Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creatingchaos)
    Anyone at warwick today at 2:15? I'm going to be early and was wondering if there's a cafe or anything in the med school?
    It was nice to meet you today .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    See a saw someone earlier who posted saying they have a first and got rejected. All seems very unsure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I don't get it either lol. I'm predicted a first and got 757.5 on my UKCAT and got rejected for both A101 and A100 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albert95)
    Yeah I don't get it either lol. I'm predicted a first and got 757.5 on my UKCAT and got rejected for both A101 and A100 :/
    It all sounds very weird. If it were me I'd be asking for feedback on why I was rejected! Best of luck with other choices

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    It all sounds very weird. If it were me I'd be asking for feedback on why I was rejected! Best of luck with other choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it is very weird, to say the least. I can't be bothered to be honest; I'd rather use my time to prepare for my interviews thanks! best luck to you as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomasPassion)
    Can you say where there were any group tasks? Like, teambuilding exercises?
    It is strictly forbidden on TSR to give out details of any interviews, tasks, exercises, questions etc either on boards or via PM.

[If you think about it its not in anyone's interest to spill the beanz anyway as this gives others an advantage - and they may get an offer instead of you.]

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else getting disheartened hearing about others getting offers while being stuck in limbo? Starting to doubt how well I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    It is strictly forbidden on TSR to give out details of any interviews, tasks, exercises, questions etc either on boards or via PM.

[If you think about it its not in anyone's interest to spill the beanz anyway as this gives others an advantage - and they may get an offer instead of you.]
    Fair doos. Did you get a chance to spend some time with current students beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albert95)
    Yeah it is very weird, to say the least. I can't be bothered to be honest; I'd rather use my time to prepare for my interviews thanks! best luck to you as well
    Ye I mean when those are over, but that's great you have other interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)

I don't think it's bad to simply say 'yes there was a group exercise'. That's all he was asking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    I don't think it's bad to simply say 'yes there was a group exercise'. That's all he was asking for.
    Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from St. Georges yet? They said they would email interview times in January and I know it's only the 8th, but I'm getting nervous!

ReputationRep:
    What time are people getting to their interviews? 15min before start? 30 mins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillyWooWah)
    Has anyone heard from St. Georges yet? They said they would email interview times in January and I know it's only the 8th, but I'm getting nervous!
    I know that feeling - I haven't heard anything yet and getting pretty nervous about it too! Hopefully, we'll hear something soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickname_esco)
    What time are people getting to their interviews? 15min before start? 30 mins?
    30 mins before my interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillyWooWah)
    Haven't heard back from them yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kethan)
    Haven't heard back from them yet!
    St. George's notoriously do things on their own terms, for my undergrad med interview there a few years back it was in April 😂

ReputationRep:
    Erm.....so has everyone done their GAMSAT before they apply? I was thinking of doing GAMSAT in Sept 2016 and then apply for October. I don't know if it's possible or if the results get released before October.

Have people got in to St Georges? Nottingham? Hows things going. How did you do? I have covered so far, physics, maths, chemistry and biology, I need to cover the humanities sections.

ReputationRep:
    I sat the GAMSAT in Sept last year. It is very nerve wracking waiting for your result when you have already submitted an application with no idea if you have hit even the previous years cut off. They don't make a decision what the current academic years cut off will be until the results are released so you can only make your choices based on how well you think you might do and what your universities have had as their cut off in previous years.

I wish i had sat my GAMSAT in March last year so I would have a certainly of my grade before application. You can still rest in Sept.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, so you was allowed to apply to medical school before you took the GAMSAT? How long before GAMSAT did you apply? o was thinking of sitting it in Ireland like you said in March but no way I'm ready yet. My background is music! No science background what so ever, I only finished A2 books in June! Then I started physics :/

ReputationRep:
    You sit the test in the Sept. You submit your application in Oct. But you have to wait until Nov until you find out your score and if you made the cut off for your choices.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.