The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4460
Nomura Markets AC coming up. Any advise on structure what to prepare etc?

thanks
Original post by niasem
Nomura Markets AC coming up. Any advise on structure what to prepare etc?

thanks

How was your telephone interview?
Reply 4462
Original post by George_Harris19
How was your telephone interview?

very relaxed conversation with an associate and a trader. general competency based questions, brainteasers, and some general markets questions
Reply 4463
Invited to do the occupational personality questionnaire for Schroders following the video interview. No where does it mention this being part of the recruitment process but I'll just go with it and hope for the best.
Any news on JPM AM anyone?
Original post by TheParham
Any news on JPM AM anyone?

I haven't heard anything back since doing their numerical test. Heard anything back from Fidelity?
Original post by Boppity Boo
I haven't heard anything back since doing their numerical test. Heard anything back from Fidelity?

does yours say Application Received? nothing from fidelity, just emails saying that 'they havent forgotten about me'
Have jpm and ms gone on holiday or something? I applied to ms like 2 months ago and still havent heard anything!

Anyone heard back from ms for markets?
Original post by gman888
Have jpm and ms gone on holiday or something? I applied to ms like 2 months ago and still havent heard anything!

Anyone heard back from ms for markets?

Netheir have I but people have got interviews in markets at ms so
Anybody heard from Blackrock , Fidelity ?

everything is so slow this year...

It might be uncertainty due to Brexit and they do not know their exact intake or location...
Reply 4470
Has anyone done Citi Markets telephone interview? Willing to trade for DB, UBS, MS, M&G.
barclays AC for trading madafakas! also for rbc
Reply 4472
Has anyone done the HSBC Global Banking and Markets telephone interview? Would appreciate any advice at all, thanks!
Hi,

What are some examples of competency based questions that get asked in interviews if anyone is willing to share?

Thanks
Original post by polecon
Hi,

What are some examples of competency based questions that get asked in interviews if anyone is willing to share?

Thanks

Describe a time you faced a challenging situation and what you did?

Tell me about a time you used your imitative to improve a process within a team?

Tell me about a time you solved complex problem?

Etc etc you can find loads online
Original post by volatilityskew2
barclays AC for trading madafakas! also for rbc

Damnnnn
Citi IBD Summer Analyst is only CV? I don't see any option to upload a cover letter.
Has anyone done a first round telephone interview with Barclays Banking?
Mine is tomorrow morning and so far i've heard that its pretty generic (walk me through your CV, what are your motivations for applying)
Oh, I thought that it is not possible to fail Lazard's SJT after doing 2 internships at BBs. I was soooo wrong ahahah
Reply 4479
Couple of q's:

1) Anyone heard back from Barclays post stage 2 business insight? Been waiting about 2 weeks now

2) Anyone had technical difficulties with BAML's SJT? I didn't allow the pop up the first time so I had to contact HR to reset the test, however now the test is reset there is no option to start the test. Pretty strange

Quick Reply

Latest