Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Israel/Palestine Conflict Mk. IV Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hamas is a terrorist organisation so I side with Israel because these jihadist related terrorists would kill me and everyone in this country given half the chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    Pahaha I love you, I am actually getting in trouble with my girlfriend because I spend more time talking to you than her recently!!!!! :P
    Haha I think I better let you get back to it then otherwise I will be in touble by proxy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorra Hadrich)
    So guys !! What do you think about the war in Palestine? you are with which side and why?
    There are three sides:

Hamas - everyone should be against them
    Israel - who cares whether you're with them or not; they don't care
    Palestinians - no one actually cares about them at all

ReputationRep:
    The real irony in this chanting is that Hitler probably would have massacred, or at least enslaved, every single Palestinian for not fitting in with his vision of a "Master Race".

ReputationRep:
    It appears the motive of both sides is genocide. However i feel Israel as a legitimate state will go less likely on "Palestinians" as it already has offered the two state agreement twice and has been rejected for war.

If Israel lost the 1967 war against Egypt, Syria, Jordan. We would of 100% seen a another Jewish holocaust.

Muslims are not well known for their tolerance of non muslims :rolleyes:

ahem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merrill)
    Neither did Hamas, in fact Hamas likes to brake ceasefires. They are both dicks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You obvs don't know much. Hamas said as long as a few political prisoners are released (they were freed, and Israel re-arrested them) and the blockade is removed they would be willing to accept the ceasefire. Where as, Israel refuse to even go to the peace talks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    Hamas is a terrorist organisation so I side with Israel because these jihadist related terrorists would kill me and everyone in this country given half the chance
    SO you do believe that Israel is a victim? an Angel? Sorry but you are wrong!! We can see how Israel is attacking children and civilians by the name of self-defending!! and it is using high-tech weapons against civilians !! What kind of humans they are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    It appears the motive of both sides is genocide. However i feel Israel as a legitimate state will go less likely on "Palestinians" as it already has offered the two state agreement twice and has been rejected for war.

If Israel lost the 1967 war against Egypt, Syria, Jordan. We would of 100% seen a another Jewish holocaust.

Muslims are not well known for their tolerance of non muslims :rolleyes:

ahem.
    Maybe they would have not been rejected as this most recent cease fire due to Isreal not lifting th blockade on Gaza, leaving its economy constanly on the brink of collapse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BismaKhan)
    As is yours for genocide
    So in retaliation for the so called genocide thats occurring in the region, you agree with praise of another genocidal maniac?

Tit for Tat, its why the Palestinians will achieve nothing.

ReputationRep:
    The blockade means only bombs and soliders are allowed in and out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    It appears the motive of both sides is genocide
    Why would you think that Israel's motive is genocide? What evidence is there to back this up?

ReputationRep:
    You clearly don't know the definition of the word "open prison".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    SO you do believe that Israel is a victim? an Angel? Sorry but you are wrong!! We can see how Israel is attacking children and civilians by the name of self-defending!! and it is using high-tech weapons against civilians !! What kind of humans they are?
    Israel are innocent in all of this. Hamas has been planning for years to destroy Israel, they have made it clear with their propaganda and more recently the tunnel networks. Almost every nation in the world including the EU and UN has declared Hamas a terrorist organisation. The people of Palestine voted these monsters into power so must face the consequences of their actions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    You obvs don't know much. Hamas said as long as a few political prisoners are released (they were freed, and Israel re-arrested them) and the blockade is removed they would be willing to accept the ceasefire. Where as, Israel refuse to even go to the peace talks!
    Hamas regularly brakes ceasefires.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    Why would you think that Israel's motive is genocide? What evidence is there to back this up?
    I was being a bit extreme i agree Israel is the less aggressive than both but targeting UN schools is not on. However evidence has been shown Hamas launching rockets right near to those schools and keeping weapons stored in those schools.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly don't know the definition of the word "open prison".

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah, prisoners are usually given security, running water, food and electricity.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So guys !! What do you think about the war in Palestine? you are with which side and why?
    I side with Israel, they are a western(ish) ally who are more beneficial to the western world than Hamas who are a terrorist organization unwilling to accept reality.

For peace to occur Hamas must accept that their demands are unrealistic and agree that current borders are valid (forget about 47 or 67) and they must then agree to become a protectorate of Israel or Egypt and abolish the bulk of their armed forces. Only then can Israel trust Hamas and lift the blockade.

The alternative is that in 20 years Israel will have complete control of the Gaza Strip. Not something that I consider a bad thing but not ideal.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with using high tech weapons. Would you rather they go in with swords and axes?

The only thing wrong is the targeting of civilian areas. However, there are reasons why they do this.
    Not justifying, just saying.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hamas regularly brakes ceasefires.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    breaks*

Hmm. Yet, Israel broke the last two :/ which resulted in the death of hundreds of civilians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    Maybe they would have not been rejected as this most recent cease fire due to Isreal not lifting th blockade on Gaza, leaving its economy constanly on the brink of collapse.
    What would Hamas do with the extra funds flowing into its coffers? :rolleyes:

Two state agreement was offered in return for PEACE and recognition of Israel as a state, rejected both times. And 94% of the terms were met the second time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.