It's very important not to associate the citizen's of a country with that people's government. We instantly separate ourselves from the government when they do things we don't agree with - such as propose to intervene in Syria or invade Iraq, but there is an element of cognitive dissonance when we blame other countries' citizens because of what their government has done.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.