Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    There's more to getting into these top universities than grades. Your interview and entrance test scores play a big part in seperating you from the rest of the candidates who have met the entry requirements.
    And there's always a story about an 'exceptional student' not getting into Oxford/Cambridge. You've got to remember that someone who was deemed more capable in more areas than one recieved their place instead.

I'm gonna do work experience in a Charity Shop one day a month and I'm gonna do work experience in every place I can get (GP Surgery, Care Home, etc...), that'll help won't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    You just need to be confident with yourself having a negative mindset wont motivate you to aim high.
    I have lots of confidence with my education, but I try to be realistic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I'm gonna do work experience in a Charity Shop one day a month and I'm gonna do work experience in every place I can get (GP Surgery, Care Home, etc...), that'll help won't it?
    I assume you want to do a course in Medicine. Doing things like that will certainly help rather than hinder you but the main thing is once you've met the entry requirements you need to have the confidence to carry yourself and show the tutors at these top universities why you deserve a place at their institution.
    Being realistic isn't a bad thing but sometimes it stops you from pushing yourself and achieving so much more

ReputationRep:
    I assume you want to do a course in Medicine. Doing things like that will certainly help rather than hinder you but the main thing is once you've met the entry requirements you need to have the confidence to carry yourself and show the tutors at these top universities why you deserve a place at their institution.
    Being realistic isn't a bad thing but sometimes it stops you from pushing yourself and achieving so much more

I've been educated for a school in five years where people don't have much confidence in themselves, it rubs off... what university are you intending to study at?

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to wish everyone good luck just finished my first year at college andI remember what it was like just remember nothing's as bad as you imagine it to be, you'll all do fine I'm sure xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I've been educated for a school in five years where people don't have much confidence in themselves, it rubs off... what university are you intending to study at?
    I spent 5 years at a school where achieving above a U is seen as outstanding and where people like myself who wanted to go for the top grades like A/A* were seen as idiots
    Cambridge, Birmigham- any university that will take me really . I know alot about most of the university's entry requirements and courses but I think either than the ranking, the main difference when choosing where to apply for me will be how I feel when I visit the universities themselves.
    Do you have any specific universities currently in mind for yourself?

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to believe that our results are stored away somewhere, with no purpose, until 5 more days. I'm only getting my maths result, but it still feels horrible.

ReputationRep:
    I spent 5 years at a school where achieving above a U is seen as outstanding and where people like myself who wanted to go for the top grades like A/A* were seen as idiots
    Cambridge, Birmigham- any university that will take me really . I know alot about most of the university's entry requirements and courses but I think either than the ranking, the main difference when choosing where to apply for me will be how I feel when I visit the universities themselves.
    Do you have any specific universities currently in mind for yourself?

I know how you feel, I'm pretty much straight A/A* in my subjects and people look at me like some freak of nature; all I do is work hard.

My preference is to go to UEA (Norwich) because I live quite close to it, and I like the city and I think I stand a good chance of meeting the entry criteria. I'm open to other options, but I've not really looked at many other places. I don't want to travel too far from home in case I don't like it and can't quickly escape!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Did anyone take the I.C.T exam with edexcel?
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meadhbh 3)
    Am i the only one whose waiting for most of their results for CCEA?
    All my results are with CCEA. What subjects did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    It's hard to believe that our results are stored away somewhere, with no purpose, until 5 more days. I'm only getting my maths result, but it still feels horrible.
    I bet they feel lonely, sitting on some dark, dusty shelves..... longing to be opened and compared to their superiors.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I bet they feel lonely, sitting on some dark, dusty shelves..... longing to be opened and compared to their superiors.
    I doubt it.

I think they're on a database, waiting to be uploaded and then downloaded by the school and then printed which probably hasn't been done yet.

ReputationRep:
    Is the EPQ only available for English students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    I doubt it.

I think they're on a database, waiting to be uploaded and then downloaded by the school and then printed which probably hasn't been done yet.

Wherever they are, they're taking too long.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Is the EPQ only available for English students?
    Nope, it's for anyone regardless of subject choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meadhbh 3)
    Am i the only one whose waiting for most of their results for CCEA?
    Nope! 9 of my 11 subjects are with CCEA.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Wherever they are, they're taking too long.
    You could just hack into the website

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it's for anyone regardless of subject choices.
    Awesome, tempted to give it a go but will need to read into it more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mascot of NI)
    All my results are with CCEA. What subjects did you do?
    I've got 9 of my subjects with CCEA! Best exam board there is.

ReputationRep:
    You could just hack into the website

If I knew how, I'd be on it. And I'd try and change the results of the people I don't like to read 'All U's'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.