Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    what did you get on your coursework?
    Overall I got a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Can we have someone else collect our GCSE results?
    Yes, as long as you provide them with a letter that is signed by you. They have to show ID as well if they are collecting it for you!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by BlueberryViolin)
    So worried about the high Edexcel Music grade boundaries. Why Edexcel ?!!!!!
    I knew they'd be high. Although I didn't expect maths to be 140, more like 135. 170 for an A* isn't bad at all considering it could of been 171-176. Last years was low because LOADS of students struggled. Our paper wasn't that bad compared to theirs. 70 for C I was expecting, and I thought I'd be 100 for B but I'm not surprised.

ReputationRep:
    do you think the percentage of A and A* will decrease this year like it did with a-level? i have heard that some exam boards are trying to make this the case, so it shows that the new 9-1 way of marking is needed for next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdaniels2011)
    I thought they changed depending on the difficulty of the paper? They try to keep the difficulty the same each year, but according to the results by students, if majority are lower than expected than the grade boundaries will match this. If students did particularly well, then grade boundaries are made higher.
    If the grade boundaries are made lower so that the same number of people who got a particular grade in a particular year is the same as the year before, then this obviously means the paper was more difficult than the previous year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nudelauflauf)
    After looking at the grade boundaries... I think it's time to crack out the vodka
    lol... Save some for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I thought they changed depending on the difficulty of the paper? They try to keep the difficulty the same each year, but according to the results by students, if majority are lower than expected than the grade boundaries will match this. If students did particularly well, then grade boundaries are made higher.
    Thought the same thing, well thats what my teachers said to me anyway. Hopefully everyone does really bad so the grade boundaries go down haha

ReputationRep:
    Just looked at the maths Edexcel grade boundaries and getting a tiny concerned.... in the exam i added up 140 and the grade boundaries said 143 to pass. Will thry try and give me 3 marks???? I don't wanna fail this guys!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm completely dead.

Anyone fancy being my run-away-from-home buddy?

ReputationRep:
    What you think you've got:Mostly As, hopefully some A*sPredicted grades:Best case scenario would be - A*s in English Language and Literature, French, Physics and History, As in Maths, RE, Biology and Chemistry from last year, a C in Art Worst case - A*s in English Lang/Lit and French, As in Physics, History, RE, Biology and Chemistry, A B in Maths and a D in ArtWhat you've actually got:An A in Chemistry from Year 10 How are you feeling about results day?Scared sh*tless tbh
    How are you going to open your result?By envelope at school or on my way home. What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)Biology, Chemistry, Maths w/ Stats and English Literature OR French
    Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)F*ck no! That'd be embarrassing GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrex)
    Thought the same thing, well thats what my teachers said to me anyway. Hopefully everyone does really bad so the grade boundaries go down haha
    Yeah my teacher told me the same.. that once the grades were calculated for everyone sitting a particular exam, the grade boundaries were created afterward to balance or whatever to show how well or not so well students did in the exam. For each question, all answers/marks achieved are added up and an average mark is found. It varies every year because all exams have different difficulties - the student marks emphasise this.

ReputationRep:
    What you think you've got: Mostly As, hopefully some A*s Predicted grades: Best case scenario would be - A*s in English Language and Literature, French, Physics and History, As in Maths, RE, Biology and Chemistry from last year, a C in Art Worst case - A*s in English Lang/Lit and French, As in Physics, History, RE, Biology and Chemistry, A B in Maths and a D in Art What you've actually got: An A in Chemistry from Year 10 How are you feeling about results day? Scared sh*tless tbh How are you going to open your result? By envelope at school or on my way home. What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative) Biology, Chemistry, Maths w/ Stats and English Literature OR French Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!) F*ck no! That'd be embarrassing GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where i can find WJEC English Language level 1 / level 2 certificate grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    Overall I got a B
    That's good . I'm hoping the controlled assessment will bring up my grade as it is 60%. Good luck let me know how you do tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    That's good . I'm hoping the controlled assessment will bring up my grade as it is 60%. Good luck let me know how you do tomorrow
    How did you do in the controlled assessment? If I get a C in reading, with B in controlled assessment and a U on listening....what do you reckon that would balance out at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    How did you do in the controlled assessment? If I get a C in reading, with B in controlled assessment and a U on listening....what do you reckon that would balance out at?
    We weren't told the exact grades and marks but I think I got an A* I reckon that would be a C overall- listening on its own its only 20% so wouldn't make a drastic difference.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my teacher told me the same.. that once the grades were calculated for everyone sitting a particular exam, the grade boundaries were created afterward to balance or whatever to show how well or not so well students did in the exam. For each question, all answers/marks achieved are added up and an average mark is found. It varies every year because all exams have different difficulties - the student marks emphasise this.
    In my own opinion, i would prefer it if they had a fixed mark for each exam, it would make it less stressful for students i think...and its more fair to have a fixed pass mark. Anyway its their decision to make. I Hope you get the results you need/ want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrex)
    In my own opinion, i would prefer it if they had a fixed mark for each exam, it would make it less stressful for students i think...and its more fair to have a fixed pass mark. Anyway its their decision to make. I Hope you get the results you need/ want
    I think so too. Thanks so much, you too. Have a blessed day tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I think so too. Thanks so much, you too. Have a blessed day tomorrow.
    No problem, im sure you've done enough to achieve the grades!! Thank you, well it's more like a stressful day in all fairness

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think time is dragging?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.