Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How are you feeling right now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Very anxious for two reasons:

a) I am starting to despise my work because of my colleagues, I don't want to go in. :no::no:
    b) If the guy who asked me out last night doesn't turn up for my answer, I will be so disappointed.

I need a comforting huggle. :cry:
    What is your answer?

Are you going to cry if I hug you?

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    What is your answer?

Are you going to cry if I hug you?
    My answer will be a yes.

That would depend on what mood I am in when you hug me. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Very anxious for two reasons:

a) I am starting to despise my work because of my colleagues, I don't want to go in. :no::no:
    b) If the guy who asked me out last night doesn't turn up for my answer, I will be so disappointed.

I need a comforting huggle. :cry:
    what have your colleagues done to make you despise work? mine don't show up and leave me to do it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Thank you Have you been feeling better the last few days?

Ahh, that's good! As long as you find it interesting

Without a doubt. Having someone there to talk to, even for a little while, can be helpful.

Yeah, have been feeling a bit more motivated the last few days so just hoping it carries on will have a look at that, thank you

Agreed. Sometimes we have to find some inspiration from somewhere to make sure we shrug off those thoughts.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahh, yeah I get you. For me, I don't think my parents understand and don't think they will. They can see when I am having a crappy day, but they aren't the kind of people that I can talk to about it properly. Haha, yep Indian parents/family :sad: I get the guilty thing, but you didn't choose to be depressed and so, although, it is fair enough that you don't want them to see you suffering, you shouldn't feel guilty about it (in my opinion).

Ahh, yeah I watch loads of videos on anxiety and depression too sometimes at the completely wrong time and I end up triggering myself. Haha, I am the same with my youngest brother too. He always makes me smile or laugh and it just brightens the day even though they don't completely understand, they can be so helpful.
    :hugs:
    No worries at all! Yes, I've been feeling much better for the last few days Yesterday, I dipped down a bit because I had nasty visions of me going through suicide in my 'dream' which was uncomfortable to 'watch' :ashamed2: How about yourself?

Haha, yes! Indeedy At first, I thought I was going to hate Business because I pledged that I never did business at school and found the concept of it so tedious so here I was actually doing Business for the first time and I thought that I was going to be miserable at it because my heart was set on doing Psychology and that didn't work out.. but actually Business is quite good contrary to what I thought before But I still will pursue a degree in Psychology!

Oh yeah, so true. Even if it is only a little while, really opening up and discussing your feelings can alleviate those horrible thoughts temporarily

Good! That's what I like to hear. Keep going and I'm here to motivate you too! I hate seeing people who have the potential to be amazing but don't have the motivation or are struggling to become amazing in some way or another, so I'm here!

Yep, totally! Usually, I often inspire myself by talking to my sister or searching up people who struggled in the past but are now really successful individuals and it makes me feel a lot better
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Good, I'm glad you do aha. Right, you're not the only one - I can definitely relate to that. Aha I know right, the joy of having your Indian parents understanding mental illnesses - this is always their reaction to everything: :slap: . Yeah, absolutely I understand your point of view and think that's correct

Ahh, snap then! :beer: (couldn't find the hi5 emoji ) Oh yes, I do the same and it's annoying afterwards, because you're sulking for the rest of the day even. Aww that's sweet Well, at least we both having optimistic siblings who teach us that looking through rose tinted glasses and standing up for yourself is not a bad thing after all.

ReputationRep:
    Like a little raindrop that's just hit the concrete. The impact causes the raindrop to split into little, smaller raindrops. The people walking the pavements then step on these little smaller raindrops causing them to be split further into teeny weeny raindrops which are eventually scattered across the street. This happens until the raindrop that initially hit the ground no longer exists as little smaller raindrops or even teeny weeny raindrops. Its totally been fragmented until virtually nothing remains.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how I feel.
    On the one hand, I want to get up and do stuff and get on with life, which is really positive. But there's a part of me still thinking about the past too much. Why is it so hard to let go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TARS)
    Then explain to me why it was worth posting what you said? To me it simply looks like you're trying to assure yourself.
    No. Because i'm saying i'm happy i'm on the path to my goal.

and im amused you have the need to get some power here...but its not working, because I post as I please here.

