The Somali Society Mk III Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    OMG me, its Awesome. Sheesh 3 way Fire. Lord Sugar is seriously AWESOME
    lool, I kinda felt sorry the girl that almost cried - the project manager

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahad1912)
    Thanks, are you coming in during reading week at all?

And isn't it nasiib wacan

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    Nope lol. Staying at home to revise
    Btw come to the somali social the friday after we come back from reading week. Should be fun!

And lol thats it! My somali is going downhill 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Everything happens for a reason
    If you fail atleast youve got alot of experience and skills under your belt to get a decent job. One of the employees at my local natwest branch dropped out of uni after a few months and got work because of connections
    Can't get any of the jobs I'm interested in, without a university degree, unfortunately.

Only reason I'm at uni..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Can't get any of the jobs I'm interested in, without a university degree, unfortunately.

Only reason I'm at uni..
    Truth is in today's world you can't get anywhere (you can but not easily) without a degree and huge load of loans unless you have the means to pay or seek out education in another cheaper country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Truth is in today's world you can't get anywhere (you can but not easily) without a degree and huge load of loans unless you have the means to pay or seek out education in another cheaper country
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Nope lol. Staying at home to revise
    Btw come to the somali social the friday after we come back from reading week. Should be fun!

And lol thats it! My somali is going downhill 😂
    I'm just going to go to the library, can't do no revision at home lol plus I'm going in mon, tue and thurs so I'll probably go to the quiet part of the library upstairs.

I just realised why I have no clue when things are happening with the Somali soc; I thought I paid for the sub but just realised I didn't lol. Did it now online, but can you send me the screenshot of the email or the deets

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, we have an an upcoming event over at the UCL Somali society, and we are trying to as many Somali students as possible. We are currently reaching out to KCL and Queen Mary since we know people from there, but the invitation is open to all. And if anybody wants to collaborate for future events, please message me. Here is the link, and please let us know if you are coming, so we can have an idea of how many people to anticipate: https://www.facebook.com/events/347424145435533/

P.S can't wait to see you all there inshallah.

ReputationRep:
    Link doesnt work
    (Original post by straw-struck)
    Guys, we have an an upcoming event over at the UCL Somali society, and we are trying to as many Somali students as possible. We are currently reaching out to KCL and Queen Mary since we know people from there, but the invitation is open to all. And if anybody wants to collaborate for future events, please message me. Here is the link, and please let us know if you are coming, so we can have an idea of how many people to anticipate: https://www.facebook.com/events/347424145435533/

P.S can't wait to see you all there inshallah.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to go to the library, can't do no revision at home lol plus I'm going in mon, tue and thurs so I'll probably go to the quiet part of the library upstairs.

I just realised why I have no clue when things are happening with the Somali soc; I thought I paid for the sub but just realised I didn't lol. Did it now online, but can you send me the screenshot of the email or the deets

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    There havent been any recent emaila but the socials are every fortnight (friday) from 5-7 in blomely room 2 (student union)

ReputationRep:
    There havent been any recent emaila but the socials are every fortnight (friday) from 5-7 in blomely room 2 (student union)
    Oh alright, so what do you guys do?
    And I have no idea where the bloomley room 2 is, I just know where the union is.

ReputationRep:
    Oh alright, so what do you guys do?
    And I have no idea where the bloomley room 2 is, I just know where the union is.
    I havent been to any socials yet so idk

Blomely is in the student union building

ReputationRep:
    Are there any students that are in Hounslow? We can possible set up a meet up. I thought just a general meet up would be cool to see the faces hidden behind the keyboard.I don't know why people our age are kind of sedentery and I think this forum has turned into a selfish thing, there is an epidemic of alienation think of me as your aunt on the dance floor of your family wedding forcing you to get up. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Land-based mammal)
    Are there any students that are in Hounslow? We can possible set up a meet up. I thought just a general meet up would be cool to see the faces hidden behind the keyboard.I don't know why people our age are kind of sedentery and I think this forum has turned into a selfish thing, there is an epidemic of alienation think of me as your aunt on the dance floor of your family wedding forcing you to get up. x
    Looooool idk why this post cracked me up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Land-based mammal)
    Idk where Hounslow is but I'm down to meetup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Idk where Hounslow is but I'm down to meetup
    cool message me

ReputationRep:
    Link doesnt work
    Oops, let's hope this one does: https://www.facebook.com/events/347424145435533/

ReputationRep:

I shall be coming down to your next social event inshallah. It's called soo fariiso, right ?

ReputationRep:

You're coming to the next one though right?
    I met a Somali girl at the place I work who goes qmul; so she's coming along too.

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I shall be coming down to your next social event inshallah. It's called soo fariiso, right ?
    You go qm too? 😮

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You're coming to the next one though right?
    I met a Somali girl at the place I work who goes qmul; so she's coming along too.

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    Yep i'll be comingg inshallah!

Oops, let's hope this one does: https://www.facebook.com/events/347424145435533/
    But the ucl event is on the day of the soo fariiso event. I would love to attend but idk if I can go both in a day as theyre at the same time lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.