Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    This is their standard offer, so they're unlikely to cater. What subjects is she taking now?

In any case, she should notify both UCAS and LSE as soon as possible, as that's what both say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She is now taking fm maths and economics. I agree with you that she should've told them as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyNow)
    She is now taking fm maths and economics. I agree with you that she should've told them as soon as possible.
    Argh... The thing is that they only consider FM as an (extremely desirable) extra rather than as an actual A-Level. Perhaps they'll show some leniency...

In any case, best of luck to her. Hopefully they'll make an exception.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Argh... The thing is that they only consider FM as an (extremely desirable) extra rather than as an actual A-Level. Perhaps they'll show some leniency...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your reply. The chance in my opinion is very small. Best luck to her.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a decision notification on UCAS track and an email from LSE today at 1:30pm but I am having this panic attack and literally toooo terrified to look at it!!! What should I do?!!! It makes me look like a coward I know but I just can't and too scared to click to open the email or log on UCAS ;((( its been 3 months waiting, almost killed me. And I think it's defo a rejection:-(( in my email the title is just 'an Apdate on your Application'--should the subject just be 'offer 2015' something if u receive an offer instead of just indicating that it's an 'update'....which means rejection? Omg anyone pls just slap across my face or just yell at me to look at the result!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammitung0207)
    I've got a decision notification on UCAS track and an email from LSE today at 1:30pm but I am having this panic attack and literally toooo terrified to look at it!!! What should I do?!!! It makes me look like a coward I know but I just can't and too scared to click to open the email or log on UCAS ;((( its been 3 months waiting, almost killed me. And I think it's defo a rejection:-(( in my email the title is just 'an Apdate on your Application'--should the subject just be 'offer 2015' something if u receive an offer instead of just indicating that it's an 'update'....which means rejection? Omg anyone pls just slap across my face or just yell at me to look at the result!!
    Please look at the result. Most people have had offers.

ReputationRep:
    *slaps you across the face* LOOK AT THE RESULT!!

ReputationRep:
    It's offer Thursday !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a96h)
    *slaps you across the face* LOOK AT THE RESULT!!
    Hahahah thx buddy! I got so many slaps.. Cheerful! Will look at it now ;p

ReputationRep:
    Hahahah thx buddy! I got so many slaps.. Cheerful! Will look at it now ;p
    Good luck🍀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Really? On the FB group it seems like everyone's applied to Urbanest Westminster Bridge
    Most of the people I've talked to and seen on here (=not really reliable!), have chosen either Passfield, Carr-Saunders or Rosebery due to the 30-week contracts.

Urbanest is ultra competitive too though!

ReputationRep:
    My friend, who did Further maths, maths, physics and economics, received her a&f offer today. But the conditions are AAA(E in fm). She dropped physics after submitting her ucas form. So what can she do about this? Argue?
    Why the bleeding heck would she drop a subject after submitting her UCAS form? It is possible that had this information been on the UCAS form originally, she would not have gotten an offer in the first place and may still lose this offer now.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not necessarily. I am only taking Further Maths, Maths & Physics and my offer is AAA.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply. The chance in my opinion is very small. Best luck to her.
    As long as she explains herself, she could be okay. I am only taking Further Maths, Maths & Physics and my offer is AAA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    Not necessarily. I am only taking Further Maths, Maths & Physics and my offer is AAA.
    It says on their website: "Many candidates have completed Further Maths (as either an AS level or a fourth A level)", which means that they consider it as either an AS or as a fourth A2 subject.

Not saying it's not possible. They may very well be happy to change her conditions for all I know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    You know it!
    There are still two 'Offer Thursdays' left in March plus the Monday & Tuesday 30th & 31st so there is still hope.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a shock that she dropped FM
    This is why I take so much interest in what my son does
    i keep asking him questions until I understand fully
    i personally think LSE may consider as one only requires
    pass n FM
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    It says on their website: "Many candidates have completed Further Maths (as either an AS level or a fourth A level)", which means that they consider it as either an AS or as a fourth A2 subject.

Not saying it's not possible. They may very well be happy to change her conditions for all I know!
    It also says this on the LSE website
    Usual standard offer: A level: grades A A A including Mathematics. Further Mathematics or a science is recommended
    which means that they consider it as an A level subject just like many other Universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    It also says this on the LSE website
    Usual standard offer: A level: grades A A A including Mathematics. Further Mathematics or a science is recommended
    which means that they consider it as an A level subject just like many other Universities.
    Well... they should make such disparities clearer (provided you're also referring to the entry requirements for A&F).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Good luck������

It is an offer!!!!!! to read Bsc Social Policy!!!! I a soo thrilled!!

ReputationRep:
    Well... they should make such disparities clearer (provided you're also referring to the entry requirements for A&F).
    I was talking generally.
    It seems that certain departments within LSE want different skill mixes and therefore have different entry requirements.

Generally speaking, in the UK, Further Maths is regarded as a proper A Level and not as an additional AS or A2 subject. I have not encountered any problems with any of my UCAS applications.

In the case of StudyNow's friend, she completed her UCAS form stating that she was taking 3 of the required A levels for her to be considered for a A&F place, and was taking Further Maths as an additional subject. However, once she sent the form off, she dropped Physics. I believe that if she had put that on her UCAS form she would not have gotten the offer because she did not meet the entry requirements.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.