Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    because you knowwwwww

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I discovered Doctor Who last Christmas and the timing was pretty bad because they had been showing re-runs and the new episodes with Capaldi in my country but both of them were coming to an end. I had a couple of friends watching the show but I was somewhat late to all this Doctor Who stuff. I don't have Netflix so now I'm going to my friend's house on a weekly basis to watch the show. I've managed to spoil a lot of the show for myself but I don't care. My fault for being late. It's kind of silly but now I'm even more excited about coming to the UK, thanks to Doctor Who (and Sherlock and QI, but that's another story).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonko-the-sane)
    Hi! I discovered Doctor Who last Christmas and the timing was pretty bad because they had been showing re-runs and the new episodes with Capaldi in my country but both of them were coming to an end. I had a couple of friends watching the show but I was somewhat late to all this Doctor Who stuff. I don't have Netflix so now I'm going to my friend's house on a weekly basis to watch the show. I've managed to spoil a lot of the show for myself but I don't care. My fault for being late. It's kind of silly but now I'm even more excited about coming to the UK, thanks to Doctor Who (and Sherlock and QI, but that's another story).
    Have you watched prior series? Season 4 (with Tate as the assistant) is probably best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Have you watched prior series? Season 4 (with Tate as the assistant) is probably best.
    Well, I've watched series 1 and 2 and I've started series 3. Then I've also seen a episode here and there, like the last two Christmas specials, the anniversary episode and some episodes with 11, mostly towards the end, just before Capaldi.

ReputationRep:
    you should watch some classic episodes, stories like genesis of the daleks are better than any of the new ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    you should watch some classic episodes, stories like genesis of the daleks are better than any of the new ones
    I'd love to watch classic Doctor Who as well. My whovian friends aren't as excited as I am, though. At the moment I'm only able to watch new episodes but I guess I could buy some DVDs online or something.

ReputationRep:
    I'd welcome the prospect of series 9 being solely two part episodes, allows for much more flexibility in the narrative of the story and avoids rushing everything at the end which appears to happen with most of the standalone episodes. Would really like to see decent new monsters though, Moffat has already exhausted the Weeping Angels and the Silence. Could perhaps avoid the Daleks and the Cybermen as well (Cybermen haven't had a half decent story since The Next Doctor).

ReputationRep:
    Season 8 was rubish, make a link to get moffat fired hes gone downhill after the libary episode

Paul McGann is and always will be my favourite Doctor. After I watched series 8, though, Peter Capaldi definitely comes in at a close second place. Capaldi's one liners in series 8 were funny as hell, as you can see in the video I've posted above.

Just incase you all forgot that the twelfth Doctor is Scottish.

ReputationRep:
    Take it everyone has seen the new Season Trailer.
    It looks amazing!
    http://youtu.be/fi3nJBlJs48

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by EverybodyLies04)
    Take it everyone has seen the new Season Trailer.
    It looks amazing!
    http://youtu.be/fi3nJBlJs48
    No, I actually hadn't - thanks so much for posting it!

Does Peter Capaldi's Doctor actually remember the events of The Day of the Doctor (where he saves Gallifrey), or has he forgotten it all now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    Does Peter Capaldi's Doctor actually remember the events of The Day of the Doctor (where he saves Gallifrey), or has he forgotten it all now?
    He remembers, hence why the Master was able to play him.

ReputationRep:
    No bother

Posted from TSR Mobile

He remembers, hence why the Master was able to play him.
    Do you think he'll ever find Gallifrey again?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think he'll ever find Gallifrey again?
    At the end of a season, yes. Which one though, who knows.

At the end of a season, yes. Which one though, who knows.
    What do you mean by "which one"?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by "which one"?
    Well it may not be this season, they can drag it out for years.

Well it may not be this season, they can drag it out for years.
    Oh, I thought you were implying there were several Gallifreys to find :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.