Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Alex "SHOOT FFS!" Hleb :lol:
    Remember getting hard at his assist to Cesc at Anfield in 2008 :rolleyes:. He was so good in our system.

ReputationRep:
    Sterling is just an English Januzaj.

(Original post by al_94)
    You are sleeping on Kane no way Giroud is better even in the air I've seen him miss so many chances before his heading technique is not good he is just very tall. Kane is a big match winner 2 goals vs us and 2 vs Chelsea but when Giroud plays against top teams he can't do anything most of the time. Giroud has become overrated by some fans but they were saying last year that we needed a striker just because Alexis Sanchez has had a great season which makes us less reliant on Giroud doesn't mean he is now a top striker.
    Giroud is far better in the air, he is arguably one of the best in the league. Also, Giroud has scored against Man City (twice), Man Utd and Liverpool so far this season, so don't give me that nonsense. It's funny how you are claiming Giroud has become over-rated by some, considering his scoring stats are far higher than he is given credit for, and considering you are defending Kane, who will probably end up as the next Andy Carroll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    It's like when you're surrounded by ugly girls...the average looking one is going to seem a lot prettier isn't she? Solely because she's surrounded by girls who resemble pigeons. You could say the same with Kane, only looks good cos he's surrounded by sad mediocre excuses for men. With the exception of Erikson or however its spelt of course.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the European top dogs put in a £60m bid for him :rolleyes:

I'm not taking anything away from Kane, he's doing really well and I wish him every success etc etc just...chill.

Slowly becoming Mesut "SHOOT FFS!" Ozil
    Hahahaha, tell um how it is girl :cool:

Giroud > Kane

ReputationRep:
    It's like when you're surrounded by ugly girls...the average looking one is going to seem a lot prettier isn't she? Solely because she's surrounded by girls who resemble pigeons. You could say the same with Kane, only looks good cos he's surrounded by sad mediocre excuses for men. With the exception of Erikson or however its spelt of course.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the European top dogs put in a £60m bid for him :rolleyes:

I'm not taking anything away from Kane, he's doing really well and I wish him every success etc etc just...chill.

You know, I was watching videos of Hleb and the similarity in how they both play for Arsenal is really striking. It is like Ozil is Hleb reincarnated at times.

ReputationRep:
    He was absolutely outstanding v United yesterday. I see your points though and fair enough but I think we'll just agree to disagree on this occasion, let's see how Kane does next season and assess whether he's still at this standard everyone keeps banging on about. In terms of form this season, yeah sure Kane admittedly is better in some respects to Giroiud but I still wouldn't do a direct swap.
    Ahh don't worry, no way am I saying Giroud is world class talent but he's done well, better than what most people give him credit for, in the summer I still say we go out and get a wc out and out forward. Just not Kane.
    Kane wouldn't be able to replace Giroud in your system, no way! Would be a nice addition though. He does need 1 more season at spurs, then chairman mao can extract an exorbitant fee from him like he did with bale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Remember getting hard at his assist to Cesc at Anfield in 2008 :rolleyes:. He was so good in our system.

Watch this, the similarities between him and Ozil in our current team are scary!

• Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by samba)
    Kane wouldn't be able to replace Giroud in your system, no way! Would be a nice addition though. He does need 1 more season at spurs, then chairman mao can extract an exorbitant fee from him like he did with bale.
    Yeah, I'd take him as a back up or for rotation or alongside Giroud etc but not as a direct swap. No way amigos. Like someone said above, I feel like he's more for the name at the back of the shirt than for the team.

(Original post by SA-1)
    Hahahaha, tell um how it is girl :cool:

Giroud > Kane
    You know how it is boo boo

Giroud> most prem strikers bar the obvious like Aguero, Rooney etc

(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    LP he was okay against United, wouldnt say outstanding though love :ahee:. Smalling kept him in his backpocket the entire game, dont think he'd have done the same with Giroud with the form he is in. Giroud is the better player atm imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really, I hardly noticed him ngl. Yeah true true, I'm satisfied now because at least I know my post made some sense at least :awesome:

ReputationRep:

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    He was absolutely outstanding v United yesterday. I see your points though and fair enough but I think we'll just agree to disagree on this occasion, let's see how Kane does next season and assess whether he's still at this standard everyone keeps banging on about. In terms of form this season, yeah sure Kane admittedly is better in some respects to Giroiud but I still wouldn't do a direct swap.
    Ahh don't worry, no way am I saying Giroud is world class talent but he's done well, better than what most people give him credit for, in the summer I still say we go out and get a wc out and out forward. Just not Kane.
    Giroud cost us vs Monaco. We will never win the PL or CL with this guy as a striker.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you want to win today?
    Bradford or Reading
    FA cup replay
    I am more in favor of Reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watch this, the similarities between him and Ozil in our current team are scary!

Our shooting was atrociously bad in 07-08. I don't remember it being that awful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Sterling is just an English Januzaj.

Giroud is far better in the air, he is arguably one of the best in the league. Also, Giroud has scored against Man City (twice), Man Utd and Liverpool so far this season, so don't give me that nonsense. It's funny how you are claiming Giroud has become over-rated by some, considering his scoring stats are far higher than he is given credit for, and considering you are defending Kane, who will probably end up as the next Andy Carroll.
    Aint you the super, ultra Wenger fanboy? I would discuss with you but there's no point if you can't even see that Wenger is past it.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2:
    Moral of the story: Don't go out with LP and friends if you want to pull :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Our shooting was atrociously bad in 07-08. I don't remember it being that awful?
    That was our "Arsenal try to pass it into the net" phase. Just remember the likes of Fabregas and Hleb basically trying to play neat little triangles around the box :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Aint you the super, ultra Wenger fanboy? I would discuss with you but there's no point if you can't even see that Wenger is past it.
    Eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Giroud cost us vs Monaco. We will never win the PL or CL with this guy as a striker.

You are finally realising that Giroud is an aright player
    ( We defo need a better striker,preferably south American)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Moral of the story: Don't go out with LP and friends if you want to pull :lol:
    LP is nice though (no wk). "You can be my wing(woman) anytime"

ReputationRep:
    That was our "Arsenal try to pass it into the net" phase. Just remember the likes of Fabregas and Hleb basically trying to play neat little triangles around the box :rolleyes:.
    Yeah but it was all good until Ade got the ball. I'm pretty sure he is the one blazing it about a mile over the bar every shot.

ReputationRep:
    LP is nice though (no wk). "You can be my wing(woman) anytime"

Haha man, watch it. You might make Zurich jelly :p:

Am sure LP is nice, but the description of her friends :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    See Hleb as a Rosicky Ozil hybrid, he's much more urgent on the ball than Ozil and likes to drive but you can see the similarities between him and Mesut in his turns and control of the ball deffo.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.