Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahad1912)
    You go qm too? 😮

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    No, my friends are the oraganisers of the event, so I've been meanings to come and see how well they've done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    But the ucl event is on the day of the soo fariiso event. I would love to attend but idk if I can go both in a day as theyre at the same time lol
    I know your head as well as some of the committee members, so I will have a word with them. I have already spoken to them, but I wasn't aware of any event clashes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by straw-struck)
    I know your head as well as some of the committee members, so I will have a word with them. I have already spoken to them, but I wasn't aware of any event clashes.
    Ah that would be so helpful sis! i cant wait to meet you and other somali students! Should be fun inshaAllah

ReputationRep:
    No, my friends are the oraganisers of the event, so I've been meanings to come and see how well they've done.
    I don't know any of them but I remember them enticing Somali and other people with Shani, xalwo and other similar sweet stuff lol

I'm particularly interested in seeing how the events are run ad whether they'll be quite fun.

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooo someone's well connected lol 😌😋

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah that would be so helpful sis! i cant wait to meet you and other somali students! Should be fun inshaAllah
    Yes, it would be great to finally see you in person ☺️.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know any of them but I remember them enticing Somali and other people with Shani, xalwo and other similar sweet stuff lol

I'm particularly interested in seeing how the events are run ad whether they'll be quite fun.

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    I remember seeing the photos on Facebook, and I was so proud to see xalwo 😂😂. Come along to our event since we have kings students coming along too.

ReputationRep:
    I remember seeing the photos on Facebook, and I was so proud to see xalwo 😂😂. Come along to our event since we have kings students coming along too.
    The link isn't working, can you put up another one. And wasn't SecretNerd saying your event and ours clashed?

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The link isn't working, can you put up another one. And wasn't SecretNerd saying your event and ours clashed?

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    https://www.facebook.com/events/347424145435533/ Try that one.
    Yes, I am aware of the clash and I have spoken to your head and some comitte members and they will inform you about our event. In others words, the plan is to merge the two for this Friday only.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/347424145435533/ Try that one.
    Yes, I am aware of the clash and I have spoken to your head and some comitte members and they will inform you about our event. In others words, the plan is to merge the two for this Friday only.
    Do you know where the event will be?

I think it's just not working for me; this is what I keep getting:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415093426.476478.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  75.3 KB

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you know where the event will be?

I think it's just not working for me; this is what I keep getting:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415093426.476478.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  75.3 KB

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    It's happening at the village in Hammersmith, and don't worey you will get an email soon from queen Mary somali society inshallah

ReputationRep:
    It's happening at the village in Hammersmith, and don't worey you will get an email soon from queen Mary somali society inshallah
    So which other universities are taking part in this event apart from queen Mary and King's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by precious maro)
    lool, I kinda felt sorry the girl that almost cried - the project manager
    Lol I know what you mean, but in truth she was not that good of a manager.

ReputationRep:
    So which other universities are taking part in this event apart from queen Mary and King's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys i got the email. So excited!!
    The girl asked us to suggest any ideas for the future socials and I suggested baraanbur training. Lmao im such a weirdo :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    How is the QM isoc, secretnerd?

ReputationRep:
    Why have I not been invited

ReputationRep:
    x
    What was in the content of the email? Screenshot maybe? And can you send me their email, I'm still yet to receive an email from them.

Lol at your suggestion. What did they say in response?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Why have I not been invited
    city isnt a university of london though?
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    How is the QM isoc, secretnerd?
    Its good sis although I haven't been to many of their events yet. I feel like the isoc events are not organised well and people can just attend any event whenever they feel like it so theres always new faces. There isn't a community feel but then again that was to be expected as it has one of the largest population of muslim stueents. I'm more connected to the psychology and (hopefully more) of the somali soc though

Hows your gap year so far darling?

ReputationRep:
    What was in the content of the email? Screenshot maybe? And can you send me their email, I'm still yet to receive an email from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is the head of the somali soc's email: [email protected]. Email her and ask her to add you to the list of members so you're always up to date with the emails

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415148740.059778.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  144.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415148772.998524.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  163.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415148785.120197.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  148.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And this is how she replied to the baraanbur response haha
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415148829.214626.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  106.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.