Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchBookWorm)
    Hi!
    I had a look around the KCL forum and I couldn't see a Medicine offer holder thread.
    Some other med schools have one so I looked for King's.

Do you know if there is one?
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/250047...9?ref=bookmark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchBookWorm)
    Hi!
    I had a look around the KCL forum and I couldn't see a Medicine offer holder thread.
    Some other med schools have one so I looked for King's.

Do you know if there is one?
    And this one too!
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/230996...7?ref=bookmark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodhope)
    Congratulations! Did you receive the email "Your application will be held a little longer........" before you received your offer?

Yes i received the message last Tuesday .

ReputationRep:
    Just received an email regarding another offer holders open day on the 16th of April! So everyone who received an offer after the previous open day can come! YAY! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obaidiio)
    Just received an email regarding another offer holders open day on the 16th of April! So everyone who received an offer after the previous open day can come! YAY! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! thank you kings <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obaidiio)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    looking forward to this

ReputationRep:
    Fazydazy you're implying that this thread is going off topic but that's exactly what you have done here yourself. I can't believe you could be a parent with that attitude, I know If I had a parent with similar verbal diarrhoea I'd have got myself adopted. How shameful to write like this as a mature adult!

Im not sticking up for anyone, your comments are offensive to anyone who sees them!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously what is going on here? Can we stick to medicine instead of having this melodrama?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDoctor)
    Seriously what is going on here? Can we stick to medicine instead of having this melodrama?
    Can we please stay on topic. This paints a really negative image of what King's is like and it's so not like it. :P I am going to think everyone is lovely until proven otherwise.

@Hugby: Please stop trolling.

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who are saying hello101 and DrAng are taking up this forum,

as prospective doctors and even mothers (idc if your account is false or whatnot), one of the key skills you have to have is empathy and this is in no way obvious from your hateful, discouraging comments...

for one thing, unlike us year 13 applicants (or even graduate/gap year students) hello101 does not have teachers/career advisors behind him offering advice for the next step when all else has failed so he should be allowed to come on here to seek guidance (and props to DrAng for acting as that teacher to support and help him out!). If you're saying that hello101 is self pitying and looking for attention then have you thought from his perspective? He is a GRADUATE in a GAP YEAR... He's allowed to feel lost and defeated... It's easy for us to say pick yourself up and reapply next year because we have that option with years left ahead of us but once you reach his age you can't bumble around hoping for something to happen next year...? How is he going to fund for his life this year? He can't live on his parents year after year waiting for a uni to take him when he masters that magical interview technique... Not only are you guys not helping him through this tough time, you're now saying that he's spamming up the forum? How can you guys be so mean? Empathy is key here.

another thing, just because you guys can hide behind a username making you practically anonymous it doesn't mean that you can be disrespectful. DrAng has been an inspiration in that s/he has given up their time to come on here and offer guidance to hello101 who has been so supportive to everyone else on here.... And from what DrAng has said, s/he is obviously a respectable senior doctor who (in another world) may be your teacher/consultant that you shadow in your clinical years... Would you ever be so rude as to say that s/he is talking too much when they're trying to help you or someone else?

and a final thing, them talking does not restrict you from posting what you want to (hah! Evidently). Judging by their replies they're not exactly posting on here non stop clogging up the pages so that anyone else's comments get lost and in fact they are well thought out, sincere replies to each other. If we revert back to the whole purpose of this forum, it is to share your experiences in applying to medicine/this particular med school and that is exactly what hello101 is doing... Obviously people go back to the threads from the year before when applying to medicine and the conversation between this two will act as guidance to others who find themselves at similar stages of the application process... The advice DrAng gives is invaluable and acts as inspiration to people pursuing medicine whereas the thoughts and emotions of hello101 will show prospective students what it could be like to apply later on in life or how it would feel like to lose out on all your options... Is there an issue with sharing your story to others? (Okay, maybe that's a bit biased since I do love hearing other's stories) For those of you who don't want to read their conversation then you could either not read the thread or just scroll past their replies... That's not too hard is it?

it saddens me that you guys can be so hateful to each other... We're all going after the same thing and, if anyone, you should know how hard it is to keep your head up high in this draining application process... A comment before said that this was giving kings bad rep, it's true... I'm slightly glad I didn't get into kings now, if on top of the huuuuge workload, I'd have to endure all these inconsiderate remarks... So much for we're all in this together. (And before you say, yes I am bitter that I didn't get into kings but I got a place elsewhere that I'm just as happy to go to... I'm allowed optimism!)

@hello101 I got rejected on the same day as you and I can only imagine how bad you feel... It must be about 10 times worse than my heartbreak but stay strong! You've come this far so you should be proud and whether you choose to go on or if this is where you part ways with medicine, know that a lot of people would not have had the courage to do what you did! If you reapply maybe apply to ones outside of London? They are less competitive afterall, best wishes!

@DrAng as a Chinese myself I have a deep-felt awe for the way you have showed your kindness and compassion. You are a true example of a lotus growing out of murky water and that is what I have always aimed to be.. I hope that one day I too can meet you and even your daughter - you both seem like such lovely people and of whom I could learn loads from.

p.s I realise I use a lot of ellipses too and like hello101 I used to use them between every sentence - I was notorious for that but NO I AM NOT A FAKE ACCOUNT THAT HELLO101 OR ANYONE ELSE ON THIS THREAD MADE UP... I am merely someone who was seeking attention from DrAng and everyone else on here...

ReputationRep:
    To clarify - I have only one account. Your suggestions otherwise are cracking me up... Seriously guys - learn to handle a troll. Difficult patients and all that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm hugby...maybe you're all hugby, is hugby real or is he just a figment of our imaginations....Is he like the TSR Santa Claus....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    Maybe I'm hugby...maybe you're all hugby, is hugby real or is he just a figment of our imaginations....Is he like the TSR Santa Claus....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is this madness? Why are we still on the same subject?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any information of when Kings will make a decision on the remaining applicants they have on hold?

ReputationRep:
    I created this group :3

ReputationRep:
    Who's hugby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, quick q.

Is the post offer open day on 16th April gonna have the same content as the offer holders open day a couple weeks ago? I couldn't make it to that one so I'm hoping I'll get just as good information from this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How can Hugby be real if our eyes aren't real?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VK96)
    How can Hugby be real if our eyes aren't real?
    Wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS Miz)
    Hi guys, quick q.

Is the post offer open day on 16th April gonna have the same content as the offer holders open day a couple weeks ago? I couldn't make it to that one so I'm hoping I'll get just as good information from this.
    Yes! It's going to be pretty much the same- quite a few people were given offers after the previous one had taken place (including me) so i guess this is an opportunity for them and those who missed the first one! You can always email them just to make sure!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.