Spoilers... sort of:lol:
    He chose to click on the spoiler the first time so serves him right :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    He chose to click on the spoiler the first time so serves him right :lol:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    What is your most challenging A2? Have you noticed any jumps in your subject?

I've noticed a jump in my maths A level but find it more engaging and exciting. I've noticed my maths skills go up from a B to A/A* However, I have noticed a drop in my History grade B to a C purely because I have no interest left in the subject. The grind is surreal, especially when you have a university offer on the line. :lol:

Why can't I be good at both? ^
    Maths is my hardest. History and English Lit seem to be about as hard as they were last year but maths has gotten so much harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Spoilers... sort of:lol:
    Watched episode 50 again. My eyes always tear up when I watch it :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Watched episode 50 again. My eyes always tear up when I watch it :cry:
    Was just about to drop some major spoilers for H. Ibrahim but remembered he's watching before I submitted.

Can't wait for Shutoku v Rakuzan to be animated, them shots are gonna be amazing if you remember what I'm on about from the manga.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    It's not as bad as my school's website. It's got a website header that covers around 2/3 of the screen and scrolls down with you... at leas the TSR one has scaling size :lol:
    Clever clever

ReputationRep:
    What is your most challenging A2? Have you noticed any jumps in your subject?

I've noticed a jump in my maths A level but find it more engaging and exciting. I've noticed my maths skills go up from a B to A/A* However, I have noticed a drop in my History grade B to a C purely because I have no interest left in the subject. The grind is surreal, especially when you have a university offer on the line. :lol:

Why can't I be good at both? ^
    Chemistry. I do like the subject and everything (it's my degree choice!) but it's so much harder this year than it was last year. I think I'm coping okay though *touchwood*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    Maths is my hardest. History and English Lit seem to be about as hard as they were last year but maths has gotten so much harder.
    I understand where your coming from but surely with hard work and practise you should find maths fairly straightforward. (apart from mechanics lol )

How are you currently finding History? Did you have to hand in a coursework worth 40% of your A2 grade? Whats your unit 3 exam in June on? I've been given a reading list for the final History unit. I'm studying England: reformation of the church 1629-60 or something. Wbu?

Is History harder than English lit or vice versa? <-- are they both roughly the same difficulty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    Chemistry. I do like the subject and everything (it's my degree choice!) but it's so much harder this year than it was last year. I think I'm coping okay though *touchwood*.
    I heard Chemistry A level requires the most hard-work out of the three sciences to get a high grade. Biology seems like memorisation and Physics is by far the most conceptually hardest science A level from the three.

Don't hate me if you do biology lol
    I just do Physics

ReputationRep:
    Was just about to drop some major spoilers for H. Ibrahim but remembered he's watching before I submitted.

Can't wait for Shutoku v Rakuzan to be animated, them shots are gonna be amazing if you remember what I'm on about from the manga.
    Spoiler for H. Ibrahim, don't click on it this time :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I only remember the golden rule of KnB still applies - every team wins by one basket

I think the only shots I really remember are Midorima's synchronised 3 pointers from passes and of course, the Comet Spreadable Strawberry (because I know he'll have clicked this, but I'm sure you can figure out what I'm talking about)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I heard Chemistry A level requires the most hard-work out of the three sciences to get a high grade. Biology seems like memorisation and Physics is by far the most conceptually hardest science A level from the three.

Don't hate me if you do biology lol
    I just do Physics
    I find both HL Chemistry and HL Physics relatively straightforward, though there are some tough concepts. You can answer most of the questions in my Physics course with just dimensional analysis though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I only remember the golden rule of KnB still applies - every team wins by one basket

I think the only shots I really remember are Midorima's synchronised 3 pointers from passes and of course, the Comet Spreadable Strawberry (because I know he'll have clicked this, but I'm sure you can figure out what I'm talking about)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah they're the ones I'm talking about. Rakuzan actually win by a fair amount in the end actually I think. Plus Kise's Perfect Copy gonna be too OP as well. I wanna see Touou v Rakuzan though and more GoM matchups, we only get Kise v Aomine and Midorima v Akashi.

