Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    I'm not quite sure what to call myself now as I'm intercalating next year so I just decided on "medical student" for now. Haha.

Is it sad that I get so excited when I get to change my sig? :ninja:
    What's sad is that I changed it bang on the day that I passed lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Anyone watching 24 hours in A&E??

Stupid lad whinging cos he's waiting in A&E for three hours for an inhaler, 'if I don't get it I'm going to die'

Nah pal, if you can still speak and you've been waiting this long then you're probably going to survive and maybe next time try going to your GP eh?

ARGH.
    I'm loving the "fastest porter in the hospital."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    x
    Met an SHO the other day who was the exact impression of what I thought you would be like. And she was even from exactly the same place as I believe you're from. It was a little bit odd...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Met an SHO the other day who was the exact impression of what I thought you would be like. And she was even from exactly the same place as I believe you're from. It was a little bit odd...
    You weren't in Croydon were you? :eek:

I'm intrigued to hear how you imagine me now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    What's sad is that I changed it bang on the day that I passed lol
    Thats fair enough! It is a momentous occasion to finally finish preclin. I got rid of the "second year" bit of my sig too on like Saturday morning or something. :teeth:

(Original post by Kinkerz)
    "Intercalating medical student"?
    haha. That might work...

:facepalm: on my part...

ReputationRep:
    He was a wee cutie, I wish I had the same enthusiasm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    I'm not quite sure what to call myself now as I'm intercalating next year so I just decided on "medical student" for now. Haha.

Is it sad that I get so excited when I get to change my sig? :ninja:
    Haha same! I'm toying with fate by putting King's there. After all, my offer is conditional.

Next week is going to be the ****test week ever. Reckon it's possible to cram the whole of anatomy and do OSCE prep in just three days?

ReputationRep:
    Two sleeps until results! Now it's time for the mad-dash-political problem of sorting out seating arrangements for the graduation ball in Friday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Haha same! I'm toying with fate by putting King's there. After all, my offer is conditional.

Next week is going to be the ****test week ever. Reckon it's possible to cram the whole of anatomy and do OSCE prep in just three days?
    No, you'd be tempting fate if you put down "Consultant [insert whatever speciality]" in your sig prematurely... :unsure:

All your exams in one week like at Barts? Or? Good Luck!! I think back to the chats we had on the A Level pre results day thread or whatever it was called and laugh at how overly stressed and nervous and keen and dramatic we were back then. Haha. I don't think I've changed much then...:p:

Definitely possible to cram my kinda osce's in 3 days. Not sure how you'd practice your kinda stuff though...external genitalia exam? Breast exam? Maybe if you had uber keen volunteers...

If you've been revising anatomy as you've been going along (which I'm guessing you sorta have), you will be fine. If not, what the hell are you doing on TSR this evening?!?! :p: I joke. You seem like a hard worker so I honestly think you'll be fine dude! Not long to go now though!

ReputationRep:
    Finally picked up 'Trust Me, I'm A Junior Doctor'.. great read so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Two sleeps until results! Now it's time for the mad-dash-political problem of sorting out seating arrangements for the graduation ball in Friday...
    I was tempted to leave it to the demons of fate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    I was tempted to leave it to the demons of fate...
    I don't think they sent me a spreadsheet :/

ReputationRep:
    24 hours until first exam, and pretty sure I don't know anything. Aaaargh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syncope)
    24 hours until first exam, and pretty sure I don't know anything. Aaaargh.
    Good luck I'm sure you know more than you realise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tech)
    Already pre-ordered the third book 'The Doctor will see you now'

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that guy was ace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tech)
    I've got a signed copy He came to speak at one of out numerous societies here last year.

ReputationRep:
    One last day before I submit my SSC work, I hope 55 pages of notes (in size ten) about obs&gyn is enough for 5 weeks work!

Its been a drag...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else see that the Dr that went off to the film crew with Cameron & Clegg has had to take "gardening leave" with no return date set?

ReputationRep:
    lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.