Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Not really, at she has also got time lord DNA.

Why didn't she change if she only got the Doctors mind?
    Wilfred didn't change because he was shielded, Donna didn't change because subconsciously she still had a Time Lord mind with all its benefits, thus shielding her from the change as well.

You don't need to have Time Lord DNA to have Time Lord mind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Looking at her doesn't mean :facepalm2:

He longs to be with her and seeing her happy was his reward.

Also, read LastlordofTimes answer to that.

The Time War was time locked. There is no way that women could be Donna.
    Yes it does. Its like the face of boa episode.

No that wasen't his gift.

Clearly, this is wrong as the whole point of this episode is that it wasen't hence the Time Lord could have came back.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely gonna give Matt Smith a chance. I thought Catherine Tate sucked in her first ep and now I think she's brilliant. I think he'll have a lot to live up to but I'm looking forward to it.

Also really enjoyed the scene with the four knocks. Bernard Cribbins owned this episode, he was very emotional and just as good as David.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Y'know in the trailer ... where the phone box explodes? Do you think the Chameleon Circuit starts working but The Doctor decides he doesn't like what it chose so sets it back to the Police Box look, which is how they explain it looking slightly different externally?
    I bet he'll find some way to break it again.

ReputationRep:
    I guess they can say anything. But, at the end of the day when he said who was that person the Doctor looked at Donna.

Also, the music. But, yeah the music played when he was looking at the person is the same music that Donna hears several times.

But, that is actually flawed. See another person didn't want to come back but was killed(you know the scene where the Time Lord killed the women because she said lets just die here), hence actually three people voted against it.

Anyway, there are probably several theories that could equally fit. But, generally how can you explain the end scene. But, yeah I would have to watch it again.
    If she was Donna, how did she get involved in the time war and become a fully fledged timelord? It doesn't make any sense. The mother explanation fits far better with his 'look' simply being one of reflection and the music not actually being coincidental (it's not reserved solely for Donna!).

As for the episode, it was alright, but I'd have preferred the timelords to stay and it was all a bit too star warry for me.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Master also nailed the two episodes. The scene with Wilf and the Doctor with the radiation I think Tennant showed the true colours of a time lord. Always wanting to stay alive, but he does help Wilf.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does. Its like the face of boa episode.

No that wasen't his gift.

Clearly, this is wrong as the whole point of this episode is that it wasen't hence the Time Lord could have came back.
    The Time War IS locked, and shall remain locked, but some things can break through it - e.g. Dalek Caan.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody was not paying attention.

The Time War was timelocked. Anything inside the time war, if it gets out so can others. The Master and his drumming hence the Time Lords.

Donna was not in the Time War
    Please.

Obviously it wasen't locked. Hence the Master being linked to it.

How do you know that?

P.S. This is pointless. Listen to the music when Donna becomes Doctor Donna and in that episode, and listen to the music when Doctor looks into that womens eye at the end. They are linked. So that probably explains why she can show a image of her outside the time locked.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody was not paying attention.

The Time War was timelocked. Anything inside the time war, if it gets out so can others. The Master and his drumming hence the Time Lords.

Donna was not in the Time War
    I'm erring more towards the woman being his mother, but how did she manage to 'connect' with Wilf and tell him all this stuff? Also, why not let Wilf tell The Doctor anything of their meetings? I think I'm probably missing something seriously obvious here, but never mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Well then back to my original question, why is it possible for them to look like a plant, if they are meant to look humanoid? Surely it would be better quality writing to say they don't know how they will look after the regeneration, but they will look humanoid.

-------------------

Has there ever been a male to female or vice versa Timelord regeneration?
    I missed your original post regarding a "plant?". I haven't watched the new series much because like most Americans, I'm a fan of the very old very English series. Although we saw all the Time Lords and they all looked human. They just have two hearts, and an lethal allergy to aspirin. The way RTD has messed with the essence of the show it may not be surprizing if this has changed. Gallerfrey was supposed to be eternally indestructible because it existed outside of time. The Tardis could work without it's existence because it's power source (a black hole) was on Gallerfrey. etc etc

I've never heard of a sex change Dr. regeneration but it's likely to happen in future given what the present Dr. asked about his sex, and that it would not be PC to have a male Dr. forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leopold Bloom)
    If she was Donna, how did she get involved in the time war and become a fully fledged timelord? It doesn't make any sense. The mother explanation fits far better with his 'look' simply being one of reflection and the music not actually being coincidental (it's not reserved solely for Donna!).

As for the episode, it was alright, but I'd have preferred the timelords to stay and it was all a bit too star warry for me.
    She has time lord DNA, hence she didn't change. No that doesn't. Actually, can you point to the episode as yeah pretty much it is used for Donna.

ReputationRep:
    I cried.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

You've just proven you can't understand a simple fact.

Stop quoting me.
    The point is things can get through the time lock, like the Daleks.