Comet Spreadable Strawberry:lol:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah they're the ones I'm talking about. Rakuzan actually win by a fair amount in the end actually I think. Plus Kise's Perfect Copy gonna be too OP as well. I wanna see Touou v Rakuzan though and more GoM matchups, we only get Kise v Aomine and Midorima v Akashi.

Spoiler:
    Show

Ah yes they did I think - it was probably to emphasise how OP Akashi is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I understand where your coming from but surely with hard work and practise you should find maths fairly straightforward. (apart from mechanics lol )

How are you currently finding History? Did you have to hand in a coursework worth 40% of your A2 grade? Whats your unit 3 exam in June on? I've been given a reading list for the final History unit. I'm studying England: reformation of the church 1629-60 or something. Wbu?

Is History harder than English lit or vice versa? <-- are they both roughly the same difficulty?
    I don't know. I used to be quite logic minded but now I'm much more artsy so art isn't particularly easy. A lot of stuff at A level you just sort of have to accept that it happens and I like knowing why things happen and that annoys me and sort of reduces my understanding of things.

I'm loving history. I've finished the source analysis coursework and we're starting the other piece after Christmas. The June exam is on American Civil Rights which is really interesting and probably my favourite thing we've done in history so far.

Lit is probably harder in terms of analysis and all that but I think I just have more interest in history. I love reading and stuff but I don't tend to get too analytical and history is sort of just where most of my interest lies and what I'm applying for at uni so I find it challenging but less so because it's interesting, if that makes any sense. What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    x
    Seen it - delete it quickly! yeah that was OP man

Btw if you're on your computer then get puush - you can upload your entire screen or parts of it as a screenshot and it'll put the link to the image straight into your copy and paste. Makes uploading here so easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

Btw if you're on your computer then get puush - you can upload your entire screen or parts of it as a screenshot and it'll put the link to the image straight into your copy and paste. Makes uploading here so easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was actually slightly scared:lol:

Thanks, just downloaded it

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Bude8)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Bude8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the Spoiler free posts
    I've learnt my lesson, not ruining S2 for myself :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.Ibrahim)
    Thanks for the Spoiler free posts
    I've learnt my lesson, not ruining S2 for myself :lol:
    They're S3(manga) spoilers anyway but no problem

ReputationRep:
    They're S3(manga) spoilers anyway but no problem
    I'de rather wait for the S3 anime to be released instead of reading the manga

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    I don't know. I used to be quite logic minded but now I'm much more artsy so art isn't particularly easy. A lot of stuff at A level you just sort of have to accept that it happens and I like knowing why things happen and that annoys me and sort of reduces my understanding of things.

I'm loving history. I've finished the source analysis coursework and we're starting the other piece after Christmas. The June exam is on American Civil Rights which is really interesting and probably my favourite thing we've done in history so far.

Lit is probably harder in terms of analysis and all that but I think I just have more interest in history. I love reading and stuff but I don't tend to get too analytical and history is sort of just where most of my interest lies and what I'm applying for at uni so I find it challenging but less so because it's interesting, if that makes any sense. What are you applying for?
    My unit 3 exam in June is: Option A - Revolution and Conflict in England. I'm assuming your doing Option C - The United States: Challenged and Transformed then?

What was your coursework topic on?
    When did you have to had in your coursework part B? (100 year or so essay)
    I'm in the same boat as you I'm handing in my source analysis Part A of my coursework
    tomorrow as it's due on Thursday for early feedback and another possible redraft.

I loved learning about the Civil rights era during my GCSE and AS year. I wish I was studying for your Unit in the June exam as it would be easier for me to relate to. I'm learning about Henry VIII Catholicism to protestantism etc. Did you get a reading list over the Christmas break for your next unit 3 or not?

What was your fourth AS subject? Where did you apply for History? Have you heard back from any universities? I'm applying to study Physics the opposite spectrum from writing essays. I'm just drained at this point, especially from writing essays and just see myself far more skilled in Maths than History which makes sense since I'm planning on studying Physics

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.