Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magdatrix >_<)
    Because I rang up and requested over the phone that she writes one - she seemed to want me to make an appointment first (which is tricky atm as I'm 130 miles away >_< )

And the person that said I needed a letter pretty much said that all it needs to say is to confirm that I've seen the GP about the anxiety/depression issues that I have...

Really irritating!
    Did you explain the issue with distance? That is quite awkward, sadly I'd expect that it's some kind of policy that they have to review a patient in person before writing letters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Did you explain the issue with distance? That is quite awkward, sadly I'd expect that it's some kind of policy that they have to review a patient in person before writing letters.
    Yeah I did, and I said I probably wouldn't be back in the area until the end of summer break...she just said something along the lines of "well make an appointment when you come back then, perhaps we should have more regular appointments blah blah" and then, because I said the main thing I was talking to the mental health support team about was to do with exams, "that's a long way off, so it's not that important right now"

To which I perhaps *should* have replied: It's important to me to get this sorted now so that I have one less thing to stress me out during semester time, and something to make life that tiny bit less scary. Or something.

I felt so fobbed off, anyway. So I explained to the MH support person what was going on, and she asked if I had any older/similar letters that I could give in the mean time.

And I can't damn find any, except an ancient CAMHS appointment card Although I had a consultant psychiatrists's (who I saw ONCE >_< ) "summing-me-up" letter from February that I assume is still on my records from when I saw a wellbeing advisor at student support...d'you think they'll let me have a copy to give as "in-the-mean-time evidence"?

Think I'll send some emails tomorrow and see... Sorry this turned into a bit of a mini-essay haha

ReputationRep:
    Not had the best day. Lonely and not coping Failed again at discussing suicidal thoughts with the therapist.

ReputationRep:
    Need to get out of here. Can't stay here. Something gonna happen.
    Don't feel right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello again everyone, I'm really not good at this sort of thing. Ive been reading this lot of posts for the past many days. I don't know any of you really properly but I want to join in with things. Is this ok? You all seem like lovely people and you help each other which is nice. I feel really awkward trying to make new friends normally so won't make this sort of post again probably but I would like to join in with all of you because you all seem like nice people who know the sort of bad things I go through. I'm sorry for bothering you all but literally don't know wher to turn next etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hi to everyone in this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rrrrrrrr)
    Hello again everyone, I'm really not good at this sort of thing. Ive been reading this lot of posts for the past many days. I don't know any of you really properly but I want to join in with things. Is this ok? You all seem like lovely people and you help each other which is nice. I feel really awkward trying to make new friends normally so won't make this sort of post again probably but I would like to join in with all of you because you all seem like nice people who know the sort of bad things I go through. I'm sorry for bothering you all but literally don't know wher to turn next etc.
    we can be newbies together :cheers:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    I think going with someone else would make it worse (for me personally) cause there's more pressure to keep things together even in the waiting room and stuff. I don't really do people on much of a level at all. I just end up upsetting people and people don't like to be around me. Though thinking a trip back to the docs is probably on the cards as I really dislike being on Mirtaz and whilst I think mood improved temporarily, I feel very low/ 'unsafe' a lot again. Oh the fun. Hope you're doing okay :hugs:
    Fair enough - just be sure and see a doctor soon! :hugs:

I'm good just now - found a house to live in (paying the holding fee tomorrow :crossedf: and I'm having fun on TSR being more and more elaborately facetious (without ever being untruthful :angel:). Is fine silly fun.

(Original post by PonchoKid)
    I'm not, I'm just a useless lump

I told him to go to sleep, he doesn't need to worry about me at all.
    No one does

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: Wake him up, you deserve his help/hugs.

Hello fellow lovely person! :jumphug: What's up? :console:

(Original post by Ladders)
    Hey. Welcome to the society!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Fair enough - just be sure and see a doctor soon! :hugs:

I'm good just now - found a house to live in (paying the holding fee tomorrow :crossedf: and I'm having fun on TSR being more and more elaborately facetious (without ever being untruthful :angel:). Is fine silly fun.

:hugs: Wake him up, you deserve his help/hugs.

Hello fellow lovely person! :jumphug: What's up? :console:

Hey. Welcome to the society!
    He's awake, and I got hugs, but I don't deserve his hugs.nim just **** :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He's awake, and I got hugs, but I don't deserve his hugs.nim just **** :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not ****, you're just under the delusion that you are. We the wise people of MHSS proclaim you to be awesome! :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to you both Feel free to post about anything that is bothering you, or in reply to anything else has posted, or just general chat if you want :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    You're not ****, you're just under the delusion that you are. We the wise people of MHSS proclaim you to be awesome! :wizard:
    It really is true honestly.

I need to breakdown and I can't. I need to get out of here. Away from everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have experienced difficulty getting an appointment letter from the services? i've been waiting since november now from two different referrrals and nada.
    gotta say things aren't great for me at the moment and i don't want to go to a&e again just to see someone...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have experienced difficulty getting an appointment letter from the services? i've been waiting since november now from two different referrrals and nada.
    gotta say things aren't great for me at the moment and i don't want to go to a&e again just to see someone...:confused:
    I know that it can usually take a while for referrals, but that does seem like a very long time - have you (or a friend) tried chasing up either of the referrals? I know that in a friends case, a referral got lost somewhere along the way.

ReputationRep:
    It really is true honestly.

I need to breakdown and I can't. I need to get out of here. Away from everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't need to get away - I know it's hard being around people you love when you feel like you don't deserve them, but if you run away they'll only come running after you, and rightly so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    I know that it can usually take a while for referrals, but that does seem like a very long time - have you (or a friend) tried chasing up either of the referrals? I know that in a friends case, a referral got lost somewhere along the way.
    the girl on reception was sympathetic and said she would chase
    the second was to my cmht around 2 weeks ago, so i guess i can expect something still.

it's hard enough feeling your case is valid enough to justify seeking help, know what im saying?

ReputationRep:
    the girl on reception was sympathetic and said she would chase
    the second was to my cmht around 2 weeks ago, so i guess i can expect something still.

it's hard enough feeling your case is valid enough to justify seeking help, know what im saying?
    Aye, I fully understand that - unfortunately, with a lot of services, you often need to either be able to push for them yourself, or have someone who can help you. Its a sucky situation, but we just have to deal with the system the best we can.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to get away - I know it's hard being around people you love when you feel like you don't deserve them, but if you run away they'll only come running after you, and rightly so!
    I do. No one should come running after me, I'm not worth it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do. No one should come running after me, I'm not worth it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right now you're not in the best position to judge that. :nah:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi. You are very welcome here- the more the merrier! Feel free to join in whenever you want. You can start small, no pressure.

What's the general issues you're having an what point are you currently at regarding any sort of help or treatment? Maybe I can offer a few options or bits of advice about where to turn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.