Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Aph)
    why was it even allowed to be repealed after 2 weeks? It seems kinda stupid

We don't have one in the greens but all you have to do is look at the loonies to see why they can help
    interesting
    Ukip?

I'm honestly not sure who the Greens consider loonies?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Ukip?

I'm honestly not sure who the Greens consider loonies?
    No, the old monster raving looney party:/ I don't consider any party a loony

Their leader was never replaced for 5 terms & it lead to stagnation and a dictatorship from what I understand, which killed the party.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    We have no rules regarding how quickly an amendment can be repealed. And the initial motion passed by a very tight margin, some felt that a few of the voters weren't active enough members of the MHoC to truly understand the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Many party members felt it wouldn't be right nor democratic that a party had to force out leadership that they felt strong and able, due to a term limit. We believe and continue to believe that we have a strong leader and have no aims on setting a countdown on his leadership. So long as the party remains confident in its leader which I'm sure it will Ray will remain leader of TSR Labour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    We have no rules regarding how quickly an amendment can be repealed. And the initial motion passed by a very tight margin, some felt that a few of the voters weren't active enough members of the MHoC to truly understand the situation.
    :eek: labour supports selective disenfranchisement when things don't go their own way?!
    And if it had been a bill speaker would've rejected.
    (Original post by junaidk7)
    Many party members felt it wouldn't be right nor democratic that a party had to force out leadership that they felt strong and able, due to a term limit. We believe and continue to believe that we have a strong leader and have no aims on setting a countdown on his leadership. So long as the party remains confident in its leader which I'm sure it will Ray will remain leader of TSR Labour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    again look at the loonies to see where that will get you
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    :eek: labour supports selective disenfranchisement when things don't go their own way?!
    And if it had been a bill speaker would've rejected.
    again look at the loonies to see where that will get you
    *sigh* There was no 'Labour's way' and there was no disenfranchisement. There was a debate. A motion passed. Some people disagreed. There was a second debate. It got repealed.

Calm yourself.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    *sigh* There was no 'Labour's way' and there was no disenfranchisement. There was a debate. A motion passed. Some people disagreed. There was a second debate. It got repealed.

Calm yourself.
    Can I remind you of the below.
    , some felt that a few of the voters weren't active enough members of the MHoC to truly understand the situation.
    If that is the case can we expect a bill from labour or a labour MP introducing political tests in order to be allowed to vote?

ReputationRep:
    what was the motion?

And I see no reason for Ray to stand down when the Party has no problems wiht him and there's no reason to think he's reduce our votes.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    Can I remind you of the below.

If that is the case can we expect a bill from labour or a labour MP introducing political tests in order to be allowed to vote?
    And those same voters had the opportunity to vote once the debate had been extended and new opinions had been brought in. There was no disenfranchisement.

Aph I get that you dislike my party and myself (as evidenced by the insults you're yet to apologise for) but you really need to calm yourself. This is just petty and silly.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by APlantinga)
    what was the motion?

And I see no reason for Ray to stand down when the Party has no problems wiht him and there's no reason to think he's reduce our votes.
    They're talking about the Term Limits Amendment which was passed and then repealed.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    And those same voters had the opportunity to vote once the debate had been extended and new opinions had been brought in. There was no disenfranchisement.

Aph I get that you dislike my party and myself (as evidenced by the insults you're yet to apologise for) but you really need to calm yourself. This is just petty and silly.
    So why would that be a reason to re-vote? May I ask how long it takes you to amend your constitution?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    So why would that be a reason to re-vote? May I ask how long it takes you to amend your constitution?
    Firstly, I seconded the original motion and didn't propose, second or vote for the repeal. So I'm currently not defending my own actions but the actions of two MPs who felt the original amendment (which I had a hand in writing) shouldn't have passed (which it did by one vote) because some of the voters, not being 'MHoCers' didn't understand exactly what their decision meant. They then pushed forward a repeal (as they are allowed to do by the party constitution) which is not quite the same as a revote. This time the idea of Term Limits was rejected overwhelmingly. The decision was accepted begrudgingly by myself and the primary author of the Term Limits Amendment.

Amending our Constitution takes at least 7 and at most 10 days.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    There was no "re-vote" - a new motion was submitted to me calling for the repeal of the Term Limits Amendment. Given the lack of precedent for a repeal so soon, and the fact that the results of the poll didn't match the comments in the debate particularly well, I decided that there was no reason not to allow the motion to be submitted. The second time, the poll was public as I was interested to see why the debate and the result didn't match - but this time they did.

Constitutional amendments are timed as follows:
    Day 0: A Private Message will be sent to all party members informing them of the motion.
    Day 3: Voting begins subsequent to this point, initially lasting 4 days.
    Day 7: If the motion has had at least 10 votes, the voting closes. Otherwise the voting is extended for a further 3 days.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just for information:

APlantinga is proxying St. Brynjar until Monday.
    Saoirse:3 is proxying KingStannis until Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Why do you hate Labour so much ?

did you loose a school council election to a Labour candidate
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by James222)
    Why do you hate Labour so much ?

did you loose a school council election to a Labour candidate
    Your leader can tell you all about that, or probably not...

I actually won it against a Tory :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

I actually won it against a Tory :smug:
    I think you should move on and debate policy rather than people or groups.

Life is too short to hold grudges , its even more sad when its minority on minority violence
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by James222)
    I think you should move on and debate policy rather than people or groups.

Life is too short to hold grudges , its even more sad when its minority on minority violence
    I do debate policy...

& violence is a bit extreme here don't you think?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    Actually I'd like to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I do debate policy...

& violence is a bit extreme here don't you think?
    Im sorry if you but the impression i get is you just look for who proposed it and then try to find things to disagree with

I think mental water boarding is more appropriate

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.