ReputationRep:
    I took another step to standard knowledge today. I realised that I have a goal to accomplish, and my ebooks are gettiung traction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24yearsSpurs)
    No. Because i'm saying i'm happy i'm on the path to my goal.

and im amused you have the need to get some power here...but its not working, because I post as I please here.
    I don't need to get any power, I just find it funny that you genuinely believe that you have such secure access to these things - when you're in need of spelling it out to the rest of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TARS)
    I don't need to get any power, I just find it funny that you genuinely believe that you have such secure access to these things - when you're in need of spelling it out to the rest of the world.
    I dont believe you...but then its self evident others views offend you.

ReputationRep:
    P,us it seemms you have aspergers but ok..

ReputationRep:
    I got my first contracttoday. Made anarrangement to write some reports for a firm.

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe you...but then its self evident others views offend you.
    Others views offend me when they are gloating about something which they clearly aren't sure that they have, it's reassuring to spell out what you have access to, otherwise there's no reason for you to be doing this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TARS)
    Others views offend me when they are gloating about something which they clearly aren't sure that they have, it's reassuring to spell out what you have access to, otherwise there's no reason for you to be doing this.
    No..others offend you period. I only respinded since you clearly wanted some power..lolol..fool.2

ReputationRep:
    No..others offend you period. I only respinded since you clearly wanted some power..lolol..fool.2
    i'm clearly not in the same universe as the person I am talking to

ReputationRep:
    In pain and it's a dull day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    No worries at all! Yes, I've been feeling much better for the last few days Yesterday, I dipped down a bit because I had nasty visions of me going through suicide in my 'dream' which was uncomfortable to 'watch' :ashamed2: How about yourself?

Haha, yes! Indeedy At first, I thought I was going to hate Business because I pledged that I never did business at school and found the concept of it so tedious so here I was actually doing Business for the first time and I thought that I was going to be miserable at it because my heart was set on doing Psychology and that didn't work out.. but actually Business is quite good contrary to what I thought before But I still will pursue a degree in Psychology!

Oh yeah, so true. Even if it is only a little while, really opening up and discussing your feelings can alleviate those horrible thoughts temporarily

Good! That's what I like to hear. Keep going and I'm here to motivate you too! I hate seeing people who have the potential to be amazing but don't have the motivation or are struggling to become amazing in some way or another, so I'm here!

Yep, totally! Usually, I often inspire myself by talking to my sister or searching up people who struggled in the past but are now really successful individuals and it makes me feel a lot better
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Good, I'm glad you do aha. Right, you're not the only one - I can definitely relate to that. Aha I know right, the joy of having your Indian parents understanding mental illnesses - this is always their reaction to everything: :slap: . Yeah, absolutely I understand your point of view and think that's correct

Ahh, snap then! :beer: (couldn't find the hi5 emoji ) Oh yes, I do the same and it's annoying afterwards, because you're sulking for the rest of the day even. Aww that's sweet Well, at least we both having optimistic siblings who teach us that looking through rose tinted glasses and standing up for yourself is not a bad thing after all.

That's good to hear! although not to hear about your dream! It must have been scary, I have had a few flashes of some sort of something like that and it is horrible. Yeah, I have been feeling quite good for the last week or so. Just want it to carry on for as long as possible haha.

Yeah, I have never studied business before but did do Economics at A-level and didn't really enjoy it :lol: can I ask why Psychology didn't work out for you? I also really want to do Psychology at uni I'm sure Business isn't too bad, but at times probably can be a bit boring (like everything in life haha).

Temporarily is the key word there. Wish it would be for much longer, at times.

That's nice of you Have only got two exams left (one of which is tomorrow) so should hopefully be okay until exams finish! but thank you I am always here if you ever need to talk or anything too!

Yeah, using others to inspire or even the internet can be really good! The only problem (I find) with the internet is that you can then go and search the completely wrong thing and make yourself feel worse. It can be really quickly too.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I just tend to not really talk about depression with my parents that much, because you know that there is a chance they will just make you feel worse and it isn't worth it. We just have to be extra careful with the things we watch, I guess. I sometimes can't stop myself to watch a documentary about suicide etc and I think that is because I find it interesting, more than anything. I have even asked one of my friends if I should watch it or not lol. Definitely true. We just have to ask the right people at the right time, which can be very hard.

ReputationRep:
    Bored, kind of fed up & slightly lonely :I

ReputationRep:
    i am feeling fooooooooooooooooooooooooodyy

Really really really miserable I need a hug, and all men are docks and all men must die.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.