Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    I'm more of a Ramsey guy personally.
    Yeah but you know Giroud has the experience. Ramsey would just give you that dead stare the entire time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Yeah but you know Giroud has the experience. Ramsey would just give you that dead stare the entire time.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1426460669.352392.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  56.4 KB

I like dat stare tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1426460669.352392.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  56.4 KB

I like dat stare tho
    We all do, but you just know Giroud would be better at it. Aaron's a gentle lover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Just thought I'd throw this stat out there; this season Giroud has scored every 109 minutes, Kane has scored every 106 minutes (helped largely by goals in the Europa League). So why is one considered the brightest hope of English football whilst the other is considered a slightly above average striker?

Sure, kane has scored against big teams this year, but Giroud is starting to do that too (Liverpool, United, City)
    Kane is better than Giroud I don't care if he plays for the spuds it's still true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Kane is better than Giroud I don't care if he plays for the spuds it's still true
    Kane just seems like another Bale player to me.. Selfish, shooting is his first priority, plays for himself first, and the team second.
    Giroud is the opposite, all for the team, still manages to almost match Kane's scoring/minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy_M)
    Kane just seems like another Bale player to me.. Selfish, shooting is his first priority, plays for himself first, and the team second.
    Giroud is the opposite, all for the team, still manages to almost match Kane's scoring/minute.
    Arsenal are far superior to Spurs they are not even a top 6 team I don't care if they beat us. I would trade Giroud for Kane anyday. Kane is faster, more agile, can shoot with both feet, better in the air etc.

ReputationRep:
    hope the start of this week, ends up as good as last weeks monday-wednesday was...

Feel pretty relaxed about it though..

Liverpool should win tonight, and its ok if they do.. anything more is a bonus. Pressure is on them though, after uniteds strong performance yesterday.

Monaco should qualify.. if we somehow pull something off and get through - amazing. but if we dont, then its nothing un-expected at this point, and everything else just carries on as normal.

Then get to laugh at city getting destroyed by barca.. who may not be quite the mighty force that burnley was, but will still have to much for city.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind Sterling the Scousers would have an absolute meltdown. But £40M no thanks, we could much better with that sort of Money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Wouldn't mind Sterling the Scousers would have an absolute meltdown. But £40M no thanks, we could much better with that sort of Money.
    What's the point when you have that mould of a player in Ox, Welbz, Walcott, Sanchez?

Think you lot would benefit from a pacey attacker with great technique and vision. Reus would be perfect for you lot. He's even injury prone too.

ReputationRep:
    offer chelsea 20 million for Cahill in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/15/ex-ars...-land-5105060/

ReputationRep:
    would love sterlling.. but its not happening - we tried them with suarez, and well, look how that went.

stirling and sanchez on either side of the wing though.. would be awesome to watch.

As for the players we already have - I am really not sure.. OX has so much potential, but we have been saying taht for years now, and he is yet to actually deliver the game that sterling has.. ofcourse injuries do not help with this.

Walcott, I really dont know - he struggles to finis each time he plays at the moment, but for me thats because he is not being given a run of gametime to get back into the swing of things. (hope this happens now ox is injured..)

40m sounds about right though, maybe even a little cheap. hes one of the most exciting young players in the world right now, will haev the (not justfied but still) english premium, and is only 20 yet has shown he can carry an out-of-form team by himself.... Any team that can get him now for 40-50m will have an absolute talent locked down as he comes into his prime..

Not our priority though, and I can see city, out of maybe just panic trying to fix thier aging squad, and lack of english players, going for him instead..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    What's the point when you have that mould of a player in Ox, Welbz, Walcott, Sanchez?

Think you lot would benefit from a pacey attacker with great technique and vision. Reus would be perfect for you lot. He's even injury prone too.
    Reus would probably be a lot cheaper. Anyways Wenger has done a lot of dumb things in the past but he's not that dumb to splash that sort of money on Sterling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Reus would probably be a lot cheaper.
    loooool no chance.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by al_94)
    Arsenal are far superior to Spurs they are not even a top 6 team I don't care if they beat us. I would trade Giroud for Kane anyday. Kane is faster, more agile, can shoot with both feet, better in the air etc.
    Nah, I couldn't disagree more if I wanted to. I'm probably the only one on here that doesn't even rate Kane as much at all, all this hype will soon die down. A good run of form and the whole country is jizzing themselves. Giroud's got better aerial ability than him, better hold up play, a better strike rate despite missing game time due to injuries. Better physicality, Giroud's created more chances etc etc.

When Kane gets put in the England squad then watch, he'll become average.

Everyone has their own opinions though, but I wouldn't swap Giroud with him
    And please no, this has nothing to do with his looks etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Nah, I couldn't disagree more if I wanted to. I'm probably the only one on here that doesn't even rate Kane as much at all, all this hype will soon die down. A good run of form and the whole country is jizzing themselves. Giroud's got better aerial ability than him, better hold up play, a better strike rate despite missing game time due to injuries. Better physicality, Giroud's created more chances etc etc.

When Kane gets put in the England squad then watch, he'll become average.

Everyone has their own opinions though, but I wouldn't swap Giroud with him
    And please no, this has nothing to do with his looks etc.
    You are sleeping on Kane no way Giroud is better even in the air I've seen him miss so many chances before his heading technique is not good he is just very tall. Kane is a big match winner 2 goals vs us and 2 vs Chelsea but when Giroud plays against top teams he can't do anything most of the time. Giroud has become overrated by some fans but they were saying last year that we needed a striker just because Alexis Sanchez has had a great season which makes us less reliant on Giroud doesn't mean he is now a top striker.

ReputationRep:
    Kane is hard to assess because of course he's 'running hot'/playing at an unsustainable rate right now, but we don't know what his 'true level' actually is.

We do have a fairly good idea of what Giroud's true level is though, and Kane this season has been levels above that.

ReputationRep:
    I would like us to take a shot on a young forward of world class potential in the summer, provided we don't overpay.
    Lacazette, Dybala,Vietto (who has a 20 m Euro buyout clause).

A top CB is an absolute must. Get one of those and the importance of a CDM is somewhat diminished. If you have a competent back four, the need for top CDM's is markedly reduced.

Also, wrt to CDM, if we cannot get absolutely top quality (i.e. Pogba is unlikely) then Schneiderlin will be good enough for the intents and purposes of the role. Because we have Wilshere and Ramsey who can play next to him and drive the ball forward (Wilshere in particular is very good at this).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I would like us to take a shot on a young forward of world class potential in the summer, provided we don't overpay.
    Lacazette, Dybala,Vietto (who has a 20 m Euro buyout clause).

A top CB is an absolute must. Get one of those and the importance of a CDM is somewhat diminished. If you have a competent back four, the need for top CDM's is markedly reduced.

Also, wrt to CDM, if we cannot get absolutely top quality (i.e. Pogba is unlikely) then Schneiderlin will be good enough for the intents and purposes of the role. Because we have Wilshere and Ramsey who can play next to him and drive the ball forward (Wilshere in particular is very good at this).
    Doesn't Hummels have a near enough buy out clause if his conttract isn't due to expire soon? He's someone I'd personally love at our club. Also Vidal seems like a good enough CDM, or even Thiago Motta.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you guys even discussing Sterling ffs? It's like discussing 'if we could buy Aguero'. There's no ****ing chance and it's a sideways, if not downwards, step for Raheem. He's one of the premier talents in world football and there's more than enough chance that Liverpool will a) finish ahead of you this year and b) be a better long term prospect than you.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.