Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayel)
    The Doctor-Donna. Time Lord/Human Metacrisis. When the Doctors Hand started generating a new body (creating the human Doctor that lives with Rose now) Donna caught some of it's power and basically took on some time lord qualities. But it's too much for a human brain so she had her memory wiped.
    Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    I thought he looked very pointedly at Donna when Wilf asked who the woman was..
    But I may just be overcomplicating things for myself.
    This is what i thought, maybe it was Donna?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    From that short section of Smith, I actually don't find him that bad Remember that's written by RTD so he'll probably have better material than the typical "New hair new hands not ginger" thing XD
    "Russell T. Davies has said in interviews that Steven Moffat will write all of Matt Smith lines as the Doctor in the closing minutes"
    I got this off the IMDB page for 'End of Time Part 2' :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    If you have ever watched Torchwood, the Gauntlet has appeared in that before.
    Ahh beaten to it! :p: ......that glove....well its use doesnt always turn out well, at least not in Torchwood anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimz666)
    How did you figure this out :confused: :confused: :confused: explain please?? I really want to know!
    Its pretty obvious.

She has red hair. She contacted Donna grand dad. Secondly, she stopped Doctor killer the Master, which is similar to what she did to stop Doctor dying in the episode with the archanoids. Lastly, the biggest clue is that when he looks into the persons eyes the Doctor hears the same music that Donna hears.

Lastly, the gun.

P.S. Note, also Donna isn't human as she would have changed into a copy of the Master.

(Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Haha so true, I said "this like in star wars!" about 20 times during that episode. It was quite funny, I reckon RTD was doing it on purpose just because it was the last script he was gonna write for it :mmm:

I'm hoping Matty Smith grows on me, I nearly cried when Ecclestone left but David turned out to be amaaazing :o:
    Mebbe. If he did, he's a legend, it was hilarious. Actually, I don't think there could have been that much crossover unintentionally, so you could well be right!

ReputationRep:
    I wish they had brought the Time Lords back permanently. I don't like this new story line at all. A Timothy Dalton (Shakespearian Actor) would fit the role of a future doctor very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varciani)
    In my opinion D.T is the perfect portrayal of The Doctor, and M.S will have to be SEVERELY on it to match him in any way, whether he copies or style or not. Also the 30 seconds of his footage seemed very.... strange, and not in a nice way. I hope they don't make him into some character appealing to younger audiences? (I think someone described it as 'Blue Peter-y' - Spot on!)

Also, there was no goodbye to the white dude who used to be in Grange Hill? (The one who was with Mickey). Was that intentional or was he just not important enough for a proper farewell?

Otherwise, I felt the story was brilliant, although I would've liked the Time Lords to have a larger part. They just seemed to spend all this effort coming, to say a few words, turn everyone back and then be sent off again!
    Lol at your sig btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    For goodness sake give the bloke a chance, he's only been on screen for about 30 seconds...

And you remember how so many people disliked Tennant in his first episode and thought he was going to be rubbish and now he's probably the most popular doctor ever.

But yeah, jump to conclusions without seeing even a full minute of the new doctor why don't you.
    So tru, I thought tennant was going to be a flop but hes been the best so far. The new seem decent but he hasnt actually done anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    Makes sense to think there would be two, one for each hand. And it may do more in a Time Lord's hand. I don't know though. RTD's writing goes far beyond me.
    Would make sense that a time lord knew how to use it properly where as Torchwood didn't, might not have even been the same gauntlet just a coincidence, then again this is Doctor Who.

Theres a preview here of the next series for those interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econight)
    But doesn't she have only one heart? Or was it two? I can't remember cause on that planet before they go back to Earth(last series) the women tells Donna she can hear 2 heartbeats or something. Maybe it is Donna.
    Keep up it is a kids show.

Yes Donna can't regenerate, but everything else she has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Ahh beaten to it! :p: ......that glove....well its use doesnt always turn out well, at least not in Torchwood anyway.
    We all remember the Risen Mitten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)

She doesn't have a Time Lord body, only a Time Lord mind - which is why the Doctor had to seal away the memories otherwise it'd kill her because physically she can't take it.

And the preview of the next series looks promising, looks like MS will be taking it in a different direction, thankfully :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Um, I'm not sure what you're trying to say but that woman was his mother.
    No that is incorrect. Wait to the thing gets put on iplayer and I will explain it.

Note, the ending is pretty obvious. As he goes who is that girl and he looked straight over to Donna.

P.S. On the last series it gave away Jack fate by saying he is the face of boa at the end. This is just the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)

Yeah I read up, what you say makes sense. I guess it is Donna.

What I don't get is how is she trapped in the Time War? She was not part of the war. Head hurts.

ReputationRep:
    i think i saw Astrid.... in the trailer, cool that the weeping angels are coming back and that ginger chick... can't remember what episode she's from but i remember her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morning_Chai)
    I wish they had brought the Time Lords back permanently. I don't like this new story line at all. A Timothy Dalton (Shakespearian Actor) would fit the role of a future doctor very well.
    One of the best narrative plot points about the old series was the Time Lords and their conflict with the Dr.

The whole "I am all alone" story line is incredibly tedious. There is no ying to the Doctor's yang. the old series envisioned the Dr. as an observer rather than the super hero he is now.

The new guy at the helm is supposedly a fan of the the old show. I am not holding my breadth though. The Dr. isn't in the same league as Battle Star Gallactica when it comes to quality writing it's essentially a feel good show-X factor in space and time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    What annoyed me was it spent the last 10/15 minutes going on and on about how he had to say all these goodbyes and I didn't get the point seeing as he wasn't literally dying.
    i thought the point was that he was going to die, and then when he said 'i don't want to go', it was him deciding he didn't wanna die so he was gonna regenerate instead. or maybe that's just what i want to believe...

from what i've seen of matt smith he looks okay. i think they wanted to have him play that scene quite similar to tennant just to help the transition. if he'd been completely different i think people would have got a bit aggy 'oh he's nothing like tennant we like tennant more' etc. i think he'll develop his own sort of personality as time goes on, which should be interesting.

i will miss david tennant loads, but i think it was time to move on. the tenth doctor started going a bit crazy towards the end...

oh and can i just say how much i loved the 'he will knock four times' thing being about wilf. very clever.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if anybody can explain this...

Every Timelord looks human,
    The Doctor in a previous episode mentions he could have two heads etc,
    The new Doctor checks for all the 'normal' humanoid features.

So why are there no Timelords who have like one leg, a purple square head and wheels for fingers etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    She doesn't have a Time Lord body, only a Time Lord mind - which is why the Doctor had to seal away the memories otherwise it'd kill her because physically she can't take it.

And the preview of the next series looks promising, looks like MS will be taking it in a different direction, thankfully :p:
    Not really. She has Time Lord DNA, not just his mind. That is why she didn't change because she is not human.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.