You stop quoting me.

P.S. Anyway, its not real. This is a big waste of my time. But, yeah the music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saff123)
    I missed your original post regarding a "plant?". I haven't watched the new series much because like most Americans, I'm a fan of the very old very English series. Although we saw all the Time Lords and they all looked human. They just have two hearts, and an lethal allergy to aspirin. The way RTD has messed with the essence of the show it may not be surprizing if this has changed. Gallerfrey was supposed to be eternally indestructible because it existed outside of time. The Tardis could work without it's existence because it's power source (a black hole) was on Gallerfrey. etc etc

I've never heard of a sex change Dr. regeneration but it's likely to happen in future given what the present Dr. asked about his sex, and that it would not be PC to have a male Dr. forever.
    I originally mentioned them having wheels for fingers :p:

I just meant that it is pointless having the point in mythology that they can regenerate as 'anything' but they only regenerate as humanoids. It is adding to the mythology without any need to what so ever.

And yes I imagine there will be a female Doctor in the future, and judging by the BBC's track record. She will be muslim, wearing the full burkha, in a wheelchair and either lesbian or asexual. I haven't decided which way they are going to go yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    I have no idea. I have watched very little of the old series. There are at least two references in your post that interest me into looking further.
    It's rubbish in the late 80's which is why they killed it off. The older series, were superbly written.
    The Tardis cloaking device is broken (thus it looks forever like a phone box), and the DR. can't fly it very well because his not the most academic Time Lord so he can end up anywhere! He does have an adventurous spirit and heart (unlike his people), even if that's not always enough to save everyone. And sometimes he has to retreat becaus ethe universe is cruel (it was much darker).

It was quite unlike any other Sci-Fi show for generations.

ReputationRep:
    It's rubbish in the late 80's which is why they killed it off. The older series, were superbly written.
    The Tardis cloaking device is broken (thus it looks forever like a phone box), and the DR. can't fly it very well because his not the most academic Time Lord so he can end up anywhere! He does have an adventurous spirit and heart (unlike his people), even if that's not always enough to save everyone. And sometimes he has to retreat becaus ethe universe is cruel (it was much darker).

It was quite unlike any other Sci-Fi show for generations.
    He retreated! Really haven't seen that in any of the new series I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I originally mentioned them having wheels for fingers :p:

I just meant that it is pointless having the point in mythology that they can regenerate as 'anything' but they only regenerate as humanoids. It is adding to the mythology without any need to what so ever.

And yes I imagine there will be a female Doctor in the future, and judging by the BBC's track record. She will be muslim, wearing the full burkha, in a wheelchair and either lesbian or asexual. I haven't decided which way they are going to go yet.
    lol on the highlights. That may be enough to really draw me in again...:p:

Perhaps it was just a a play at humor by the new Doctor, and not a fundamental change in mythology. I have already said how much I dislike the tedium of "I am the last Time Lord" alteration to the mythology and I was hoping RTD had returned to his senses having them return. I wasn't though expecting them to all be evil which is even worse and then banished again single handily with get this "a revolver". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol on the highlights. That may be enough to really draw me in again...:p:

Perhaps it was just a a play at humor by the new Doctor, and not a fundamental change in mythology. I have already said how much I dislike the tedium of "I am the last Time Lord" alteration to the mythology and I was hoping RTD had returned to his senses having them return. I wasn't though expecting them to all be evil which is even worse and then banished again single handily with get this "a revolver". :rolleyes:
    I know what you mean! Why didn't he just use the gauntlet and kill the Doctor. The Doctor was not needed for the return of Gallifrey anymore and he was the only one that could stop them. All he had to do was point and grumble and Gallifrey would of been back in all its glory.

I have to admit I would of liked to have seen the Time Lords returning in all their glory.
    Although with this return I can understand why they came back 'evil' as they had been stuck in an eternal war, feeling death, returning only to killed in another way. (Although I don't think that whole sequence was quite explained but hey it was RTD so I imagine he did his lacklustre best....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    He retreated! Really haven't seen that in any of the new series I don't think.
    Yeah, there are few, one where he and his companion (also his daughter) et al have to run back to the Tardis being pursued by Neolithic violent cavemen (representative of the cruel dark side of humanity), and it ends.

One where he tries to civilise a world and end a war. Again only to meet with the extremism of entrenched hatred and he leaves. I know it's not feel good factor, but it was more real. See Israel/Palestine.

Quality Sci-fi reflects our world. The BBC used to be leaders in Drama. I wish as I've said they take more risks.

ReputationRep:
    I probably shouldn't mention this because it will just cause more rows, but didn't I read somewhere that the Doctor was half-human, on his mother's side :erm:

Also, there has been at least one notable, albeit brief, non-humanoid Time Lord/Lady. Romana went through a few regenerations before settling on her second appearance.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.