The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

feel awful. already feel lonely/trapped/bored. its fuelling how grim and depressed I feel. I literally cannot be bothered to move out of bed. just no point in my existence
Reply 4501
Original post by Odd socks
It's a Scott Pilgrim reference :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:facepalm: That was worse than people not getting my obscure movie quotes :p:
Original post by samba
:facepalm: That was worse than people not getting my obscure movie quotes :p:

Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every time I try and watch the Big Bang theory (my flatmate likes it) it just pisses me off :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every time I try and watch the Big Bang theory (my flatmate likes it) it just pisses me off :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: how come? I love it haha
Original post by WelshBluebird
:frown: how come? I love it haha

It's just annoys me, they constantly make fun of the fact that Sheldon is asexual, and then made a transphobic joke which is when I turned over to something else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm one of those hipsters that don't like that or HIMYM :u: :colondollar:
It's just annoys me, they constantly make fun of the fact that Sheldon is asexual, and then made a transphobic joke which is when I turned over to something else

Posted from TSR Mobile

My personal view is I don't think they are making fun of that specifically, more the relationship between him and Amy (who is obviously, for the lack of a better phrase, gagging for it). But that is just my take on it, not saying your view is wrong at all.
And I can't comment on the second thing because it isn't something I have seen (so either I've seen the episode and totally missed it, or simply haven't seen that episode).
But yeah I can see why you don't like it based on those things.
Original post by IDukem
I'm one of those hipsters that don't like that or HIMYM :u: :colondollar:

I'm neutral on HIMYM, not a big fan but I don't dislike it as much as Big Bang theory

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't watch big bang theory either. Not since a friend made the comparison between my personal tutor at uni and Sheldon...
I'm neutral on HIMYM, not a big fan but I don't dislike it as much as Big Bang theory

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I laughed at any of them when I tried watching them. I liked 'friends', so it's not that I dislike American sit-coms in general.
am so broken. my phone ringing just gave me a panic attack
Original post by .snowflake.
I can't watch big bang theory either. Not since a friend made the comparison between my personal tutor at uni and Sheldon...

I freaked out when watching Up for the first (and only!) time coz the main old guy (forget his name) looks EXACTLY like an Oxford tutor of mine who inadvertently seems to trigger my psychosis :colondollar:

:five:

Original post by ScaryScience

:penguinhug:
Original post by ScaryScience

:hugs: Hope you get some respite from all this soon.
Feeling so crappy :frown:
Original post by lauraaaaa
Feeling so crappy :frown:

:console: Specific crappiness or general crappiness?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I freaked out when watching Up for the first (and only!) time coz the main old guy (forget his name) looks EXACTLY like an Oxford tutor of mine who inadvertently seems to trigger my psychosis :colondollar:

:five:

:penguinhug:

The beginning bit of Up makes me jump - everyone else finds it hilarious that it does. And the bit where his wife dies makes me cry...
To the people with depressive illnesses-do you feel "guilty" for having one? Like it's kinda your fault and there's worse off people in the world which kind of puts your problems in perspective? I do-I get depressed over the slightest of things sometimes and it's like why??
People are going through war and famine and bereavements but stay strong.

Anyway as for tonight I have had too much coffee and fear a caffiene crash. How are we all anyway?
Original post by Danny the Geezer
To the people with depressive illnesses-do you feel "guilty" for having one? Like it's kinda your fault and there's worse off people in the world which kind of puts your problems in perspective? I do-I get depressed over the slightest of things sometimes and it's like why??
People are going through war and famine and bereavements but stay strong.

Anyway as for tonight I have had too much coffee and fear a caffiene crash. How are we all anyway?

Pretty sure excessive guilt is a common symptom of depression. :tongue: It's absolutely not about your being weaker than other people, or having less important issues, I reckon depression is seen as more of a first world problem simply because in poorer places they're too busy trying to survive to have time to discuss their mental health problems! Doesn't mean they don't have them, sadly.

I'm fairly good tonight though, had a mildly productive day. :smile:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Hope you get some respite from all this soon.

thanks, me too :frown: :frown:

Latest