Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siffatsaad)
    try to calculate 60%.You must get 60%marks to pass.That's how they calculate i believe

i think it's 63% now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    I'm not just saying this but I experienced the exact same thing! I feel that I did much better on my maths, as my English I didn't really answer the question directly!

I would assume it is a small part of it and that if your interview went well, they wouldn't not accept you just because of your English content (presuming spelling, grammar and punctuation were fine).

Try not to worry too much, I keep thinking about what I should have said and done, but we can't change it now .
    Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! Gladly I didn't have a maths test. Yeah I would hope it wouldn't be a deal breaker, so fingers crossed. I know my interviewer said he will interview us then look through the literacy test so I was thinking oh noooo, but maybe he will just scan them, hopefully. They must get bored of reading so many of the same task.

Yep I keep telling myself not to worry. I can't change anything now.

ReputationRep:
    I am getting rather nervous for my interview tomorrow!

I have only ever done two interviews, both were like 10 mins long, this is 7 hours :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)

I have only ever done two interviews, both were like 10 mins long, this is 7 hours :|
    Don't worry! They never end up being as bad as you imagine. I had a 6.5 hour long day yesterday so I know the feeling. It is a stupidly long day for an interview and I was exhausted afterwards. I felt so sick before hand as my stomach really plays up when I get nervous before interviews. It wasn't that bad though. Once you get in and meet people who are in the same position it tends to be fine and it helps me relax talking to people.

Easier said than done though, I know. I have another next Weds and I know I'll feel just as sick as nervous :awesome:

ReputationRep:

Aw bless you, I felt the same. All you can do is get through it!

The majority of the day is laid back and you will have areas that aren't tested such as a tour of the Uni or a talk.

The main part is the 1-1 interview as that's where you can really shine.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

If it's anything like interview days I've been to, it won't be seven solid hours of pressure though, there's plenty of time to relax and chat to other applicants in between 1-1 interviews/presentations/tests etc, and I usually find that that makes you feel a bit calmer, and you feel a bit better before going into the interview and other things. They tend to have a bit of an opening chat/presentation as well, sometimes with refreshments - there's no point making the applicants so nervous that you don't see any of their real personalities, and I think most universities know that

I had two interview days, one of 4 hours, one of 5, and I think the interview/presentation/tests in total took up about an hour, all together. They've just got to get through everyone, so it's a long day sometimes!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hello, just wondered if anyone would be able to help?

When did uni's start to release their prospectus' & start having open days last year? I am considering applying for a pgce/schools direct programme in 2015 (am in the early stages of thinking about it) and just wondered when I could start ordering them/visiting unis?

Thank you everyone & good luck with your applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Don't worry! They never end up being as bad as you imagine. I had a 6.5 hour long day yesterday so I know the feeling. It is a stupidly long day for an interview and I was exhausted afterwards. I felt so sick before hand as my stomach really plays up when I get nervous before interviews. It wasn't that bad though. Once you get in and meet people who are in the same position it tends to be fine and it helps me relax talking to people.

Easier said than done though, I know. I have another next Weds and I know I'll feel just as sick as nervous :awesome:
    Ah I get the speech jitters, which is excellent haha 1 to 1 interview isn't until the end of the day, but presentation is first thing. I'm not even sure why I get so worked up about it, I'm never nervous when talking in front of a class of children, I think it is just all the pressure!

Ah well good luck for that, I am interviewing for 2 courses at the same place tomorrow and the other place on Monday! But on the plus side I should have an answer soon

Aw bless you, I felt the same. All you can do is get through it!

The majority of the day is laid back and you will have areas that aren't tested such as a tour of the Uni or a talk.

The main part is the 1-1 interview as that's where you can really shine.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I am applying for a SCITT so it is based in one of their consortium schools, but I have a timetable and there are coffee breaks and they give you lunch.

I think after the initial presentation is over I will be ok, it is just fear of the unknown.

Thanks!

(Original post by FreyaW)
    If it's anything like interview days I've been to, it won't be seven solid hours of pressure though, there's plenty of time to relax and chat to other applicants in between 1-1 interviews/presentations/tests etc, and I usually find that that makes you feel a bit calmer, and you feel a bit better before going into the interview and other things. They tend to have a bit of an opening chat/presentation as well, sometimes with refreshments - there's no point making the applicants so nervous that you don't see any of their real personalities, and I think most universities know that

I had two interview days, one of 4 hours, one of 5, and I think the interview/presentation/tests in total took up about an hour, all together. They've just got to get through everyone, so it's a long day sometimes!

Good luck
    Yes there are gaps, a coffee break and a lunch break and also the times when you are waiting for the other applicants, there is a presentation, a task with children, maths and English tests and interviews so I can see why it takes a while!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview day yesterday, offer by voicemail last night and have just accepted on UCAS!!! Can't believe it's happened so quick!!

Absolutely over the moon (School Direct Secondary History)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alicep87)
    I had an interview day yesterday, offer by voicemail last night and have just accepted on UCAS!!! Can't believe it's happened so quick!!

Ah well done, that's great news! I'm doing SD also, but Primary. Can't wait to start now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyoung90)
    Well done! Are you going for primary or secondary PGCE? I had an interview at durham for secondary education early in December - still haven't heard back yet :-(
    That's ages to be keeping you waiting.

(Original post by tamiic)
    Thanks! I'm going for primary, I'm so nervous! How was your interview? I'm hoping it's relaxed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by lucibelleD)
    Hi I also have interviews for Durham, Sunderland and Newcastle. First one is Durham on Monday. Good luck!
    Morning or afternoon Monday? I've got one there in the AM time slot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Ah well done, that's great news! I'm doing SD also, but Primary. Can't wait to start now!
    I don't suppose you know when/how we sort out all the financy & bursary bits do you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not just saying this but I experienced the exact same thing! I feel that I did much better on my maths, as my English I didn't really answer the question directly!

I would assume it is a small part of it and that if your interview went well, they wouldn't not accept you just because of your English content (presuming spelling, grammar and punctuation were fine).

Try not to worry too much, I keep thinking about what I should have said and done, but we can't change it now .
    At least its over and done with! What kind of math questions were you asked and did you apply for the primary pgce?

ReputationRep:
    Normally there will be one tutor from the uni from your applied course and then a teacher from a partner school just for an extra opinion. The teacher isn't always there though.
    Sounds daunting! I have approx. 2 and a half weeks till my interview- I am really nervous as I tend to panic and say stupid things during one-to-one interviews!

ReputationRep:
    So interview went quite well. Thing is my competition was fierce imo. So even though I didn't think I did badly, I'm not sure I did well enough to compete. Sad really because I really fell in love with the uni and course...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel exactly the same. Everyone seemed good.

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose you know when/how we sort out all the financy & bursary bits do you?
    Finance - whenever student finance opens this year.
    Bursary - you should get a form from your uni to sort this out nearer to the start date. You just need to fill out your bank details essentially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    Finance - whenever student finance opens this year.
    Bursary - you should get a form from your uni to sort this out nearer to the start date. You just need to fill out your bank details essentially.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:

Same! I had my interview yesterday and just got an offer, it is so quick! Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    At least its over and done with! What kind of math questions were you asked and did you apply for the primary pgce?
    Hiya,

Yeah primary PGCE and it was sort of problem solving for the maths.

They gave us a sheet with info on and you had to fill out the questions using that info.

Just found out I got an offer so i'm over the moon.

Good luck with everything!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.