Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Exact Et toi ?
    Good luck!! I hope you get an interview
    Pareil ! Lorsque je t'ai écris un message hier j'étais en train de plancher sur ma dissert à propos de la chère Bovary qui commence à me saouler un tout petit peu :')
    I hope you get an interview as well !

(Original post by Mairickme)
    J'habite en France moi aussi ! Par contre je suis britannique. Comme toi je demande st anne's
    Je ne m'attendais pas à trouver autant de francophones ici
    Courage ! Tu postules pour quel course ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamara98)
    Pareil ! Lorsque je t'ai écris un message hier j'étais en train de plancher sur ma dissert à propos de la chère Bovary qui commence à me saouler un tout petit peu :'

Et oui nous sommes nombreux xD

Ah, Mme Bovary... quelle joie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emem2011)
    Mine went awfully. I have no chance whatsoever now🙈 I'm so gutted because I love Oxford! I did the third question, how about you?

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I'm applying for biomedical sciences, so I had to write the BMAT too! Also did the third question. I found section 1 awful, section 2 and 3 okay. Just have to wait and see

(Original post by LamantChenille)
      It's noon on Tuesday isn't it?!?
      Ohhh thank you! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
      Anyone else finishing off written work ? : ' )

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone applied to Keble?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by notyous)
      I have! I've literally seen no one else that's applied! what subject?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:Finally find someone!

I applied for EP( experimental psychology),what about you?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kaddy_Dee)
      I spent 10 minutes reading each passage (I picked two), 10 minutes fumbling over a basic plan that was titled "similarities" on one column and "differences" on the other. A two year old could have done better lol. Panicking,I was like "let me write the intro and I'll come back to the plan"... Needless to say, I never returned to it haha. Personally, I LOVED the theme. Some of the past ones were dreadful, though I wish I'd sat last year's paper or the one on mortality/transcience bc those two were a dream.

Did you read all 6 passages? I couldn't be bothered to flick through all of them so I just used the first two and talked about the significance of memories as a method of preservation and as our only way to relive past experiences. Doubt I'll make it into the highest band due my appalling structure but I reckon I did enough to, hopefully, bag an interview. :crossedf: Hope you get one too xx
      I loved the theme too! But I wasted time reading the first four passages...I should have just chosen the first two since those were the ones that I liked straight off.
      I'm sure Oxford realise that due to the limited time, our essays will not be as good as they usually are.
      Sounds like you did a clear introduction, which is important for identifying the key sims/diffs that you will be talking about, so I'm sure you did fine! Plus your ideas sound good too
      I'm really annoyed because I thought it was all going well until the last 15 minutes when my fingers went numb so I had trouble holding my pen. It really slowed me down so I didn't manage to do a conclusion! I also feel that most of my essay was based on sims/diffs in relation to the language used by the poets, rather than structure. I did comment on structural element of the two poems but I'm not sure if I addressed this part of the exam question enough... I'm scared I haven't done enough for an interview!
      I think all of us who did the ELAT made the best of the time we had in that exam room. To be honest 1 hr 30 mins is not enough time to read the passages and choose 2 or 3 of them, then annotate them, identify sims/diffs, plan the essay and on top of that write it.

I really hope that we get called for interviews! xx

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone applied to Somerville for English?
      I'm from an international school in Greece don't know if I qualify as an international applicant...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Omni Vanitas)
      Oboe and piano (2nd instrument)!

Awesome! Good luck to you! How did you find the LNAT?
      Oh that's cool, I love the sound of the oboe!
      Thanks! Good luck to you too!
      I found the LNAT OK, but I guess I have to wait anxiously until the results come out...

ReputationRep:
      Pareil ! Lorsque je t'ai écris un message hier j'étais en train de plancher sur ma dissert à propos de la chère Bovary qui commence à me saouler un tout petit peu :'

History And economics bac ES bien sûr !

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ziggyystardust)
      I'm from an international school in Greece don't know if I qualify as an international applicant...
      i don't think it necessarily depends on your school in a different country, perhaps other factors like economic factors, so i think you would probably qualify. Where in Greece do you live? The only international school I know is the American one in Athens because my nona lives in the centre

ReputationRep:
      Anyone else finishing off written work ? : ' )
      Due to send mine on Monday then I can sort of relax and say "alea jacta est".
      Good luck to us all! Hope we get to interviews

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by magic_is_might)
      i don't think it necessarily depends on your school in a different country, perhaps other factors like economic factors, so i think you would probably qualify. Where in Greece do you live? The only international school I know is the American one in Athens because my nona lives in the centre
      Ahh so you have connections to Greece, thats so cool! Do you live in the UK?
      I go to St. Catherine's School in Athens

ReputationRep:
      Ahh so you have connections to Greece, thats so cool! Do you live in the UK?
      I go to St. Catherine's School in Athens
      yeah my mum's from Athens so I have family there, but we live in London. Ah I hadn't realized there was more than one international school in Athens apart from the one that seems to always be advertised on tv.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by magic_is_might)
      Hey! I have applied to Somerville for English too Good luck...hopefully see you at interviews ahaha :P
      sorry realised i totally just replied to the wrong quote!! x

ReputationRep:
      Yeah I've applied to Somerville for English too! Good luck with ur application

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by notyous)
      Ah cool, psychology is so interesting!!! I've applied for medicine, not expecting to even get an interview though haha

I'm so surprised more people haven't applied to univ tbh, its so nice!!!
      Yeah, I'm surprised too, maybe Univ is not as famous as the others...

How did your entry test go?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Alart)
      Yeah, I'm surprised too, maybe Univ is not as famous as the others...

How did your entry test go?
      There's at least 7 applicants for Univ on here, if my memory serves me correctly. A few more on other threads as well

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lucilou101)
      There's at least 7 applicants for Univ on here, if my memory serves me correctly. A few more on other threads as well

:excited: Cool!
      Which college did you apply and what subject? If you don't mind my asking.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.