The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
Oh yes LOL. I got confused with the seat predictions.
Good thing with being a tiny party is that if those predictions are correct, we will double our seat share which is a great success! Small party, small expectations.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Little Toy Gun)
The Greens currently hold only one seat in Brighton Pavilion, by the 2014 MP of the Year, The Hon Dr Caroline Lucas, first ever leader of the Green Party.

It's in the exit poll by the BBC that says the Greens will​ have two seats, possibly Bristol West?
Yeah I corrected myself in another post haha x)

I wonder what the other seat they are predicted to gain is.
---
I didn't even see you make a prediction in your post, jeez I'm blind.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Greens currently hold only one seat in Brighton Pavilion, by the 2014 MP of the Year, The Hon Dr Caroline Lucas, first ever leader of the Green Party.

It's in the exit poll by the BBC that says the Greens will​ have two seats, possibly Bristol West?
I heard #votegreen was trending all day in Bristol but the pollster said that it could be any of our 3 targets.
Baron of Sealand
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
Yeah I corrected myself in another post haha x)

I wonder what the other seat they are predicted to gain is.
(Original post by Aph)
I heard #votegreen was trending all day in Bristol but the pollster said that it could be any of our 3 targets.
It's indeed be quite interesting since I don't think anyone really expected the Greens to win a second seat. The focus was more on getting that 5% vote share nationally.
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Do you reckon the Greens will have managed to hold onto Brighton Pavillion, then?
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the financier)
if he does i'm breaking out the champagne :lol:

posted from tsr mobile
here here!
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If they are left with only 10 seats, it'd be quite obvious that from a vote standpoint the coalition has harmed them greatly. If they continue with it, it's likely that they'll fare even worse.
Well the voters that were left voted for them despite going into coalition, I doubt they'd turn against them the second time around. And you're not taking into account that the Lib Dems were the protest party of the left in 2010. Their core vote remains actually liberal supporters. Furthermore, last time it was a choice between helping labour or Tories. This year it would be the choice of a Tory government with their voice, or a Tory Party propped up by populist and loony parties.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Good thing with being a tiny party is that if those predictions are correct, we will double our seat share which is a great success! Small party, small expectations.
A Mormon-church-being-the-fastest-growing-church-world-wide teas.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aoxa)
Do you reckon the Greens will have managed to hold onto Brighton Pavillion, then?
Definitely. Lucas won't be kicked out, only the libs stood any cance of doing so.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
Well the voters that were left voted for them despite going into coalition, I doubt they'd turn against them the second time around. And you're not taking into account that the Lib Dems were the protest party of the left in 2010. Their core vote remains actually liberal supporters. Furthermore, last time it was a choice between helping labour or Tories. This year it would be the choice of a Tory government with their voice, or a Tory Party propped up by populist and loony parties.
Yes but my point is another coalition is unlikely to help them rebuild the party, whether voters turned their back because they were on the left or now they vote Con because they don't think there's any point voting LD.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aoxa)
That has been very consistent throughout all the polls though it's a battleground seat.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
If he does I'm breaking out the champagne :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to wake up my daughter and bring the house down (I'm a bad mother).
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Definitely. Lucas won't be kicked out, only the libs stood any cance of doing so.
Labour was second in 2010, not the Liberals. But both Lab and Lib are having new candidates.

I believe it's a Labour target seat.

---

I cannot at Ed Balls doing damage control on ITV. He looks like he's going to cry.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes but my point is another coalition is unlikely to help them rebuild the party, whether voters turned their back because they were on the left or now they vote Con because they don't think there's any point voting LD.
There's no reason why it would hinder them though.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Labour was second in 2010, not the Liberals. But both Lab and Lib are having new candidates.

I believe it's a Labour target seat.

---

I cannot at Ed Balls doing damage control on ITV. He looks like he's going to cry.
Ahh ok, but I still can't believe that she will lose.
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That has been very consistent throughout all the polls though it's a battleground seat.
Perhaps, but as is it a battleground seat, there is still a small chance it could change to labour, or even tory.
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Results for Sunderland Central in. Lib Dems barely scrape past 1000 votes. Tories remains 2nd. Labour increased their majority significantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Labour hold Sunderland Central

Posted from TSR Mobile
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aoxa)
Perhaps, but as is it a battleground seat, there is still a small chance it could change to labour, or even tory.
lol no. It's between Lab and the Grn.

---

Second result's in!

Labour won with more votes, UKIP once again No 2 with a massive surge, LD behind the Grns again to be under 3%.
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HEY at least the libs got over 1000 this time??
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads