Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wish to reapply for HSPS here? Please PM me, I would like to discuss about gap year plans!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel like **** after this rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemPrince)
    To be extremely honest.. I somewhere hoped to get in.. My UMS was low.. 88.5 but I had a number of other things.. So I'm gonna need sometime to get over this.. Cause my head isn't working now...
    I do have an offer from imperial too.. And I've applied to some colleges in USA too.. My parents think I shld apply in Singapore too.. But I feel like nootr engineering.. Maybe no more education but nah.. Let's see..
    Imperial is expensive thou.. International fees plus living in London..
    What are your plans?
    -The UMS part, u sound exactly like me. Applying to NUS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by regsyl)
    I got rejected for vet med by clare as well. Cheer up, at least we don't have to stress on getting A* lol

Sorry to hear that.... where else have you applied? Good luck with your other choices!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please don't feel rejected if you did not get an offer? Sure, everyone who got offers are clever. Congratulations are due. But, it absolutely does not mean that those who did not receive offers are not just as clever. Over the years, those who do not get into Oxbridge have gone on to do very well in non-Oxbridge universities, and have great careers. Oxbridge is great but there is definitely life and success outside of and beyond Oxbridge. Just look at the many successful people out there who are not from Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemPrince)
    To be extremely honest.. I somewhere hoped to get in.. My UMS was low.. 88.5 but I had a number of other things.. So I'm gonna need sometime to get over this.. Cause my head isn't working now...
    I do have an offer from imperial too.. And I've applied to some colleges in USA too.. My parents think I shld apply in Singapore too.. But I feel like nootr engineering.. Maybe no more education but nah.. Let's see..
    Imperial is expensive thou.. International fees plus living in London..
    What are your plans?
    I'll Inbox you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShellySpielberg)

Sorry to hear that.... where else have you applied? Good luck with your other choices!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sigh. I'm sure you'll do well! I've got an offer from bristol and interviews with edinburgh and rvc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Telos)
    Just got my letter...

Rejected from my college but put into Winter pool..

".....At present, decisions have yet to be made for a number of applications in Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, including yours. We will communicate a final decision to you as soon as possible within the next few days."

Looks like I'll be waiting a little while longer!
    Sorry this post was ages ago... was just wondering if you heard back from them yet? And are you applying for vetmed or medicine?
    Hope it was good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessGrimmel)
    I got 11 A*s at GCSE, and I think having good GCSEs was very important for me as I go to a pretty average comprehensive school! I think it was important because it kind of made me actually believe I could do the whole cambridge thing, and also from then on, no one dismissed me as much when I said I wanted to apply. It definitively was important in flagging me up and making my school aware that I could apply more than anything!

My advice is to work as hard as you possibly can for your GCSEs! Don't listen to people who tell you they don't matter, because they are important, especially to you as they are your achievements, and I will always be proud of my GCSEs! But at the same time, remember not to stress too much because they most certainly are not the be all and end all, especially as far as Cambridge are concerned! They're just useful to give you a big boost of confidence and put you in good stead to earn some outstanding A levels for Cambridge!

Best of luck with you GCSEs and everything else! Keep working hard and it pays off xx
    Couldn't agree more. My work ethic was built during my IGCSE exams and I just continued with it for IB (A levels in your case)

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Maths from Johns! I have to get 1,1 in STEP though… doable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gowrath)
    Couldn't agree more. My work ethic was built during my IGCSE exams and I just continued with it for IB (A levels in your case)
    I totally agree, my GCSEs taught me how to revise effectively more than anything and have a me a lot more confidence and made me believe in myself more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by regsyl)
    I got rejected for vet med by clare as well. Cheer up, at least we don't have to stress on getting A* lol
    Yea true. Anyway which college in msia r u from?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected at Murray Edwards- Bio NatSciences...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitomi777)
    Rejected at Murray Edwards- Bio NatSciences...
    Aww no what are your other choices? I'm sure you'll be great anywhere, just make sure Cambridge realise it's their loss in the long run!
    Are you an international?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedutchchick)
    Thanks! Really kind of you!
    Any idea how the chances are for reapplicants?
    Is it some one useless?
    no prob It's always good to talk to spmeone!

It's rather the opposite - I think a higher percentage of applicants get in because they are familiar with the process and the interviews etc. But don't speak too soon! You may still have a chance this year!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    So only 1 person checking my sheet, it looks like most have their decisions now.
    "When does my College send emails?"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...p=docslist_api

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what time the e-mails will arrive during the day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowVeins)
    Sorry I only saw this now :') Thank you!

And I'm so happy for you! I told you you had nothing to worry about
    no problem, east to get lost in the sea of posts! awww thank you but sorry, I didn't believe you at the time so glad we both did it yay!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ianna.andreea)
    I received my letter. I am so relieved I want to cry. It was a rejection, not even pooled. But god, I am so happy it is all over and I finally got an answer that I can't feel any kind of sadness. All the waiting was so mentally brutal that now I feel so free and calm and joyful. It's been an amazing road and I learnt so much about myself, I just feel serene. Probably I will be sad tomorrow, though. I expected to feel unworthy, but I just feel that I evolved and I am just grateful that I was given the chance to experiment this. It's been amazing but God knows, I would never want to pass through this ever again. Now I will just walk into the sunset, happily studying architecture at Oxford Brookes. Keep strong, all of you still waiting, good luck to those that have been accepted and to those that were rejected, there is a whole world beyond Cambridge- always, always remember the passion and determination for which you firstly applied to Cambridge, this is the gift I personally was left with from this experience.

P.S: I don't feel this is the end of a dream, but the beggining of that dream I kept on waiting for since I was 13. All I wanted was to study architecture and now I finally found out where. I just can't refrain myself from saying this: "I'm on a rollercoaster that only goes up, my friend"
    You took this beautifully my friend i am still waiting for my email and I am not sure whether I can handle it the way you did... It has been really nice knowing you and talking about architecture. Best wishes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprocrastinator)
    no problem, east to get lost in the sea of posts! awww thank you but sorry, I didn't believe you at the time so glad we both did it yay!!
    Yay!!
    Now that I know you are going to Downing, I might try to guess who you are at lectures...:yep::lol:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.