The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A193
I got an email from LSE about an hour ago saying:

"I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle."

They also said that they will get back to me in 4 weeks
Just want to clarify, does this email mean that ive definitely got an offer or do I still have a chance of getting a rejection?

Btw ive applied for BSc Economics

Unfortunately they still may reject you :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 4501
Original post by tan11
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same email on the 13th December! 4 weeks excluding holidays, are up today don't know if I should be worried

I still havn't heard either as u knw i am in the same boat as you lool i hope longer they take the better the result is
Original post by yogurtpot
"I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle."for sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was this at the end of your 7 week cycle? When did you apply?
Original post by pranatirao
Was this at the end of your 7 week cycle? When did you apply?

Applied on the 13th of November. And yes, this is after my 7 week email. Now another 4 week wait ahead....
Any offers for philosophy and economics today??
Reply 4505
Yeah I'm not too sure about that now. I've wasted my evening stalking some of the older threads, and generally when the reply times push into march, we can expect the worst :frown: That's only my findings, it may be utter BS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4506
Original post by tan11
Yeah I'm not too sure about that now. I've wasted my evening stalking some of the older threads, and generally when the reply times push into march, we can expect the worst :frown: That's only my findings, it may be utter BS

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think they are going to take too long from the deadline day unless they email saying another extension. fingers crossed that our offers are in post or nxt week or something :smile:
Applied on the 13th of November. And yes, this is after my 7 week email. Now another 4 week wait ahead....

Ahh i applied on the 26th of november and got their 7 week email on 6th of December, so my deadline technically is 7th of February
So I was reading this thread and was wondering if LSE sends an e-mail if they make an offer or do they just update it on UCAS Track?? I haven't checked my UCAS track for a while and was wondering if a decision is lingering out there!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by priya2008
So I was reading this thread and was wondering if LSE sends an e-mail if they make an offer or do they just update it on UCAS Track?? I haven't checked my UCAS track for a while and was wondering if a decision is lingering out there!

They email you if you get an offer/rejection but even if they didn't, you would receive an email that your UCAS Track was updated.
There'll be silence on this thread, until Wednesday swings by.
Original post by epicfail13
There'll be silence on this thread, until Wednesday swings by.

They've given some rejections on Tuesday so you never know.
At least I wasn't rejected on my Birthday. So, if it's next week, I don't care haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh i applied on the 26th of november and got their 7 week email on 6th of December, so my deadline technically is 7th of February

The waiting is torture, but its better than a refection. What did you apply for?
Has anyone waited over 6 weeks and not gotten any sort of email? It's been 9 weeks since application and the only email I've received is the Christmas email (which at least serves as an acknowledgement of my application I hope).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4515
What are the chances of getting a rejection after receiving the "stronger application in your cohort" email?
The waiting is torture, but its better than a refection. What did you apply for?

sociology aswell!
Yesterday my 9 weeks finished, no reply, lse went over their deadline.
sociology aswell!

What are your predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking?
What are your predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking?

39 in the IB and you?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending