Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    I applied to global markets but I should imagine they are similar. I applied about a month ago and I have done tests, phone interview and am now under consideration for an assessment centre.

Different division but might be a good gauge for you.
    How long did they take to get back to you after the phone interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giggy12s)
    Can anyone explain what is meant by saying investment banking is more than M&A and IPOs? What do you mean by more?
    think of all different type of transactions they work on, divestitures, spin-off, JVs, capital raising, private placement, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Anyone heard back from RBC IBD post tests? Its been exactly 4 weeks since I sat the tests... Not heard anything yet besides 'pass email'. Clearly a bad a sign -_-
    I'm in markets, got that email and five minutes later got email to phone interview. Not sure if it might differ between divisions..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    think of all different type of transactions they work on, divestitures, spin-off, JVs, capital raising, private placement, etc.
    Morgan Stanley what do recruiters look for hahahaahhaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    Thank you !!

ReputationRep:
    For cover letters, is it recommended to format in usual way i.e my address, banks address or is Dear Sir/Madam sufficient?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skywalker94)
    Is this referred to the virtual cover letter or a different video interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wait the virtual cover letter was default for all applicants with BlackRock wasn't it? My bad, I haven't heard back in that case!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone attended Morgan Stanley AC? I have applied for markets and am curious about the technical interview (what it involves), and how much emphasis is put on the paper numerical test?

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is BAML slow to respond to applicants post SJTs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudsssss)
    Is it just me or is BAML slow to respond to applicants post SJTs?
    I don't know man, I sent my MS App first week of August and still haven't heard back so haha

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has advises/tips for UBS IBD AC?

ReputationRep:
    Any advice for Deutsche Bank first round?

Does anyone know what teams are particularly strong there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard back from MS IBD first round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    M&A wise: remember hearing A&D & FIG are good but this is second-hand from someone last summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breakingbank)
    has anyone heard back from MS IBD first round?
    had it on Thursday afternoon, was asked on Friday where I was currently based and after that, that i'd hear back at the beginning of next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably useful to go on mergermarket and check in which industries they´ve had their largest deals recently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    Probably useful to go on mergermarket and check in which industries they´ve had their largest deals recently
    Subscription has expired that's why I'm asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done or got the Macquarie Telephone Interview (preferably for Macquarie Capital) - willing to swap information of some of the other interviews I have done with several banks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    I don't know man, I sent my MS App first week of August and still haven't heard back so haha
    Same here. I'm beginning to think that this is bad news...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_sp12)
    Has anyone attended Morgan Stanley AC? I have applied for markets and am curious about the technical interview (what it involves), and how much emphasis is put on the paper numerical test?
    Have you been already invited? When did you have your telephone interview?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.