Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Highlighting doesn't sound like fun though.

What do you even do? Is it literally just studying Films? Or is there more to it? I didn't properly look into it.
    That's part of it, but like you learn about the making off, behind the scenes, history of film etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    That's part of it, but like you learn about the making off, behind the scenes, history of film etc etc
    Oh right, that doesn't sound too bad I guess.

How are you finding Sociology?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, that doesn't sound too bad I guess.

How are you finding Sociology?
    Alright so far! Haven't done anything too tedious yet

ReputationRep:
    Alright so far! Haven't done anything too tedious yet
    Ahh good, that sounds promising.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh good, that sounds promising.
    Only done evolution of society thus far, next lesson in on Tuesday so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    I mean in biology class Sorry, I didn't make that too clear! But as for subjects I'm doing bio, chem, maths and geog.
    oh lol, enzymes

ReputationRep:
    Only done evolution of society thus far, next lesson in on Tuesday so
    Well if I have it on Monday, I'll get back to you on what I did. On our Induction Day (back on July 2nd) we did some work on Slavery.

ReputationRep:
    Well if I have it on Monday, I'll get back to you on what I did. On our Induction Day (back on July 2nd) we did some work on Slavery.
    I don't even know what I'm doing next haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    x
    Nope, that's wrong

A hint I was given - think about the real part of the equation, and the imaginary part. (If you're still interested in doing it )

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any advice on remarks? I need 3 more raw marks to go up to an a* in English language and to go down to a b I'd have to drop 10 marks on the exam. Do you know anyone who's grade has ever changed by that much? I'm not much of a risk taker so I just want to make a really informed decision aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    anyone got any advice on remarks? I need 3 more raw marks to go up to an a* in English language and to go down to a b I'd have to drop 10 marks on the exam. Do you know anyone who's grade has ever changed by that much? I'm not much of a risk taker so I just want to make a really informed decision aha
    I assume there will be mixed results, some people going up and some going down, maybe even staying the same. A part of me thinks the system is corrupt and we're paying for extra marks, I hope that's true haha I don't know any success stories but either way, do you think you did better than what you were graded at? I'm looking at a bunch of remarking too since i'm 2ums off a B in History, 1 ums off an A in Business, and 2ums off a B in Literature. Is this going to be expensive? If everything goes pear shaped we've got a bunch of ums leeway, but I know we both still want to keep that, plus i doubt it would come to that.. just have to go with your gut I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB1997)
    Most of the time we have the same subject for two lessons in a row so it's like having hour long lessons. I only like having single lessons in subjects I don't like 'cause they go so quickly, but I don't have any subjects I dislike anymore
    Ah, that makes sense I know, it's great to think that I'll never have to learn certain subjects again

ReputationRep:
    I NEED ADVICE! I've started college but i want to change two of my a levels but my college won't allow a subject change until the end of the month meaning i'll miss a WHOLE months of work :/. Shall i leave the college and join a sixth form which is no where near as credited as this college I'm already at? Am i allowed to do that since I've enrolled? help guys im so confused :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph12345)
    I NEED ADVICE! I've started college but i want to change two of my a levels but my college won't allow a subject change until the end of the month meaning i'll miss a WHOLE months of work :/. Shall i leave the college and join a sixth form which is no where near as credited as this college I'm already at? Am i allowed to do that since I've enrolled? help guys im so confused :confused::confused:

I don't see why you don't just wait till the end of the month, since hardly anything tbh is covered in the first few months really. Also, you could start reading ahead if you're worried about missing anything.

Is there any particular reason why you want to change 2 of your courses so early on in the year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    I don't see why you don't just wait till the end of the month, since hardly anything tbh is covered in the first few months really. Also, you could start reading ahead if you're worried about missing anything.

Is there any particular reason why you want to change 2 of your courses so early on in the year?
    That's true and I've just changed my mind in my career pathway and I'm defiantly sure that I do not want to go into medicine anymore.

ReputationRep:
    That's true and I've just changed my mind in my career pathway and I'm defiantly sure that I do not want to go into medicine anymore.
    Fair enough, its completely understandable if you've changed what you want to do. I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with your other subjects, so don't worry about that too much. Just make sure that your college will definitely let you change courses at the end of this month

ReputationRep:
    Hey there I have started my a-levels and am finding physics to be difficult as well as time consuming.I am seriously considering changing it to geography to maximise my chance of getting 3 A's at A-level so that I can study medicine.My current subject selection is biology,chemistry,physics and maths. I need your advice and thought asap!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Fair enough, its completely understandable if you've changed what you want to do. I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with your other subjects, so don't worry about that too much. Just make sure that your college will definitely let you change courses at the end of this month
    I hope I can and yeah they'll only be able to if there are spaces in the class

ReputationRep:
    Help anyone how do u make a new thread

ReputationRep:
    I hope I can and yeah they'll only be able to if there are spaces in the class
    Ah that's fair enough, hopefully there will be enough space in those classes.
    (Original post by GaloisCircles)
    Help anyone how do u make a new thread

You'd have to go to the most relevant forum, then near the top of the page, there should be a orange button that says something like 'create a thread'

Edit: it actually says "post new thread"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.