Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    It's just quite stupid, I don't understand why they do it.
    That isn't the worst...

Y'know how in a state school to have this ambition of 5 A*/C's, well loads of trips were organised to get them motivated for their C grade? People doing well working at A*/A borderline (i.e. me) are left to improve solely by ourselves because the others cannot be bothered to do their revision at home.

I remember sitting in lessons a week ago and the teacher was literally almost giving the answer out to half the class.

The point is that many strong academic kids in state schools are left in the dust because they're too busy moddy-coddling out for those who need a C and still on Foundation in Yr 11:mad:

ReputationRep:
    How's school?

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    Statistics put me in a bad mood...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Good after noon bwadas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    That isn't the worst...

Y'know how in a state school to have this ambition of 5 A*/C's, well loads of trips were organised to get them motivated for their C grade? People doing well working at A*/A borderline (i.e. me) are left to improve solely by ourselves because the others cannot be bothered to do their revision at home.

I remember sitting in lessons a week ago and the teacher was literally almost giving the answer out to half the class.

The point is that many strong academic kids in state schools are left in the dust because they're too busy moddy-coddling out for those who need a C and still on Foundation in Yr 11:mad:
    I completely agree. I was in the same position as you. I've noticed that some people have no desire to learn and they don't even care about their own education. It sucks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    French speaking tomorrow and I haven't memorised it or the questions yet :sadnod:
    Good luck, you'll be fine

And why have I been negged?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Are you actually insane? :lolwut:

(Original post by Bluffroom)
    <br />
    <br />

You are kidding right? :lolwut:
    Ok maybe I went overboard with totalitarianism but Sandy hook isn't what the media tells us it is!

(Original post by Aurorae)
    How was Sandy Hook an inside job? Do you have any evidence for this?
    Youtube, my friend
    (Original post by Jina)
    :/ I don't want to see you on TSR today! Be revising from the second you come home!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok, I'll leave after this :yep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Good luck, you'll be fine

And why have I been negged?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ok maybe I went overboard with totalitarianism but Sandy hook isn't what the media tells us it is!

Youtube, my friend

Ok, I'll leave after this :yep:

Thanks!

Dude, seriously - it was a shooting done by a nutter. There is no conspiracy.

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon

ReputationRep:
    Dude, seriously - it was a shooting done by a nutter. There is no conspiracy.
    You should do some research before coming to that conclusion

ReputationRep:
    You should do some research before coming to that conclusion
    Give me some informative links to make me think differently. It's like the whole 9/11 controlled explosion thing - it's bs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    How's school?

USING THE TSR APP
    Well the fire bell went off after the bell, so school was officially over, and the fire bell went off. It wasn't a drill, so I think it was either an actual fire or someone making toast or something stupid like that. The did close down one of the corridors...

(Original post by Leechayy)
    That isn't the worst...

That's exactly what I'm like, there's all this obsession over getting Cs, whereas I'd be almost horrified to have a C. I wish they set more subjects at my school, I don't know about you, but only English, maths and science are set for me, the others are just chosen randomly.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my dase, I have a English language Exam tommorrow an infomation and ideas one.
    Any tips guys?

ReputationRep:
    Give me some informative links to make me think differently. It's like the whole 9/11 controlled explosion thing - it's bs.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.qW3w8qFJmPM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armani786)
    Oh my dase, I have a English language Exam tommorrow an infomation and ideas one.
    Any tips guys?
    Wow, one of the earliest exams! Go in with an attitude of "this is my one chance to prove the world" and write till the last second of the exam! Also remember after that exam, no more of that lessons for the academic year! End on a positive. Other than that, sleep well and go mad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you on the idea that we shouldn't believe shouldn't believe everything the media tells us. Mass media topic in sociology ftw! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those videos are bs.

ReputationRep:
    Time to be productive

ReputationRep:
    Those videos are all bs and are made by really stupid people. I can't believe you believe the crap in those videos.
    What's bs about it?

ReputationRep:
    What's bs about it?
    They take something which was a real event and reduce them to petty theories and blame the government or the CIA or whatever they want to blame. There is no logic in seeing this tragedy and then thinking 'the Obama administration did this'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.