Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!! I sat the UKCAT today at 8:45 and would love a few suggestions regarding where is best to apply and avoid in regards to my score:

VR-640
    QR-800
    AR-620
    STJ- Band 1

I initially intended to apply to Cardiff, Birmingham, Newcastle and Liverpool. Would you say these are sensible choices regarding my average? I'm happy with my results considering I went in expecting failure due to my inability to believe in myself and just want to maximise my chances of getting into medical school this year so I don't have to resit the wretched thing🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    Is a two week subscription to medify good enough to improve my skills?
    yess! Medify is really good and you can get a lot done in two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    In the real exam, is it possible to get partial (1/2) marks for SJ? So if the correct answer was C, and you clicked D, would you get 1/2 marks?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarabegum12)
    In the real exam, is it possible to get partial (1/2) marks for SJ? So if the correct answer was C, and you clicked D, would you get 1/2 marks?
    Thanks
    Yes. If you got the correct answer you would get 4 marks but if you were one place away, you would get 3 marks. If you were two places away, you would get 2 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    Yes. If you got the correct answer you would get 4 marks but if you were one place away, you would get 3 marks. If you were two places away, you would get 2 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know if the marking scheme is more lenient in the actual exam compared to medify? I read earlier in the thread that people who were getting band 2 on average usually got band 1?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know how you figure out what your UKCAT score is from percentages? For example for Abstract reasoning i am on 66% on Medify and was wondering how I change this to a UKCAT score (as in 600/700) ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerrym11)
    Do you know how you figure out what your UKCAT score is from percentages? For example for Abstract reasoning i am on 66% on Medify and was wondering how I change this to a UKCAT score (as in 600/700) ??
    (Percentage correct x 600) + 300.
    Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know which AR mock or website is closest to the actual exam? Did the Kaplan mock and got 630

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    (Percentage correct x 600) + 300.
    Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank Youu!!!!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=11...;67527244]confused how people do sick in VR. jealous lol

ReputationRep:
    the QR is a bit easier in the real exam.

ReputationRep:
    do the decision making questions to get yourself prepared for the sections which count later on. useful tips

ReputationRep:
    you can wear headphones/ear plugs in the exam room to avoid noise

ReputationRep:
    it is where driving theory exams take place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    How many do you have to get right in SJT to get band 1. im averaging out at 45/69 excluding partial marks be idk how they count that.
    band 2 50/69 is roughly band 1

ReputationRep:
    when r the cut-off scores out for the unis. some say november and others say early october...........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    when r the cut-off scores out for the unis. some say november and others say early october...........
    cut off scores in november, ukcat average scores released early october so those averages will give you an idea of how well you've done

ReputationRep:
    What's the ssspn approach the ukcat ninja is talking about in the abstract section?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnyrays07)
    Does anyone know which AR mock or website is closest to the actual exam? Did the Kaplan mock and got 630
    I personally think the UKCAT Mock Test A was rge closest to the actual exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    cut off scores in november, ukcat average scores released early october so those averages will give you an idea of how well you've done
    Where can we find the average scores and cut offs?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.