Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Super Juicy CURRENT YEAR 11 (2012-13) THREAD Mark VI watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by gomg)
    Just saw the trailer for 'The Purge' - the storyline sounds interesting but the film itself looks awful
    I'm going to see that with a friend on the day of her last exam . It looks super cheesy but should be entertaining at least
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by izzyyc)
    ooh lucky me errmmm, for a-level im hoping to study psychology, economics, history and biology (if i get the grade- you need an A to do it at my school and i messed up the exam)

uni im not completely sure yet, maybe business or like social sciences

youve probably already said a million times, but what about you?
    Economics! :woo:

Studying Maths, Further Maths, Additional Further Maths (:facepalm:), Economics and Computing at A-Level I'd like to take either an Economics or a Mathematics degree and work in a decent proprietary trading firm in Hong Kong.

And wow, you get to live in Warwickshire! :eek: I would love to live (or study) in Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    I didn't know about that until I opened the exam paper.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It threw me for a little while because I just cannot spell and when I write I sometimes start the word in the middle and have to go back to the front to finish it...

I also thought they applied to every 6 marker, apparently it's only one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ooh lucky me errmmm, for a-level im hoping to study psychology, economics, history and biology (if i get the grade- you need an A to do it at my school and i messed up the exam)

uni im not completely sure yet, maybe business or like social sciences

youve probably already said a million times, but what about you?
    Hey! Welcome!

You've got such a diverse range of subjects! Really interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Haha omg. I noticed that AFTER the exam and i was like... Woah. At least you noticed. And i know exactly what you mean! Lol during my sociology exam i wasn't listening when the invigilator told us to read the front sheet and so when i opened the answer booklet i was like "somethings not right"... Habahahsh had to read it all again and nearly cried. ::

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha, I wrote more for those 5 markers than any of my 6 markers...

Ouch, what did you need to read?

Oh god, I had a panic before my Biology because everyone in the row next to me had an H on their paper and I didn't so I was convinced I had a foundation paper and throughout the whole thing thought I would leave and realise I did the wrong thing, but it turns out the triple exam isn't split into higher and foundation and I was sat next to a row of dual scientists. I'm such a worrier :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theslowbaker)
    Hey i am doing OCR
    Are you doing Britain 1890-1918
    I'm doing the Britain paper, which is the other one you're doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    It threw me for a little while because I just cannot spell and when I write I sometimes start the word in the middle and have to go back to the front to finish it...

I also thought they applied to every 6 marker, apparently it's only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg I thought I was the only one :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    Economics! :woo:

Studying Maths, Further Maths, Additional Further Maths (:facepalm:), Economics and Computing at A-Level I'd like to take either an Economics or a Mathematics degree and work in a decent proprietary trading firm in Hong Kong.

And wow, you get to live in Warwickshire! :eek: I would love to live (or study) in Warwick.
    that sounds hard.. im not a fan of maths and i dont think its that exciting, im in the south where theres loads of small villages.. but yeah warwick itself is cool- the uni is good for maths etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hey! Welcome!

You've got such a diverse range of subjects! Really interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey
    it is quite a range but i guess its because i dont know what i want to do yet i hope it works out ok haha

ReputationRep:
    Am I late?

My options for A-levels: Maths, Chemistry, History and French/English Literature

University plans: Clueless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    Hahaha, I wrote more for those 5 markers than any of my 6 markers...

Ouch, what did you need to read?

Oh god, I had a panic before my Biology because everyone in the row next to me had an H on their paper and I didn't so I was convinced I had a foundation paper and throughout the whole thing thought I would leave and realise I did the wrong thing, but it turns out the triple exam isn't split into higher and foundation and I was sat next to a row of dual scientists. I'm such a worrier :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looool wasn't it the 8 markers that are assessed on SPAG? Damn for the first one i was writing craaap. :/

Haha i needed to read how to answer the Q's and put the numbers into margins and leave 2 lines. Lol

LOOOL omg! Same here! I looked at my english question paper last week and all i saw was "anthology" and i was like to te invigilator "omg.. This isnt the right paper" because i thought it wa poetry. I made her look
    Through it and confirm it for me. ::

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Omg I thought I was the only one :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you seriously do that!? I told my English teacher that and he told me if it were true they need to make a documentary about me :lol: I thought I was the only one! It's such an inconvenience -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey
    it is quite a range but i guess its because i dont know what i want to do yet i hope it works out ok haha
    Ahh I was going to ask what you were hoping to do with such a range. Lol I guess being open in choice is really good, but it has the disadvantage of cutting off careers that require really specific subjects such as medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey
    Oh hey I live near Warwick...Coventry lol! I guess we own Warwick University though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Looool wasn't it the 8 markers that are assessed on SPAG? Damn for the first one i was writing craaap. :/

Haha i needed to read how to answer the Q's and put the numbers into margins and leave 2 lines. Lol

LOOOL omg! Same here! I looked at my english question paper last week and all i saw was "anthology" and i was like to te invigilator "omg.. This isnt the right paper" because i thought it wa poetry. I made her look
    Through it and confirm it for me. ::

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe we had a different exam, the biggest questions for us were 6 marks (well, 10 if you include the 4 marks for SPaG)

Oh, haha :') I think I only left one line on one of my answers because i was 2 mins from finishing and was adding to an answer...oops

Hahaha! So I'm not the only one! I told my friends and they just said 'only you Mol', hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Ahh I was going to ask what you were hoping to do with such a range. Lol I guess being open in choice is really good, but it has the disadvantage of cutting off careers that require really specific subjects such as medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no yeah i did know it would cut off scientific paths but i was pretty sure i didnt want to go down that route.. im not good with blood ahha
    what are you hoping to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confucian)
    Oh hey I live near Warwick...Coventry lol! I guess we own Warwick University though
    haha Coventrys cool.. well cooler than where i live anyway
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    that sounds hard.. im not a fan of maths and i dont think its that exciting, im in the south where theres loads of small villages.. but yeah warwick itself is cool- the uni is good for maths etc
    Everyone has their advantages and weaknesses. I'd fail completely at Biology and Psychology for example.

Life in the South is rather boring at the moment though. Nothing's ever exciting in Southampton... At least you have some interesting places and a fantastic Uni nearby!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by popburrow)
    Am I late?

My options for A-levels: Maths, Chemistry, History and French/English Literature

University plans: Clueless!
    Course not! Welcome to the Year 11 thread! :woo:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    haha Coventrys cool.. well cooler than where i live anyway
    Why hello there, I'm afraid I haven't seen you on this thread before. Welcome!

Ahhhh, Physics tomorrow! :woo: :eek2: At least it's the last exam, after which I'm home free. (Not really, I need to rape companies phones for money )

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.