TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's the reason i put Arshavin in, as he's not eligible for the CL, he is fresh for the PL. Which seems to be working well for you guys.

Oh, and because RVP went and got himself injured... :ninja:
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Same. Have had Arshavin from the beginning because I know he's a sure starter and will be fresh for the PL since he's not playing in the CL. Plus I looked at his Zenit stats after he joined Arsenal. They're damn good. Loadsss of assisssts.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
That's the reason i put Arshavin in, as he's not eligible for the CL, he is fresh for the PL. Which seems to be working well for you guys.

Oh, and because RVP went and got himself injured... :ninja:
That's the reason why I swapped Arshavin for RVP as well - he is going to be fit and raring to go for every PL match.

But I ignored my own advice and made a terrible decision...

Even if RVP wasn't injured, he would still be doing very well on the wings I reckon.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Zenit raised a beauty, that's for sure. :yep:

(Original post by geoff_yin)
That's the reason why I swapped Arshavin for RVP as well - he is going to be fit and raring to go for every PL match.

But I ignored my own advice and made a terrible decision...

Even if RVP wasn't injured, he would still be doing very well on the wings I reckon.
Arshavin would provide most of the Assists for RVP, between them surely they would be lethal later on & next season (providing RVP is 100% fit).

:yep:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
Zenit raised a beauty, that's for sure. :yep:

Arshavin would provide most of the Assists for RVP, between them surely they would be lethal later on & next season (providing RVP is 100% fit).

:yep:
Mate, if we had this lineup in midfield/up front:

Walcott-Song-Fabregas-Arshavin
Eduardo-RVP

We would have an embarrassment of creativity in the team, and would be able to rip any team apart on a consistent basis! Shame injuries keep hampering us though...
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
38 points this week, which is rubbish.

Won my H2H comfortably though, so I'm still leading my H2H table by 10 points. But with only three gameweeks left, it means I've won my H2H league! :woo: 28 wins, 1 draw, 6 losses.

I need to find out how injured Torres/Melchiot are in preparation for United's double gameweek.
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ashley Young assist, John Carew goal. Just a shame I subbed Luke Young out this week.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm winning my H2H by a point, pre-bonus
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
How the **** did Davies get a bonus point? :rolleyes: :facepalm2:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
How the **** did Davies get a bonus point? :rolleyes: :facepalm2:
:grin:

It seemed to be written as soon as you said you were leading your H2H by one point!

Went onto your opponents team to see that it was Davies who was the only person who could deny you a victory. Then he got the bonus point!
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Will Ronaldo be playing in both PL games in the double? Will probably captain him...
Another guy has Evra, Vidic and VDS :eek: Thankfully im not playing him this week :p:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Will Ronaldo be playing in both PL games in the double? Will probably captain him...
Another guy has Evra, Vidic and VDS :eek: Thankfully im not playing him this week :p:
I don't think he'll play both of them as he will be rested for one of them at least I reckon. They play Arsenal again quite soon.

But I'll captain him anyway, just in case he does play both games.

I need to know if Rio/Vidic are likely to be rested as well, so I can get Evans in.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think he'll play both of them as he will be rested for one of them at least I reckon. They play Arsenal again quite soon.

But I'll captain him anyway, just in case he does play both games.

I need to know if Rio/Vidic are likely to be rested as well, so I can get Evans in.
Im just going to laugh if Utd conceded in both games.. that would screw that guy over! 3 defenders/GK from one team is crazeh!
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im just going to laugh if Utd conceded in both games.. that would screw that guy over! 3 defenders/GK from one team is crazeh!
Yep, but it will still be 12 points from three players from the two games, which isn't too back.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yep, but it will still be 12 points from three players from the two games, which isn't too back.
Red card for whoever he captains, VDS to get rested for one game, and Evra's leg to fall off :hmpf:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
I think he will. Win both and we're Champions, more or less (or actually if West Ham get anything). Ronaldo had a rest last week, he can do 3 games in a week.
JR`
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thank **** for Carew last night. Still doesn't make up for those two weeks I forgot to make changes, but I am back up a place or two, and top of my head-to-head league :king1: Will probs capt Rooney for double week, will try to get a midfielder in, probably Anderson cos I don't think I can afford Crappick. Or I could get a defender in. Dunno yet bros :beard:
JR`
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think he will. Win both and we're Champions, more or less (or actually if West Ham get anything). Ronaldo had a rest last week, he can do 3 games in a week.
You're champions anyway. It's been done for weeks.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by JR`)
You're champions anyway. It's been done for weeks.
But we wont be resting players against City and Wigan until it is mathematically over.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
But we wont be resting players against City and Wigan until it is mathematically over.
The Arsenal game is the earliest it can mathmatically be over :yep:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed