Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    They probably will now

I hope I get one of my 5
    :eek: I didn't even consider that there might not be enough rooms and they may put is in somewhere we didn't apply for!
    AAARRRRGGGHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fixesin)
    :eek: I didn't even consider that there might not be enough rooms and they may put is in somewhere we didn't apply for!
    AAARRRRGGGHHHHH
    It's likely that we'll get one of our 5 - though there is the horror story of the guy who applied for single rooms and ended up sharing a room on the south bank with 2 Thames Valley students :eek: Though obviously that can't happen now ICL isn't part of UoL.

I just hope they don't put me in a single deluxe room or anything stupid

ReputationRep:
    I just hope I can afford wherever they decide to dump me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moronic Acid)
    This. My dad has agreed to pay up to ~£5500 of my accommodation. Think I'd probably be paying the rest myself if I ended up in an ensuite

ReputationRep:
    Same...

ReputationRep:
    This. My dad has agreed to pay up to ~£5500 of my accommodation. Think I'd probably be paying the rest myself if I ended up in an ensuite
    I have to pay for everything myself

ReputationRep:
    I have to pay for everything myself
    I feel sorry for you do you get grant/bursary though? I get nothing

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for you do you get grant/bursary though? I get nothing
    I think I get some free monies - though SF have yet to tell me how much :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I think I get some free monies - though SF have yet to tell me how much :dry:
    Hah, yeah. Good luck with that :p:

I mean, the thing is that I don't get a grant because my parents can afford to help me out. My parents help me out because SFE don't give me any free monies. Etc etc.

The only people who get screwed over are the people whose parents earn lots and don't help them

ReputationRep:

I mean, the thing is that I don't get a grant because my parents can afford to help me out. My parents help me out because SFE don't give me any free monies. Etc etc.

The only people who get screwed over are the people whose parents earn lots and don't help them
    I agree

I doubt i'll be getting that much extra though (far less than my parents would give me if they were rich lol) - hence the need for me to keep my part time job whilst at uni :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I agree

I doubt i'll be getting that much extra though (far less than my parents would give me if they were rich lol) - hence the need for me to keep my part time job whilst at uni :dry:
    Ouch. Do you desperately need to? Have you included the Imperial bursary in that?

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. Do you desperately need to? Have you included the Imperial bursary in that?
    I'll only be working ~8 hours a week so it's not that bad

I have no idea about the Imperial Bursary - no one told me anything
    I feel so out of the loop lol

ReputationRep:

Me then basically... I actually want a Maintenance loan but my dad forced me not to get one and insisted that he pay for my accomodation and food. Problem is, they don't like spending much...

ReputationRep:
    I'll only be working ~8 hours a week so it's not that bad

I have no idea about the Imperial Bursary - no one told me anything
    I feel so out of the loop lol
    Can't remember where it is, if you have a look in the funding section of Imperial's site then it's around there somewhere

Basically, they give you some money if you get some grant. Top bursary is £3300 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember where it is, if you have a look in the funding section of Imperial's site then it's around there somewhere

Basically, they give you some money if you get some grant. Top bursary is £3300 :eek:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe things aren't so bad after all

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe things aren't so bad after all
    Yep :yep:

It's roughly the same as your grant, which you can get an idea of on the direct.gov site if you know your household income

:woo:

I'm going to try and get a job in Lush simply cause I want the staff discount :p:

ReputationRep:
    im looking for a bar or restaurant job...hopefully in the union though since theyre flexible

ReputationRep:
    I get an email, get hyped its allocation for accom and then realise it is ******* UCAS advertising ******* yougo again :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I get an email, get hyped its allocation for accom and then realise it is ******* UCAS advertising ******* yougo again :mad:
    that must have been horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish_gurl)
    that must have been horrible
    I was not impressed esp seeing as I don't want to use the service :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.