Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    Why so?

Oh, and I've ended today on $125,780.25. Essentially placed it all on one stock and luckily it went up. The gains aren't spectacular but at least I recovered from losing $7000 at the start.
    I'm on $99,775.93 not bad, not bad I made like $1000 from my last stock.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Governments trying to control us.I'm saying it now, In the future it will be like 1984
    Out of interest, why do you think Governments are trying to control us?

In 1984, the FTSE 100 index was born. Would love a new world class benchmark index to emerge.

I'm on $99,775.93 not bad, not bad I made like $1000 from my last stock.
    Decent, but let's try and get yourself into the green.

I have a feeling you're not investing much of your money into one share class. Whilst keeping it in cash reduces risk, without putting it into an investment you're reducing your returns. I have literally no money uninvested on the simulator at the moment (except enough for commission costs).

Try and put some more money into a company tommorow and see if you can call correctly on a stock going up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    I like Twitter now :smug:
    Haha say hi to bude from me on twitter! Wrong time to get addicted btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, why do you think Governments are trying to control us?

In 1984, the FTSE 100 index was born. Would love a new world class benchmark index to emerge.
    Yup, well I'm not too sure about the UK but the Us definitely are.

Decent, but let's try and get yourself into the green.

I have a feeling you're not investing much of your money into one share class. Whilst keeping it in cash reduces risk, without putting it into an investment you're reducing your returns. I have literally no money uninvested on the simulator at the moment (except enough for commission costs).

Try and put some more money into a company tommorow and see if you can call correctly on a stock going up.
    I do invest all my money .
    I invested like 96k to make the $1000, I know it's not a lot but I was happy to make a profit because it was loosing me money before.

And I don't actually call whether or not stocks will go up or down.. I just invest in companies by looking at the graphs and guessing whether it will increase or decrease; stupid I know but I haven't had time to read the article on factors affecting stock and how to determine whether you should invest in a stock.

ReputationRep:
    i have never thought i would be saying this but i actually enjoy revising! particularly for french and geography yay

:france:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    i have never thought i would be saying this but i actually enjoy revising! particularly for french and geography yay

:france:
    Really? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am getting really annoyed atm with some people on this forum atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    I am getting really annoyed atm with some people on this forum atm.
    Is it me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Governments trying to control us.I'm saying it now, In the future it will be like 1984
    Tin foil hat anyone? Only joking! I wouldn't say it's that bad, but things can get very bad very quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

In other news, 2/3 of SHM have formed a new project called departures. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    Tin foil hat anyone? Only joking! I wouldn't say it's that bad, but things can get very bad very quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sandy hook was definitely an inside job, the gvmnt used it as an excuse to increase gun control so people won't be able to fight back.

I have a feeling that the Boston bombings were also planned and the gvmnt will use it to make the public agree with them implementing more surveillance measures. I don't think they'll find out who did it on purpose.

The Us is heading towards becoming a Totalitarian state!

ReputationRep:
    Sandy hook was definitely an inside job, the gvmnt used it as an excuse to increase gun control so people won't be able to fight back.

I have a feeling that the Boston bombings were also planned and the gvmnt will use it to make the public agree with them implementing more surveillance measures. I don't think they'll find out who did it on purpose.

Are you actually insane? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Burger was nice

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Awwe... Some people need blessing. Though others just do it for pure attention. -_- I found out teachers are nicer to their lower set students, the same teachers I had before actually have personalities with their new classes. why?!

Haha indeed! I am the least of their worries however, my friend runs away from boys. She's THAT scared of them. Haha I'm a pretty social person (in real life) and get along with anyone... I think i'll survive. hahaha woww... I don't know who to feel sorry for?! At my school theres always pregnancy rumours, everyones pregnant at one point lol

Blaaah... I love it when naughty people get punished. Haha justice needs to be served! The girls at my school LOVE to pick fights, the day before half term these girls were acting up so much because i told them to be quiet during my assessment. They came to the lunch hall trying to intimidate me and they looked so pathetic...i was like... If only i didnt have exams. When i saw the girls alone, they couldn't even look at me. Frustrates me that these girls feel the need to impress their friends in order to have confidence.

Lolololoool! I was reading that and thinking "woaah... Cliché!" ... Thank god it was deliberate. You'd be the perfect match-breaker! Haha a real situation would defo be more entertaining!

Haha we must live for these heroic moments! Congrats!

Loool, i shall indulge you tomorrow with their responses. We also found this disgusting hair bubble on the floor, picked it up and took it to the leisure/maintenance reception and we told them to put it in the lost and found, the guy was laughing so much. Last time we took a broom to them and made up a story about my friend tripping over it and it was hilarious. She was acting and making it so dramatic. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or we could educate them? Those are just lost souls. I've seen that, my set two English class in year nine was much more relaxed than any others, but I think that was just the teacher. They might feel sorry for them?

Oh dear. Afraid of boys. That certainly is something to tell the boyfriend... oh...well... Funnily enough, most people who are supposedly pregnant leave the school, but there was one who didn't, she said she had a miscarriage but no one would believe her, yet they believed some much worse stuff.

Alas, most of the time nothing's done about it, but it's always funny watching someone get shouted at! People seem to enjoy arguing, they can't not fight! It's amazing what having a mask will do to a person.

It was awfully clichéed! It's not really fun unless you just say something like 'it's not her, it's you, just face it, you two very a rubbish couple and only wanted to be more popular'.

:rofl: A hair bubble!? 'Last time' is this a regular occurence?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

To be fair, I do think that if you look at these events in a certain way, it could seem like there's an ulterior motive, but currently, I don't think that they do.

The US is almost never going to agree to much gun control!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

How was Sandy Hook an inside job? Do you have any evidence for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    Or we could educate them? Those are just lost souls. I've seen that, my set two English class in year nine was much more relaxed than any others, but I think that was just the teacher. They might feel sorry for them?

Oh dear. Afraid of boys. That certainly is something to tell the boyfriend... oh...well... Funnily enough, most people who are supposedly pregnant leave the school, but there was one who didn't, she said she had a miscarriage but no one would believe her, yet they believed some much worse stuff.

Alas, most of the time nothing's done about it, but it's always funny watching someone get shouted at! People seem to enjoy arguing, they can't not fight! It's amazing what having a mask will do to a person.

It was awfully clichéed! It's not really fun unless you just say something like 'it's not her, it's you, just face it, you two very a rubbish couple and only wanted to be more popular'.

:rofl: A hair bubble!? 'Last time' is this a regular occurence?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What I've learnt from being in the C class is that the girls are pushed hard enough, they're spoon fed and treated like babies. On MONDAY they were taught metric units ... No joke, after the exam.

Hahaha... I'd be surprised if she has a bf, she crosses the road when she sees boys. Ahh... Young girls ruin their lives by getting pregnant... Nothing to be proud of. :/

Lol fair enough the girls want to argue/fight with me but the way they needed to come as a class. I just sat there and carried on eating lol. If they're so hyped they can come to me alone, other-wise they can bugger off... You ever been in a fight?

Lololol... You're meaaaan!! Haha you needa tell me if you ever break up with someone

Haha yup! The guys that work at the leisure desk are sooo moody and scary! We give each other dares and approach them lol! Thrill seeking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're last :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl3:
    I know you're 4th

ReputationRep:
    If it's any consolation, I lost $7000 in one go today after leaving an investment going when I should have exited yesterday.
    But you've gained that back I haven't

ReputationRep:
    Music homework *kills self*

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.