Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I think Wenger will do a deadline day madness.

I think he'll get in a CDM & a CB before then & then on the day he'll wait for a domino effect - hopefully Di Maria to PSG so we can get Cavani or Falcao to Madrid maybe so we could try for Benzema.. I hope

I hope Wenger realises how much we need a striker.. It seems as though everyone else does :/
    You live in a dream world, Benzema sign new deal this Summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    You live in a dream world, Benzema sign new deal this Summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do. I think most of us dream of AW making such signings upfront <3
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool in talks to sign balotelli breaking news on SSN. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    the problem is we wait til the end of the window now all the players are gone

we're being linked with khedira a b2b midfielder but apparently cesc cant play in that role for a similar price.

i heard the line 'we dont need fabregas we have ramsey wilshere and ozil for his position' i felt like punching my screen seeing wilshere still being mentioned like hes relevant fabregas is 5x the player he is and can you imagine how much ramsey would improve playing with someone like fabregas
    Yup. Wenger likes to dither too much.

Genuinely think Wenger should just say **** it. Pay top dollar for a few signings. E.g. break the bank for a Falcao loan as Monaco are struggling financially and Real can't shift Di Maria then buy a big DM like Carvalho, heck even Can would be good, then buy a CB, don't need to be that great a CB, just a decent backup. Chambers looks comfortable enough to be the first sub at CB. Liverpool going for Balotelli is just because they need a second striker when Sturridge is injured, it's pretty clear that Sturridge is the better striker of the two but Balotelli as backup is better than anything Arsenal have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Liverpool in talks to sign balotelli breaking news on SSN. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    "Talks" doesn't mean they'll sign him. Turning into Peggles now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    They probz will tbh. If not then they have a better striker on the way. Balotelli does remind me a little bit of Sturridge but he's a bit more troublesome. It's clear the talent he has, he'd work well playing next to a guy his age, has gone through similar phases in terms of hopping to big clubs and has been shunted out of position too(e.g. first season he played on the wing)

Balotelli will be a hit in England if he comes.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    No.

They'll definitely sign him. 100% guarantee it.
    If this window closes with us not getting someone prolific swear down I'll be so pissed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Pardon?

kmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge > Ballotelli

Nothing to panic about tbh unless Brenda plays them both up front together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arteta is only out for 2 weeks sadly, was hoping for a lengthy spell on the sidelines so AW would get someone in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Better than them being in talks with Cavani or Falcao, proper strikers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Wenger is waiting for the last day I just think he doesn't think he's found some one suitable to replace Arteta this window (in his eyes)

CB will be covered with Manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Wenger on signings: "We are not in an emergency case but we are open to any opportunity to strengthen our defensive department."

This guyyy mann.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger on signings: "We are not in an emergency case but we are open to any opportunity to strengthen our defensive department."

This guyyy mann.
    He did tell us early on he wasn't going for any more strikers and we haven't been linked with any tbh

There won't be a signing bigger then Sanchez this window

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I don't think Wenger is waiting for the last day I just think he doesn't think he's found some one suitable to replace Arteta this window (in his eyes)

CB will be covered with Manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And 4th will be occupied by us again if that's the case. We should have gotten a ST and DM at the beginning of the damn window ffs.

Everyone was in hysterics over the signing of Alexis, great and all but other than that, all we've done is replace the players that have gone out, and brought in Alexis.

Now if we hadn't brought in Sanchez and just got Ospina, Chambers and Debuchy, people would be furious because they haven't addressed the issues in the team. If we don't get a DM and a ST, sod this ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Better than them being in talks with Cavani or Falcao, proper strikers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cavani...meh. I'll still take him though.

But still, gives them that fear factor and can finish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    And 4th will be occupied by us again if that's the case. We should have gotten a ST and DM at the beginning of the damn window ffs.

Everyone was in hysterics over the signing of Alexis, great and all but other than that, all we've done is replace the players that have gone out, and brought in Alexis.

Now if we hadn't brought in Sanchez and just got Ospina, Chambers and Debuchy, people would be furious because they haven't addressed the issues in the team. If we don't get a DM and a ST, sod this ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't disagree tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli is 4 or so years younger than Cavani and about 5 than Falcao. Got to say he is someone with time on his side to get to the top still. It's a risk, but so was Suarez when he joined to be fair.

Surprised Arsenal never seemed to have any interest for him tbh.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He did tell us early on he wasn't going for any more strikers and we haven't been linked with any tbh

There won't be a signing bigger then Sanchez this window

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I cri evryteim.

ReputationRep:
    I cri evryteim.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.